Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Vendor
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Tow hook:
Anodized alu ring with 6x rivets is included for those who decide to have an opening for tow hook, but the alu mesh itself is not precut. So if you decide to keep a "clean" look, you install the mesh and you're good to go. If you decide to have a tow hook opening, then you install the mesh first, then from the front side place the alu anodized tow hook ring so it fits perfectly with the hook, rivet it to the mesh and then clip the inner of the mesh with pliers. It's not to difficult. Some people want it this way, other that way. This is solution for both worlds. Racers and stylers.

Brake ducts:
I had brake cooling duct that was designed to replace OEM brake rotor backplate already done, but there was no good way to route the cooling hose to it, due to lack of space and squishing of the cooling hoses during turning of the wheels, especially at high turn angles during parking maneuvers etc. The only solution is to have cooling ducts fixed on the bumper which would have to be modified (bumper must be cut outwards of the lower mesh - black part, as before that there is a crashbox and no room) and direct the airflow to the brake rotors without running cooling hose to the rotors. Not as effective as the initial intention but there is no other way. Also the cut will be needed in the front wheel linen.

Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
So could the solid plastic area of the side grills be replaced with mesh, making it one piece? Is the solid area of the side grill part of the front bumper or a separate piece?

Vendor
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
It's a part of a bumper. Bumper is entirely 1-piece. From my experience, not many fans of cutting OEM bumpers out there so we'll sort the cooling of the front brakes later when we'll have custom front bumper done. Until then we'll bake GMS BBK's. :D

Vendor
Discussion Starter #25
Front looks like this:
Alfa Romeo 4C - Front bumper aluminum mesh 7.jpg Alfa Romeo 4C - Front bumper aluminum mesh 9.jpg Alfa Romeo 4C - Front bumper aluminum mesh 10.jpg

I also made rear flank IC and air intake meshes and rear outlet meshes. Here is how it looks:
Alfa Romeo 4C - Rear flank alu mesh 1.jpg Alfa Romeo 4C - Rear flank alu mesh 3.jpg

Right now I'm working on front hood alu mesh for brake reservoir cover on the left side and washer fluid on the right side, so entire car will have same mesh pattern. This parts are a bit more complicated as they require a frame that is bolted to the front hood then, but we are not far off.
GMS - GALEMOTORSPORT - 4C PARTS EXAMPLE PICTURE.jpg

Here is how OEM parts look like:
flank mesh oem.jpg

As there are slight differences between body panels and bumpers from car to car, so also OEM parts are glued, we will stick with the same technique to keep the weight down and prevent fitment issues, so for those who will be ordering the parts please bare in mind that this is a job recommended to be carried out by professional bodyshop. it's not particular hard to DIY, but removing the bumpers, flanks, removing OEM meshes and then securing GMS meshes with adhesive is quite time consuming and handling with adhesive is a messy thing. GMS mesh is made of aluminum and easy to trim with small pliers. All the GMS parts are precut to fit but are not shaped, as the fitment, as mentioned, slightly varies from car to car, so making an universal shape that would exactly fit all the cars is impossible.

This mod is intended for those who want to save some weight (-1.3kg front bumper, -0.7kg rear bumper, - 0.2kg rear flank, -0.3kg front hood mesh set) or perhaps make a slight change in appearance.

Vendor
Discussion Starter #26
Things fit well on both - 4C Coupe and Spider. All the parts are pre-cut and aluminum black anodized.

I'm making a small batch of:
  • Front bumper alu mesh (1x center part, 2x side lower mesh, 2x side LE mesh, 1x tow hook ring with rivets)
  • Front hood alu mesh (1x left brake fluid cover, 1x right washer fluid cover)
  • Rear flank alu mesh (2x side intake mesh, 2x side outlet mesh)
Items will be available in about two weeks.

Registered
Front looks like this:
View attachment 113130 View attachment 113131 View attachment 113132

I also made rear flank IC and air intake meshes and rear outlet meshes. Here is how it looks:
View attachment 113133 View attachment 113135

Right now I'm working on front hood alu mesh for brake reservoir cover on the left side and washer fluid on the right side, so entire car will have same mesh pattern. This parts are a bit more complicated as they require a frame that is bolted to the front hood then, but we are not far off.
View attachment 113136

Here is how OEM parts look like:
View attachment 113137

As there are slight differences between body panels and bumpers from car to car, so also OEM parts are glued, we will stick with the same technique to keep the weight down and prevent fitment issues, so for those who will be ordering the parts please bare in mind that this is a job recommended to be carried out by professional bodyshop. it's not particular hard to DIY, but removing the bumpers, flanks, removing OEM meshes and then securing GMS meshes with adhesive is quite time consuming and handling with adhesive is a messy thing. GMS mesh is made of aluminum and easy to trim with small pliers. All the GMS parts are precut to fit but are not shaped, as the fitment, as mentioned, slightly varies from car to car, so making an universal shape that would exactly fit all the cars is impossible.

This mod is intended for those who want to save some weight (-1.3kg front bumper, -0.7kg rear bumper, - 0.2kg rear flank, -0.3kg front hood mesh set) or perhaps make a slight change in appearance.
Hi GMS, I am looking for ways to replace the front aluminium mesh. I figured you probably know how to remove these. Can you share the details of how to remove? Furthermore I might be interested in buying your aluminum meshes as a replacement. Are these black like the OEMs? Thanks for your response!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts