Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My 4c gets more attention than my 458 did. Everywhere I take it people come up and ask me about it.

Someone asked me yesterday what it was. I said an Alfa Romeo. She said "gosh, do they still make those? I haven't seen one in a long time."

I showed it to one of the Valet's in my building who hadn't seen it before. I opened the door and his jaw dropped at the exposed CF tub. We spent 10 minutes talking about the car and I had to stop him or we would have been there all day.

The 4c has done exactly what Alfa wanted -- get them a lot of attention and admiration with the public and press.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I've never owned a Ferrari or Lamborghini but I have this impression that the attention the Alfa attracts is a lot more favourable/friendly than the attention those cars would. Would love to hear some first hand experiences on this.

·
Registered
840 Posts
wow, so I'm driving a car that's a "guy magnet" ??? and a top speed of 237mph!?!?!? wow again. But it's a fun article and nice to see more than the typical, it doesn't have seat memory, heated steering wheel, etc.

Top it off the woman writing the article is FINE and I've no probs with it.

·
Super Moderator
15,343 Posts
She's right on one point - shifting in heels has never been an issue for me!
:grin2:

This part is soooo true:
This may seem funny, but the whole time I was driving the Alfa I felt I was living the dream, I felt a little Italian, very confident and very rich. When I returned the car I started to imagine how Cinderella must have felt when her coach turned back in to a pumpkin. The exact next day driving down the same road, no one gave me a second look, beeped their horn or wanted a photo with me. Unlike Cinderella, no prince charming will search to find the auto journalist who lost their Alfa Romeo. That’s Okay; I experienced more than most, I had 48 hours of driving (the 4C)

·
Registered
840 Posts
ha! She had it 48 blissful hours, not long enough to get transmission, esc, check engine lights......................... etc.
:)

She's right on one point - shifting in heels has never been an issue for me!
:grin2:

This part is soooo true:
This may seem funny, but the whole time I was driving the Alfa I felt I was living the dream, I felt a little Italian, very confident and very rich. When I returned the car I started to imagine how Cinderella must have felt when her coach turned back in to a pumpkin. The exact next day driving down the same road, no one gave me a second look, beeped their horn or wanted a photo with me. Unlike Cinderella, no prince charming will search to find the auto journalist who lost their Alfa Romeo. That’s Okay; I experienced more than most, I had 48 hours of driving (the 4C)

·
Registered
840 Posts
yep, but you have to be really old to know the meaning of that slang! As in "she's a round-heeled wench" :)
I'm not so sure that having a "round heels" license plate is a good idea for a woman.
:wink2:

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
So that's why my transmission is mad at me, I remove my red heels before driving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts