Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Loved it today in NY , drove the 4C into work and guilia qv yesterday .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
Glad the climate topic is over considering the smog rating that each of our cars has. When I'm in the Smart car (full electric) I sarcastically make fun of the dinosaur juice, smog producing, gas guzzlers (based on being 'smuggy' from southpark). When in the 4C or the MB, well those completely offset the Smart.

Snippet from top of my window sticker (top right directly under the $750).

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
Glad the climate topic is over considering the smog rating that each of our cars has. When I'm in the Smart car (full electric) I sarcastically make fun of the dinosaur juice, smog producing, gas guzzlers (based on being 'smuggy' from southpark). When in the 4C or the MB, well those completely offset the Smart.

Snippet from top of my window sticker (top right directly under the $750).
View attachment 104258
I dunno, I was just warming up. ;) 👹 haha. Out of interest do you have the sticker for your Smart to use as a comparison? They were sold here but quite expensive as I remember.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I dunno, I was just warming up. ;) 👹 haha. Out of interest do you have the sticker for your Smart to use as a comparison? They were sold here but quite expensive as I remember.
Not too bad here. This one had virtually all options. You negotiate price with the dealership for purchase, then there is a 7,500 tax credit (US govt level), a state (PA) refund of 1,500 and our electric company (PECO) gives a 50 credit for registering an electric vehicle. We moved our USA headquarters to roughly 4 miles from the house, was cheaper to buy the smart than replace the engine in my GLS550 (daily driver) due to such short trips.

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
Clint easteood is the best , a national treasure

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Agree. More than a star. A great director with interesting stories to tell. Gran Torino and Letters from Iwojima were standouts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There are a lot of people in this wonderful world who don't agree or like Trump or Boris Johnson or so and so,or the mug we have in Australia.
Trump is in the process of being impeached and in climate change demonstrations in OZ people are calling for Morrison to resign.
It's called freedom of speech and you Lars if a policeman let's hope you don't turn up in OZ with your abusive comments.
I noted that over 80 American firefighters arrived in OZ to help fight the fires and were wholeheartedly applauded by members of the public at the airport.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
When (if) get done dealing with the office work that I brought home this weekend (because I ran out of week before running out of inbox), I will split this sidebar into a new thread.

But I do think that it is a discussion that is important, and is relevant to us all. But in its own thread in the off-topic section, it can be frequented by those who wish to discuss it rather than being in everyone’s face.
Did someone start such a thread yet? I can't find any and don't want to double up.
I can start one so we don't pollute (or raise CO2 ahem) other threads?
I'm not out on a mission on it but I did read into the subject.

·
Super Moderator
3,458 Posts
Had requests to start a Forum post ONLY for this topic as it was in another topic that was side tracked and got heated discussions and some less than friendly comments. PLEASE keep it friendly and on topic.....NO POLITICAL name calling.
While not directly ALFA 4C specific, many of our members have a strong interest in this subject. And it certainly is a subject we all need to be concerned with.
If this gets out of hand the Staff can kill it so use restraint.

·
Super Moderator
3,458 Posts
I started this topic so will post the first item. While not specifically global warming.....it does deal with the 4C contribution to global warming and government mandated smog testing.
Here in Michigan we don't have mandatory smog checks like when I lived in California prior to 2004. Wondering how California owners do with smog checks....cars pass easily or close?
Also for owners with 4C and other cars.....how do test results compare for cars of similar manufactured year and engine size. I suggest posting some test results if you can (with VIN, etc, removed).

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
I’ve copied below one of my pieces from that other thread that was mentioned. I invite all who claim an interest in the topic or might like to inform their opinion with an Australian perspective to click on the link provided which will lead you to a very reliable site for information on climate change which includes other links to peer reviewed papers on the subject from international sources.

There seems to be the idea in some people’s minds that Climate Change for some reason is a political idea. It’s also not a religious belief. The last people I believe when reading about climate change are politicians and those who equate it to a religious argument. For me the evidence, as demonstrated by independent experts on the subject I have read, indicate we are trending towards a problem and the problem seems be arriving sooner than many have expected. Please read at least some of the CSIRO (Commonwealth Science and Industrial Research Organisation) website I posted a link to. It includes peer reviewed papers too. It is a scientific organisation of the highest standard here and is apolitical. Again, here‘s the link....
Where can I find more information about climate change?
I’ve supplied sources, now it’s up to individuals to read them and then judge with an open mind.

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
About your smog tests, we are about 10 years behind Europe and the US with our fuel quality so not much chance in the immediate future of seeing widespread emission checks here Downunder.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
In the 60's there was the panic about the Oil Reserves being depleted in 10 years
in the 70s there was panic about there being another Ice Age in 10 years
in the 80's Acid rain was supposed to destroy all the crops in 10 years
In the 90s the Ozone layer was supposed to be destroyed in 10 years
In the 2000's the Ice Caps were supposed to melt in guess how many years, O yea, it was 10 again

None of the above happened
So now, it is no longer called Global Warming or Global Freezing, it's called Climate change.
:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
5,305 Posts
Hey guys, the ozone layer was saved by quick action, banning all CFCs immediately on discovery of the source of the problem. It deteriorated further for about 15 years but is in the process of repairing itself. It was a seriously close thing and not to be scoffed at, especially as the ozone hole opened up further over Australia. Skin cancer is a seriously widespread thing down here. As I said, informed opinion matters. I’ve provided some sources, give it a read.
As for some comments above, what sources do you guys get your info from to develop an informed opinion? I’d love to read the counter arguments. Glaciers disappearing in NZ should start you thinking. Ice sheets receding. It’s happening.
Acid rain was/ is a thing. That’s why most of you have reduced Sulfur content in your fuel these days compared to thirty years ago....I did say most. We’re dragging the chain considerably. Science has been applied to clean things up. It didn’t clean up by itself.
The trouble is now people are ignoring the science.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I don't work from the premise that life is beautiful.

99.9% of all life is misery. It's a sick, sad and incomprehensible nightmare for almost every creature that spent time, is spending time, or will spend time on this oddly-placed rock.

Something like .0000000000000001% of life has been enjoyed. The rest? A sick, awful experiment. Pain and suffering none of us can imagine.

Green, blue, red, yellow, violet and the other 'colors of nature' are things that only humans care about -- our ''big blue marble?'' Yeah, it's a signpost in the universe that reads "sick fucking experiment here' --- It's a human-centric view to give a rat's ass about every tenth of a degree and what it means for 'life'. Nature and evolution don't have a conscious or a plan. If this rock becomes a boiling cauldron of only elite bacteria, then so be it.

I don't care if the earth reverts back to a lifeless rock. I don't. Lifeless = no suffering.

How elitist are we that we want trillions of creatures to suffer in all of perpetuity so that some infinitesimally small group of creatures can jerk off to tides and rainbows?

And science might be right in ways about climate change, but politicians weaponize it. No one ever got successful believing that politicians were benevolent. They are sick, strange, unethical and every other disgusting trait that allows them to be 'successful'. They are sick fucks.

The worst thing you can do for the earth (from the selfish human-centric view) is be a politician, a celebrity, a sports star, etc. They can all fuck the hell off.

#peace

·
Registered
68 Posts
The trouble is now people are ignoring the science.
Because most people live in an echo chamber and only listen to what they want to hear. Whether it's the anti-vaxxers, chem-trailers, flat-earthers, or climate change deniers its much easier to read a news article title from their favorite biased source and call it truth without reading the research.

Or simplify the issue by saying "global warming isn't happening because it snowed today."

41 - 60 of 134 Posts