Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Vendor
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow alfistas. As some of you already know, we have beeen developing and testing our big brake kit for the past 6 months and so here we are. From an idea to the realization. ?

We are proud and happy to be able to offer the most complete and carefully engineered big brake kit for our beloved Alfa romeo 4C, designed for performance driving.

GMS big brake kit improves the braking power due to the bigger diameter disc, requiring less pedal force for the same amount of torque applied to the wheels, meaning less heat and better modulation. Discs are straight grooved, providing extreme de-dusting capabilities and not prone to cracking unlike drilled discs. Discs inner venting vanes are directional, providing even further heat reduction. Discs are fully floating, which means that the discs are not directly connected with the disc bells, instead they slide within the bobbin brackets, making them capable of withstanding extreme temperatures without getting warped. Discs are also replaceable separately, saving the costs of future maintenance. Front and rear disc sizes are carefully sized to transfer brake bias from a very conservative 64/36 to a bit more rearward biased, performance orientated spec, making the car more agile and controllable during the braking. Discs sizes are 330 x 28mm front and 320 x 22mm rear, which means you can still fit 17'' wheels.

We also didn't forget about the weight. GMS big brake kit offers significant improvement over stock brakes system, yet it weighs about the same as stock, while rear discs being even lighter than the stock discs.

And with these brakes we have been finally able to drive as long as we wanted on a very tight and heavy on brakes track. Nice feeling having a brake system capable more than driver is.

So, what you think guys and girls?

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Very Nice Gale!!! Did you ever measure rotor temperature differences between the new and OEM? I got about a 100C drop when moving from OEM to GiroDiscs which are the same size. Curious the impact on temperature with the increased size.

Love the fully floating design, are they AP Racing Discs or someone else? It would save us a fortune on shipping internationally if we could get the Discs locally.

Reactions: GMS

·
Vendor
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very Nice Gale!!! Did you ever measure rotor temperature differences between the new and OEM? I got about a 100C drop when moving from OEM to GiroDiscs which are the same size. Curious the impact on temperature with the increased size.

Love the fully floating design, are they AP Racing Discs or someone else? It would save us a fortune on shipping internationally if we could get the Discs locally.
Thank you.

I haven't been measuring the temps honestly. I can only tell that you can run far more consequet laps without fading or warping the discs. Yesterdays autoX event I did stints of 15+ laps and the discs were glowing red and brake pads started to fade and on the way home on the highway braking, not even a minor sign of warping or vibrations.

The discs are made in EU, not Chinese. it is a reputable company, but I'd prefer to keep some business privacy and not specify exactly the manufacturer of the discs. All the other parts are done and assembled in-house.

Regarding the posting costs. I have no problem with shipments within EU, but USA is impossible to get any decent rates from my country. I'm constantly looking for better options, but so far no success.

·
Super Moderator
6,814 Posts
And your price please Rudi or a link to your site. I take it bits can be bought individually or as individual sets. For example, I already have braided lines so would only need discs and calliper mounts. Great effort. Thanks for this.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The discs are made in EU, not Chinese. it is a reputable company, but I'd prefer to keep some business privacy and not specify exactly the manufacturer of the discs. All the other parts are done and assembled in-house.
No worries, I understand the need for business confidentiality. I was just thinking long term availability and shipping cost for us poor bums in the US.

I agree with getting some breakout options, as many of us already have braided hoses.

Reactions: GMS

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
No shortcut guys. The braided hoses are custom made and extra long, to fit perfectly with increased disc size. Standard stock or standard aftermarket braided hoses are too short.
Ahhhh... I guess a head slap is required given they are an extra 20 - 30mm larger in diameter or so.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Can you please provide the exact part number of the giro disc?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello fellow alfistas. As some of you already know, we have beeen developing and testing our big brake kit for the past 6 months and so here we are. From an idea to the realization. ?

We are proud and happy to be able to offer the most complete and carefully engineered big brake kit for our beloved Alfa romeo 4C, designed for performance driving.

GMS big brake kit improves the braking power due to the bigger diameter disc, requiring less pedal force for the same amount of torque applied to the wheels, meaning less heat and better modulation. Discs are straight grooved, providing extreme de-dusting capabilities and not prone to cracking unlike drilled discs. Discs inner venting vanes are directional, providing even further heat reduction. Discs are fully floating, which means that the discs are not directly connected with the disc bells, instead they slide within the bobbin brackets, making them capable of withstanding extreme temperatures without getting warped. Discs are also replaceable separately, saving the costs of future maintenance. Front and rear disc sizes are carefully sized to transfer brake bias from a very conservative 64/36 to a bit more rearward biased, performance orientated spec, making the car more agile and controllable during the braking. Discs sizes are 330 x 28mm front and 320 x 22mm rear, which means you can still fit 17'' wheels.

We also didn't forget about the weight. GMS big brake kit offers significant improvement over stock brakes system, yet it weighs about the same as stock, while rear discs being even lighter than the stock discs.

And with these brakes we have been finally able to drive as long as we wanted on a very tight and heavy on brakes track. Nice feeling having a brake system capable more than driver is.

So, what you think guys and girls?

:)
Looks great, but I assume it won‘t be possible to get them street legal in Germany without any documents.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Can you post the weight of the rear disks (including the bell)?
And if some will desire to upgrade only the rear end?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
For slotted rotors, does it matter which direction they are?

Because the ones pictured above are in the opposite direction from how the Ultradisk and Tarox rotors are installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For slotted rotors, does it matter which direction they are?

Because the ones pictured above are in the opposite direction from how the Ultradisk and Tarox rotors are installed.

Good catch.

The direction of the grooves or slots doesn't matter. It is the direction of the cooling vanes that is important. Rotors with directional vanes are to be installed so that at the top edge of the rotor, the vanes sweep toward the back of the car.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Good catch.

The direction of the grooves or slots doesn't matter. It is the direction of the cooling vanes that is important. Rotors with directional vanes are to be installed so that at the top edge of the rotor, the vanes sweep toward the back of the car.
Good information. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts