Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking for 15MM front spacers. The spacers I ordered from Madness (Athena brand) have extremely tight tolerances and for whatever reason, the driver's side spacer refuses to sit flat and causes a vibration at speed. Every other set I look up seems to come in sets of four (front and rear). Can anyone recommend or help me out here?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Is there rust on the hub? Try scrubbing the hub with a wire brush to see if the spacer fits better.

Reactions: 4Canada

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there rust on the hub? Try scrubbing the hub with a wire brush to see if the spacer fits better.

yea I even wire brushed the hub with the dremel as well as the inner surface of the spacer. Just won't sit flat I'm not sure what's up. I can't find anything on the rotor or spacer - i think the inner bore of the spacer is just too tight and I don't have the machinery to do it properly at home. (nor should I have to - these are supposed to fit).

·
Registered
2016 Spider
178 Posts
yea I even wire brushed the hub with the dremel as well as the inner surface of the spacer. Just won't sit flat I'm not sure what's up. I can't find anything on the rotor or spacer - i think the inner bore of the spacer is just too tight and I don't have the machinery to do it properly at home. (nor should I have to - these are supposed to fit).
I got these from Repartocorse, they are Italian made, come with longer log bolts and caliper bolts and they fit nicely. These are shipped from Italy but at the time I wanted 25mm for rear which was not listed on the ebay so I contacted them directly via their website and they took care of it via PayPal and directly shipped em to me from Italy. DHL took about a week. Their website is in Italian language but chrome/google translate helped me :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got these from Repartocorse, they are Italian made, come with longer log bolts and caliper bolts and they fit nicely. These are shipped from Italy but at the time I wanted 25mm for rear which was not listed on the ebay so I contacted them directly via their website and they took care of it via PayPal and directly shipped em to me from Italy. DHL took about a week. Their website is in Italian language but chrome/google translate helped me :D

thanks! Their ebay page does everything in AU dollars lol. I'll check it out. Ideally if there's a US supplier that would be awesome

·
Registered
2016 Spider
178 Posts
thanks! Their ebay page does everything in AU dollars lol. I'll check it out. Ideally if there's a US supplier that would be awesome
I think it would still work, the ebay converts it to US dollar and shows you the exact amount you will be charged. But they are very responsive to emails via their website too.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,007 Posts
Not to offend, but did you check that the little bolt that holds the disc to the hub is not causing this? I know I had to verify that the spacer was aligned properly so the bolt's head would fit into the void in the spacer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not to offend, but did you check that the little bolt that holds the disc to the hub is not causing this? I know I had to verify that the spacer was aligned properly so the bolt's head would fit into the void in the spacer.
Exactly check that first

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
805 Posts
Hello imissedtheapex,

Thank you for reaching out. Have you been able to get in touch with one of our Team Members to see if they can help you with the fitment?

If you could please send me a PM with some photos of the spacer/ hub/ wheel and you order number I will be happy to get with one of our installers and see if they have any tips or we can get you set up with spacers that do work.

Thank you again!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Or, be like some of us and only run spacers on the rear. ;)
what spacers do you run on the rear? I wanted 20 MM in the rear but wanted to keep the track width ratio to as close as stock without going 20 MM in the front, so I chose 15s.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello imissedtheapex,

Thank you for reaching out. Have you been able to get in touch with one of our Team Members to see if they can help you with the fitment?

If you could please send me a PM with some photos of the spacer/ hub/ wheel and you order number I will be happy to get with one of our installers and see if they have any tips or we can get you set up with spacers that do work.

Thank you again!

thank you, I'll send a PM shortly!

·
Registered
682 Posts
what spacers do you run on the rear? I wanted 20 MM in the rear but wanted to keep the track width ratio to as close as stock without going 20 MM in the front, so I chose 15s.
The Athena 20mm rear spacers.

Might also take a look here:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts