Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have one weekend now after getting the GMS front arms installed and wanted to provide some feedback:

1. HIGHLY recommend - probably one of the best things you can do on your list of mods to get Lotus-type steering feel in your 4C. I always found the front to be slightly mushy compared to my track Elise, still wonderful compared to "normal" sports cars but definitely not Lotus level. After this mod it's pretty close and they are comparable.
2. My 4C has the race steering blocks, rear control arms with uniballs, two way Bilsteins and 17/18's. Previously my 4C fronts felt like they were not fully planted under heavy load and even though I am running -2 degrees felt that they were tipped over the wrong way on the outside fronts in a corner. This is due to the car being lowered and the stock geometry being wrong for the ride height.
3. Now under heavy mid corner load the fronts feel fully planted, and I can easily understand what they are doing in relation to the rear of the car...was a bit hazy before what was going on. I am not pro driver by any means but very easy to feel the feedback. Also previously my 4C had heavy steering resistance that loaded progressively into the corner and did feel linear, but compared to other sports cars drivers have all mentioned the heavy steering. The amount of steering resistance is greatly reduced and the steering feel is closer to neutral, and loads up nicely when the car is at speed in corners as you would expect. It now feels like how a normal manual steering rack should feel, big improvement!
4. If you've already done all the usual stuff (steering blocks, coil overs, etc) this is a no brainer. Your rears might have uniballs but your fronts are still slightly mushy, this matches your car's balance and the car has actual steering feel now that is more direct. I love mostly the fact that I can tell easier what the fronts are doing on corner entry and mid corner, and then the transition on power to the rears on corner exit is very clear and the car communicates better. Thumbs up for a great product made with amazing levels of quality :)

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! This is one of the last modifications that I want to do on my car. (Oil cooler and reservoir the others) Can you give an idea on how the fitment went? Any installation issues?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback! This is one of the last modifications that I want to do on my car. (Oil cooler and reservoir the others) Can you give an idea on how the fitment went? Any installation issues?
My shop had zero issues, and made no changes to alignment or ride height to make sure I was making changes one thing at a time. Very high quality parts that look the business! GMS is also highly responsive in case you have any questions

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
What aftermarket shocks and rims do you have? The reason I'm asking is that we all know that the 4C has some variability in production and across the globe, so not all of the aftermarket stuff has fit due to those issues...

Reactions: kazkioken

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What aftermarket shocks and rims do you have? The reason I'm asking is that we all know that the 4C has some variability in production and across the globe, so not all of the aftermarket stuff has fit due to those issues...
Bilstein doubles, and 17/18 Braid wheels in custom offset (Matt @ Alfa9 has the specs)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts