Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Their usual rubbish.. We want an Alfa V6 and we dont like paddle shifts..

Oh and the quality is not as good as a german rival .. The end..

No surprises in what they wrote.

One thing. The engine feeling up tight.. Yes.. mmm wonder why.. Maybe because its a brand new car you idiots

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The review doesn't surprise me seeing its from TG, a show where manual gearboxes are King and more power rules over everything else. Still nice to finally read a review though :)

To be honest, I have rose-coloured glasses on and nothing anyone says/writes could dissuade me from getting one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Daughter had a MiTo with twin clutch, and it did take some getting used to. I found it a very good gearbox, but found that depending what mode you were in, you could influence it nicely by using throttle and brake input, bit clunky the first few times I drove it, much better one you learnt how to goad it into action.

The blinkered "would be better with a V6 and a stick" is just the sort of crap to be expected of TG though

Will be more concerned if Monkey comes up lukewarm

·
Registered
446 Posts
I honestly couldn't care less about what all of them say. We are the ones who have to enjoy our car not them!
I doubt that any of us are racing drivers....so we would lose anyway a lot of the "bad things" they find in a car.

I have a California and quite a few journalists have bashed it in the past few years for various reasons.... I love mine, use it to go to work, track it 3-4 times a year and have a blast! Are there better cars out there on track, obviously yes...but I still have lots of fun with mine!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course it is important that the car works for those who bought it, but the dutch rwporter also said the gearbox sometimes lose track with downshifting and if it is true i would be a pitty. But the main thing is that we get our cars so we can drive it ourselfs and see how that is.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Perreby said:
Their usual rubbish.. We want an Alfa V6 and we dont like paddle shifts..

Oh and the quality is not as good as a german rival .. The end..

No surprises in what they wrote.

One thing. The engine feeling up tight.. Yes.. mmm wonder why.. Maybe because its a brand new car you idiots
They wrote very highly of Porsche's PDK (which I tested again yesterday in a C2S and can't convince myself of). Also, this car amy have thousands of miles on it as a tester so it may not be a brand new car. They put 500 miles on it themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts