Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few outings I've taken have seen me fire up the 4C in near-freezing temps. Now, I know cold engine start-up means a sloppy, rich mixture, but I have, until this year, never fired up the beast in such temps. Sure, always got a bit of soot and spray in my home garage, but it rarely dipped below 60f / 15c in my private garage.

But this is just a few start ups in cold weather, and it's an all-out assault on the garage walls. Helps me find my parking spot though.

Not looking for solutions; nothing is wrong. Just chilling out with morning coffee and sharing meaningless crap... again.

:p

·
Registered
727 Posts
Most of my contributions on this forum are meaningless crap. At least you post up some photos to keep it interesting. Should post that pic in the electric car forums and see if you can cause a few heart attacks lol.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of my contributions on this forum are meaningless crap.
:unsure: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I should back up to a white Tesla and crank her over, and give it some revs when cold.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The last few outings I've taken have seen me fire up the 4C in near-freezing temps. Now, I know cold engine start-up means a sloppy, rich mixture, but I have, until this year, never fired up the beast in such temps. Sure, always got a bit of soot and spray in my home garage, but it rarely dipped below 60f / 15c in my private garage.

But this is just a few start ups in cold weather, and it's an all-out assault on the garage walls. Helps me find my parking spot though.

Not looking for solutions; nothing is wrong. Just chilling out with morning coffee and sharing meaningless crap... again.

View attachment 111655
View attachment 111654

:p:p:p:p:p
images2.persgroep.net.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts

View attachment 111655
View attachment 111654
Whoa! What are you feeding it? I have some residue upon cold start-up but nothing like that. Me thinks a colonoscopy may be in order.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oil is clean. Engine fine. 17,500 miles so must be good amount of carbon in exhaust that gets dissolved by the sloppy rich exhaust. But the white paint on the garage wall sure makes it look extra interesting.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts

No such thing as a meaningless crap. Don’t crap. Become constipated. Full of shit. Display traits of a BMW owner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts