Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted a couple of hours ago. The first review from someone who sat shotgun on the Goodwood hill climb:
Goodwood Review

·
Registered
17 Posts
My Goodwood Report.

Firstly a huge thanks to Alfa Romeo for the tickets, great parking and food on the stand by Jamie Oliver (or at least plenty of keen helpers, if not the man himself....). The day was well up to Goodwood standards although ran out of time on the hill. It's an amazing event.

We had a long chat with our Brand Manager - not an easy job when Alfa don't tell you much and as a company you have a very limited range to sell. I ordered one, two years ago after seeing the car at this event and then sat in one at Geneva in the spring. Delivery date is still mid December....

The Car. To be honest the standard version is a bit plain (disagreement expected)! The lines are smooth yet the LE extras really make that car something else; perhaps even a supercar (see Pistonheads debate last week). The same in action on the hill - it needs that sports exhaust to sound the car it is, or is trying to be....?
Finish looks good and at 6/3 I'm very comfortable with my head well supported on the back of the seat. The hifi I've been told is all singing, with built in Bluetooth; it is a parrot after all. No brake vent ducts in the wings on the standard model, LE only, it's a very nice touch.
We are all awaiting two things - a proper test drive by a respected motoring journalist and the price of the standard model. It seems that the base model plus extras to spec it up to LE form will be over £52K. Alfa say they could have sold the 60 (orders split 50/50 red/white) UK LE models three times over and must now realise how to balance limited supply against demand using price......but it will be worth it! Standard list price due soon - that's Italian soon...

Roll on delivery day and that visit to Italy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts