Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years and 15,000 km I sold my Gina at the end of April 2019. We had a great and exciting time. And even after these 2 years I got 2K € more, as I paid then as a purchase price.
Despite upgrading to the KW coilover suspension, I was in the end not satisfied with the driving stability at speeds over 200 km / h. The vehicle was just too nervous and gave a very unsafe feel at these high speeds. The 4C is perfect for country roads. But in Germany, I sometimes drive on highways when I'm on the weekend.
After 2 years 4C I wanted a vehicle with V8, more power and more sovereignty and driving stability.

So I sold my little Italian Diva Gina and bought Bertha, the German bad ass ;)
Mercedes AMG GT S (2018) with only 8,000 km on the clock. No accident no damage. First hand was AMG.

Enjoy the photos. And I would like to thank you all. It was really a pleasure to be for 2 years a small part of the best 4C Forum in the world.

Best wishes,
Alex from Frankfurt, Germany

More photos on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sdz_77/

·
Super Moderator
14,078 Posts
After 2 years and 15,000 km I sold my Gina at the end of April 2019. We had a great and exciting time. And even after these 2 years I got 2K € more, as I paid then as a purchase price.
Despite upgrading to the KW coilover suspension, I was in the end not satisfied with the driving stability at speeds over 200 km / h. The vehicle was just too nervous and gave a very unsafe feel at these high speeds. The 4C is perfect for country roads. But in Germany, I sometimes drive on highways when I'm on the weekend.
After 2 years 4C I wanted a vehicle with V8, more power and more sovereignty and driving stability.

Mercedes AMG GT S (2018) with only 8,000 km on the clock. No accident no damage. First hand was AMG.

Enjoy the photos. And I would like to thank you all. It was really a pleasure to be for 2 years a small part of the best 4C Forum in the world.

Best wishes,
Alex from Frankfurt, Germany

More photos on my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sdz_77/
View attachment 100795 View attachment 100796 View attachment 100797 View attachment 100798 View attachment 100799 View attachment 100800 View attachment 100801 View attachment 100803 View attachment 100804
Lovely photos. Congratuations and thanks for all of your contributions here.
Enjoy the new ride (very nice choice), but if you feel the need to stop by here, please know you're always welcome!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I’ll just hold my tongue and say you didn’t try hard enough. Congrats on the limo. Seriously, I’m sure it’ll be a blast (fun) on the Autobahn. Thanks for your contributions.
I agree. Tires, alignment and spacers all make the car incredibly stable.
Going up from 205 to 215 in the front and from 235 to 245 in the rear makes a gigantic difference.
That aside
I do dig the new ride SDZ. That engine is soooooo awesome

·
Registered
631 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Change is good sometimes. You only live once. Plenty of cool cars out there to experience. Stay safe on the autobahn.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your Feedback. And yes, I missing my little bad ass Diva

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
@SdZ - Beautiful new car. For a fast, comfortable, GT type car, the AMG is very nice. I just looked at a GT-R in the dealer showroom in the Green Hell Color.... Lovely! Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@goldmax: What is PPF?

@dbell: you are right. I need double for the fuel :eek:
20 Liters for 100/km. So I need 120 € to refill the complete fuel tank (75 Liter). But we are talking about a V8 4.0 Liter Biturbo with 522 HP. And the car weight is 1.650 kg. 700 kg more compare to my 4C

@didipot: "normal" AMGs are primary performance cars and only good for the straight line. But the GT Series are special build from AMG. We are talkting about a real sportscar.
Front-mid engine. Weight distribution (front 47%, rear 53%). The engine is installed extremely deep. The whole suspension and the frame. We are not talking about a converted C class. The GT is a completely independently designed by AMG sports car.
And believe me, the vehicle is not only very fast on the straight. It eats country roads and is very manoeuvrable.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well, the steering of the 4C is just to direct for +250km/ph. I agree. I did 288km/ph one time, but it's not really comfortable.
Other then that, I would not want to miss the direct steering. I drive a C Coupe as daily, just because I want to enjoy the 4C directness in the weekend.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Definitely do the hood , kucjy for tou the nose is mostly grill , but you should definitely protect it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
797 Posts
@dbell: you are right. I need double for the fuel :eek:
20 Liters for 100/km. So I need 120 € to refill the complete fuel tank (75 Liter). But we are talking about a V8 4.0 Liter Biturbo with 522 HP. And the car weight is 1.650 kg. 700 kg more compare to my 4C
So with a 290bhp Tune, a 4C is equally fast, but has 700kg of weight less under braking. I'd love to see those two on a track!!

@didipot: "normal" AMGs are primary performance cars and only good for the straight line. But the GT Series are special build from AMG. We are talkting about a real sportscar.
Front-mid engine. Weight distribution (front 47%, rear 53%). The engine is installed extremely deep. The whole suspension and the frame. We are not talking about a converted C class. The GT is a completely independently designed by AMG sports car.
And believe me, the vehicle is not only very fast on the straight. It eats country roads and is very manoeuvrable.
I do not like how mainstream brands compare to sportscar brands, but AMGs are definitely sportscars.
Look at what they achieved on the Nurburgring with the GT-R. But than again a GT-R is no longer a GT...

·
Registered
425 Posts

Mercedes AMG GT S (2018) with only 8,000 km on the clock. No accident no damage. First hand was AMG
I also really like the AMG GT.

Now that you've had a chance to enjoy the new car, how is the driving experience compared with the 4C? How does the grip, handling, steering, braking and ride comfort compare? I presume that even with more than 500bhp it doesn't feel as scary and nervous as the Alfa?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts