Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ive been thinking of buying these for a long time , something keeps stopping me , maybe i worry about the fitment , the design is nice and agressive ....not sure why im holding back

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Ive been thinking of buying these for a long time , something keeps stopping me , maybe i worry about the fitment , the design is nice and agressive ....not sure why im holding back

Yes, I like the concept but would like to see what it looks like inside the wheel arch when (if) fitted with mesh and liners.
I’m not too fond of the hood vents. I think a smoother, more integrated design would be a better answer.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yes, I like the concept but would like to see the what it looks like inside the wheel arch when (if) fitted with mesh and liners.
Seems like everyone is waiting for the Guinea pig , usually i dont mind being that guy however car just spent time getting nose repainted thanks to a rock that went right through the PPF . Maybe this winter ill take the dive for us all

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Seems like everyone is waiting for the Guinea pig , usually i dont mind being that guy however car just spent time getting nose repainted thanks to a rock that went right through the PPF .

That happened a while ago to my Giulietta. The rock dented the bonnet, tore the ppf and chipped the paint. I saw it coming it was that large, but couldn’t brake hard enough.
That’s very obliging of you, Lars. Looking forward seeing how it goes.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
That happened a while ago to my Giulietta. The rock dented the bonnet, tore the ppf and chipped the paint. I saw it coming it was that large, but couldn’t brake hard enough.
You got it bro , and yes its crazy we must have both seen that rock ....the worst , cost me 3000 , however i added some more ppf to roof and side skirts and ceramic pro

On the bumper if there is anyone out there who used them please come forward , spare me from being " the guy" for once

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yes, I like the concept but would like to see what it looks like inside the wheel arch when (if) fitted with mesh and liners.
I’m not too fond of the hood vents. I think a smoother, more integrated design would be a better answer.
I don’t think I made pictures from the inside of these style but it will be the same like on the racing vents. I will search for some pictures and add them later…We usually use two meshes. One directly glued from behind at the part itself and the second covering the hole inside the inner wheel arch itself that is made from a synthetic felt or so. The accurate look depends on your own work. If you cut in an accurate hole and make small holes with a thick needle all around you can fix the mesh with a couple of zip ties and shorten them to the max after tightening them. For a good result insert the zip ties in a way, that the fasteners are not facing inside the wheel arch and use black ones. Then you will achieve a very accurate and good looking result that looks like it is meant that way from the beginning. Correct fit shouldn’t be an issue as it is a copy of a converted pair of oem fenders. It is all about the work of your paintshop as the part is a gfk-part and needs to be accurately sanded and filled before painting. That why painting these is probably not so cheap. But at least the part is not expensive. At 377€ + tax per piece they are cheaper than oem fenders!
Best regards
Alex

·
Registered
283 Posts
Regarding the design of the center outlet on the front hood you should know that it was purposely made for the racecar with no compromise regarding street cars or a discreet design. If so, we probably would have chosen something like on the QV prototype. It will probably be easier to understand it if you see the whole look of the racecar and also the street car when we are hopefully are able to present it by the end of the year / beginning of next year. Right now we are still very busy developing and testing parts to finish these projects. I might tell about this in a different thread if I have a little more time…

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
I don’t think I made pictures from the inside of these style but it will be the same like on the racing vents. I will search for some pictures and add them later…We usually use two meshes. One directly glued from behind at the part itself and the second covering the hole inside the inner wheel arch itself that is made from a synthetic felt or so. The accurate look depends on your own work. If you cut in an accurate hole and make small holes with a thick needle all around you can fix the mesh with a couple of zip ties and shorten them to the max after tightening them. For a good result insert the zip ties in a way, that the fasteners are not facing inside the wheel arch and use black ones. Then you will achieve a very accurate and good looking result that looks like it is meant that way from the beginning. Correct fit shouldn’t be an issue as it is a copy of a converted pair of oem fenders. It is all about the work of your paintshop as the part is a gfk-part and needs to be accurately sanded and filled before painting. That why painting these is probably not so cheap. But at least the part is not expensive. At 377€ + tax per piece they are cheaper than oem fenders!
Best regards
Alex
Thanks for that, Alex. The price is excellent. (y)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Where did the rock come from? Usually from on coming traffic I find, although I’m seeing lots of stones on the roads obviously from construction trucks, they are idiots driving full wagons with no sheet and too fast, morons ( and Boris says build build build, who for? People from other countries)

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Who knows i was enjoying a nice high speed ride in New Jersey and i just seen it hit the car , when i got home seen that ot went straight through .....miserable

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Who knows i was enjoying a nice high speed ride in New Jersey and i just seen it hit the car , when i got home seen that ot went straight through .....miserable

PPF doesn't stop very much damage, even small stones go through, what we need is someone to design in clear thick acrylic (?) some vacuum formed covers for the front end.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
Where did the rock come from? Usually from on coming traffic I find, although I’m seeing lots of stones on the roads obviously from construction trucks, they are idiots driving full wagons with no sheet and too fast, morons ( and Boris says build build build, who for? People from other countries)
Yep, from an oncoming truck on the Putty Road.
The chip on the bonnet of my 4C came from following an R8 too closely. My fault but the guy was in the left lane crawling past a cruiser bike and we were running out of dual lanes.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Yep, from an oncoming truck on the Putty Road.
The chip on the bonnet of my 4C came from following an R8 too closely. My fault but the guy was in the left lane crawling past a cruiser bike and we were running out of dual lanes.
I wince each time I pass a truck, the wind pressure and debris in it's wake and sometimes only a metre away on our roads

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,187 Posts
I’ve copped a few in the neck and on the knee over the years on my motorcycle as well. You remember those too.
That is why I can't understand why some motorcyclists insist on not wearing a helmet. I always use a full face helmet and am thankful I did....I can remember a couple of hits that would have been very painful or worse if I didn't have the helmet to ward off the rock.

·
Super Moderator
9,660 Posts
That is why I can't understand why some motorcyclists insist on not wearing a helmet. I always use a full face helmet and am thankful I did....I can remember a couple of hits that would have been very painful or worse if I didn't have the helmet to ward off the rock.
With visor down or cracked open just a little for some extra ventilation. There are some heavy duty bugs out there to avoid as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts