Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
4C-Forums.com Vendor
816 Posts
This is a great upgrade, its essentially a turbo muffler delete. This reduces the amount of air turbulence upon exit of the turbo charger. These have existed in the VW market for quite sometime.

Well done! Something I had always wanted to make for this car.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
This is a great upgrade, its essentially a turbo muffler delete. This reduces the amount of air turbulence upon exit of the turbo charger. These have existed in the VW market for quite sometime.

Well done! Something I had always wanted to make for this car.
Is the purpose of the turbo muffler to quiet the turbo air noise down simular to the air cleaner sock to calm the intake noise?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Installed mine yesterday, I have access to a lift at a friends house. The process took just over 1 hour and this allowed for some "Cooling" time. After I looked at the Pictures provided by Rudi, I just followed his instructions. I also re used the gasket. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Slight change in sound to my ears. Hard to describe but seems to be more of a "woosh", thinking more Air Flow exiting the turbo. I actually like the new sound better and really like the "Turbo" sound, so an improvement IMO. Hope this Helps
I was already leaning towards getting one just to support Rudi for making parts for us, but this is a win win as I was hoping for more turbo noises with the removal of the resonators. I will go ahead an place my order. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I just finished installing the new pipe. It took about 2 hours to install. I installed the Eurocompulsion intermediate hose at the same time. It was slightly a pain to get the hose and new pipe aligned.

As @Call me Al and @Gale both noted broken pieces, I also had the broken support bracket. Although mutiple owners have had that piece broken, it was still very firmly attached and supporting the pipe. I see no reason to swap to Rudi"s design unless you track the car hard.

Great product as always Gale!

PS:. I haven't had a chance to drive, but I highly doubtful that I will hear more turbo noise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: GMS

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I just finished installing the new pipe. It took about 2 hours to install. I installed the Eurocompulsion intermediate hose at the same time. It was slightly a pain to get the hose and new pipe aligned.

As @Call me Al and @Gale both noted broken pieces, I also had the broken support bracket. Although mutiple owners have had that piece broken, it was still very firmly attached and supporting the pipe. I see no reason to swap to Rudi"s design unless you track the car hard.

Great product as always Gale!

PS:. I haven't had a chance to drive, but I highly doubtful that I will hear more turbo noise.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
You have the broken tab but your internal baffle is still in place and not loose or rattles

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
@ehagerty - Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, the tab was broken, but all internals looks just fine. It is why I make the recommendation that the pipe should only be replaced if you do heavy tracking. Plus I doubt that you will get much more turbo noise when using the stock air box. If owners want more turbo noise, buy the Eurocompulsion V2 Intake.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
@ehagerty - Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, the tab was broken, but all internals looks just fine. It is why I make the recommendation that the pipe should only be replaced if you do heavy tracking. Plus I doubt that you will get much more turbo noise when using the stock air box. If owners want more turbo noise, buy the Eurocompulsion V2 Intake.
Thanks for the clarification..... I would be looking for increased flow efficiency not noise. If I don't really need to replace it and gains are not enough then not wanting to go thru the trouble at the moment. But still eyeballing it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Just got to drive the car to work this morning. The route is a combination of stop lights and interstate. I don't hear much difference at highways speeds, but I DO hear a distinct whistle at near WOT when leaving a stop light. It isn't annoying to me, but it is sharp and distinct. It really does sound like someone whistling a set note/tone.

@ehagerty - To be honest, the changes in the flow efficiency are minimal at best. The OEM version is "smooth" on the inside, with a few slats cut into the side wall. This won't disturb the flow significantly. The slats in the OEM version are there to remove the whistle that I noted above. The slats work like a Helmholtz resonator that many users have installed on the exhaust to remove the drone.

·
Vendor
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
After 1 month of waiting we finally received another batch of OEM gaskets and steel ties. I hope those of you who have order the GMS turbo to IC pipe with gasket and steel tie included, have already solved this out on your own and in case if you didn't let me know and we'll dispatch them for you. (y)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts