Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yep, I just sent that one to a couple forum members who keep an eye out for CF roof / Akra.

Anyhow congrats on the purchase. You have a very nice spec and they're getting harder and harder to find.

Reactions: opportun

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You have a very nice spec and they're getting harder and harder to find.
Yeah I’m very happy. The car has fewer than 2,000 miles and feels brand new. There’s still the protection plastic film on the speedometer screen.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
390 Posts
I like the Fans on black. I am using them for winter AS tires and have a set of 17/18 wheels with 200tw tires for track/summer. @Philster has used General G-max for cooler weather, and I am using the AS version for winter in NJ. The Pirellis like heat into them to work. Will be interesting to hear about your cold weather track day.

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
1,181 Posts
I’ll keep an eye but so far I’ve only seen one White 4C on the road and it was a couple years ago on Avondale in Redmond!

Truth be told I didn’t consider a Yellow. I like to have cars matching colors with my clothes, and while I wear black, blue and red, I don’t wear that much yellow :)
Me at the last Cars & Coffee:
Sunglasses Human body Sleeve Happy Vision care

·
Registered
Ali Giallo Prototipo w/ red seats
260 Posts
Microphone Hand Arm Music Artist
Helmet Sleeve Gesture Yellow Sports gear

Ali G's got a Giallo Prototipo as well ?? ❗
by the way there is a nice GP spider at Wilmington Maserati w/ 3K miles right now. It's way more impressive in person than in pictures.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
OK folks I’m a week into my 4C experience.

I still can’t believe my eyes when I enter my garage and see the car. Sorry Spider folks, but one my favorite part of the Coupe is the back window and the curves at the back of the car.

The “new car apprehension” has started to fade. I’m not confident yet but at least I’m prudent, and I enjoy myself more and more.

One thing that still strikes is how small and low it is, which you don’t get a great sense of when you’re just looking at pictures of the car by itself.

In comparison I got back into my bimmer to run an errand and it felt back I was driving an SUV. But it was also a good opportunity to appreciate the BMW for what it is. Also fast, but a lot more poised.

Small annoyance: there’s a strong rattling noise when driving that goes away if I bring the left window just half a centimeter down from its top position. I’m going to have to investigate this.

Small unexpected surprise: the foot rest is the best foot rest I’ve used. That sounds silly I know, but seriously, it’s just working great for me. And I love the pedal box.

I’ve ordered a front plate holder and some CF extenders for the paddles from Alfa9 Supplies. I don’t have other plans for mods at the moment.

Sunday, I’m taking it to the track! I’m excited!

·
Administrator
17,945 Posts
Congrats.

If you aren’t used to mid engine dynamics, then take it easy on your first few track sessions.
In this colder weather, you’re bound to get a lot of understeer from the P-Zeros. Which is fine, but the short wheelbase means that weight transfers quickly so a sharp lift mid-corner could turn mild understeer into un-saveable oversteer in an instant.
That car is too pretty to hurt. Or to have to wet vac the seats!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Definitely planning on taking it easy, I booked an hour of instructor time to watch over me to start the afternoon.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
OK folks I’m a week into my 4C experience.

... Sorry Spider folks, but one my favorite part of the Coupe is the back window and the curves at the back of the car.
No need to be sorry :unsure:
I happen to love the "shoulder blade" lines of the Spider/Targa.
This is one of the few cars in history where they made the coupe and spider properly....oh...and Alessandro Maccolini actually prefers the Spider OPPPPPPSSS :LOL:

Enjoy, Coupes = GORGEOUS!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I’m happy to report both the car and I survived our first track day, and if anything passed with flying colors as we both received plenty of compliments.

I started the afternoon taking it really easy, staying in Dynamic for one session. Then my instructor joined aboard for the next session and he started pushing me a bit. Throughout the session we worked a lot on trail braking. Both the car and I did pretty well as in the end we managed to keep up with several more experienced drivers in Caymans. Pretty cool to see them pull away on the straight and catching them back in the bends. At the end of the session I was basically exhausted, my heart worked more than the car I feel. My Apple Watch thought I was working out anyway.

That being said I felt the car was very approachable an easy to enjoy. I only had one moment when coming out of an hairpin a driver signaled me to pass and I was a big too eager on throttle, turbo went woosh and I felt the backend getting loose, but the electronics (and me?) caught it.

Very happy with how the instructor helped me push. Next time I’ll book some more time to keep on improving.

That was a long 45min drive home!

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
961 Posts
Which track did you run?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts