Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I am aware that this look is a classic and has been done before however when searching i still did not find the best representation and took a leap of faith in doing so.

I can safely say that it's a winner :grin2::grin2::grin2::grin2:

I will let you be the judge

Test.jpg

30411632_1979346982380302_6460163152905502720_o.jpg

Document dwwdc.jpg

·
Registered
744 Posts
As the old fashion industry saying goes -- if you are wearing more than 3 different colours, then it's probably too many.

Black calipers, to tone it down a bit, might be a good move.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As the old fashion industry saying goes -- if you are wearing more than 3 different colours, then it's probably too many.

Black calipers, to tone it down a bit, might be a good move.
I'm working on the reflectors but can't do much for the callipers(block or red would work better i know :wink2:). This look is a bit too much for most i agree but the result when you see it with your eyes works.

I always wanted gold wheels on red and black roof.

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm working on the reflectors but can't do much for the callipers(block or red would work better i know :wink2:). This look is a bit too much for most i agree but the result when you see it with your eyes works.

I always wanted gold wheels on red and black roof.
Fair enough.

A good detailer should be able to repaint and re-decal the calipers to black, fairly easily, for about US$200-300.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Fair enough.

A good detailer should be able to repaint and re-decal the calipers to black, fairly easily, for about US$200-300.
They even have high temp vinyl and can wrap calipers. Cheaper than getting them repainted, and it's not permanent.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They even have high temp vinyl and can wrap calipers. Cheaper than getting them repainted, and it's not permanent.
Thanks a lot but The current setup is more of a temporary one as I'm changing the wheels soon. dunno if i'm staying gold or not but i so far i'm in love with them.

It's not for everyone for sure and it's even more "look at me" however i don't believe it's bling gold and whacky like the picture posted above.

·
Registered
874 Posts
coool love it. What color did you choose for the rims?
It's actually spray on vinyl from dipyourcar.com (vintage gold), mix with some brake dust :)

Held up wheel, track day heat, easy to clean with Brake Dust Pro

Now it's in storage since I got the new wheels. But they can be peeled out easily as well if the future

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am fan of the gold wheels on an Alfa or Ferrari GT car. Nostalgic. I would go for a touch darker tone with of gold, but there must be some reference codes for what Alfa and Ferrari used in the 60's and 70's.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Overall I like it, but after reviewing the comments and going back to the photos, I think the calipers in red or black would be a good improvement. I used to have gold wheels on a different car, and like that classic look. I was emulating the WRX color scheme here.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I like the gold wheels, I wish I had them on my car. Reminiscent of the 60's Ferrari sports race cars. I love that look.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts