Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I haven't posted in a while since I haven't been with my 4C and wanted to see how things were going on the forum and catch up on 4C info. Life has been crazy the last several months and I haven't had time to post updates on things. I graduated from the Naval Postgraduate School in late September and got orders to be stationed in Naples, Italy. I was excited to bring my Alfa to the mother country, but everyone who had been stationed out here said the driving was crazy and that it wouldn't be a good spot for the 4C. They were right! Driving here is bonkers, streets are super narrow, a lot of cobblestone roads, overall not great conditions for a 4C.

I still wanted to keep it though, so my family agreed to take care of it for me at their home in Texas. I was going to ship it out there from California, but decided to make things more fun, so I road tripped it from Monterey, California to Ft Worth, Texas! It was an amazing experience and I loved it on the road trip. It obviously wasn't the most comfortable road trip I've been on, but it was certainly the most fun, and was an awesome way to see the American Southwest. To anyone thinking about taking your 4C on a long road trip, go for it! Just pack light, lol. Also, I've done the trip from California to Texas a few times in other cars, and I did notice it made me much more tired from driving than those other cars, so be prepared for that. I ended up making it a three day trip instead of the usual two, because I got tired a lot quicker than I was used to. Something I should have known, but didn't really think about. Still an incredible experience and a very stylish way to travel. Now, I miss the 4C though. At least my dad's getting to enjoy it! Lol

When I got out here to Italy I knew I wanted to get another Alfa, especially since Alfa's 110th Anniversary is this year. I wanted to drive up to the celebration event in Milan in an Alfa. I figured that'd be kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. It is still scheduled for June, but we will see if that will still happen. It's all dependent on how long the lockdown lasts here. The priority of course is making sure we get through as best as possible, and fortunately it looks like things are beginning to get under control here, and that the lockdown has helped reduce new cases. I'm still planning on going in June until I get word that it's cancelled or rescheduled. Hopefully it'll still happen on time.

On a happier note, I got my Alfa fix with a 2006 Brera V6 3.2L. It is fun, and IMO very beautiful, but it's definitely no 4C. I wanted to get something that I couldn't experience back in the US, and also something that could withstand the driving conditions here in Naples. The Brera definitely fits the bill. I attached some pics below. The only downside is that it's too new to bring back with me to the US. Maybe I'll pick up something else before I leave that's over 25 years old so I can import it back.

Anyways, I've had some time on my hands since I'm in lockdown in my house and wanted to say hi to everyone and fill ya'll in on why I've been gone so long. I'll be more active on here as I love the fun topics and all the knowledge I gain from this great community of enthusiasts!

Ciao

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,467 Posts
Welcome back.

Glad to hear you!re alright. Please stay that way!

Thanks for catching us up on the goings on in your life. Nice addition to the Alfa family, too.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
30 Posts
Hi. I am new to the 4C family and certainly appreciate you’re missing your car. I barely got 4 drives in before our lockdown started here in Los Angeles. Now all I can do is look at it in the garage and plan our future outings. Thanks for your update on life in Italy. My family is from the Milan area and it is nice to hear that you feel things are turning around. And congratulations on the Brera. They are really beautiful and I have always wished we could experience them here in the USA. Be well and thanks again for the update. It is nice to meet you, even if only virtually. Here’s hoping you can send an update from the Alfa celebration in June!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,970 Posts
Hi all,

So I haven't posted in a while since I haven't been with my 4C and wanted to see how things were going on the forum and catch up on 4C info. Life has been crazy the last several months and I haven't had time to post updates on things. I graduated from the Naval Postgraduate School in late September and got orders to be stationed in Naples, Italy. I was excited to bring my Alfa to the mother country, but everyone who had been stationed out here said the driving was crazy and that it wouldn't be a good spot for the 4C. They were right! Driving here is bonkers, streets are super narrow, a lot of cobblestone roads, overall not great conditions for a 4C.

I still wanted to keep it though, so my family agreed to take care of it for me at their home in Texas. I was going to ship it out there from California, but decided to make things more fun, so I road tripped it from Monterey, California to Ft Worth, Texas! It was an amazing experience and I loved it on the road trip. It obviously wasn't the most comfortable road trip I've been on, but it was certainly the most fun, and was an awesome way to see the American Southwest. To anyone thinking about taking your 4C on a long road trip, go for it! Just pack light, lol. Also, I've done the trip from California to Texas a few times in other cars, and I did notice it made me much more tired from driving than those other cars, so be prepared for that. I ended up making it a three day trip instead of the usual two, because I got tired a lot quicker than I was used to. Something I should have known, but didn't really think about. Still an incredible experience and a very stylish way to travel. Now, I miss the 4C though. At least my dad's getting to enjoy it! Lol

When I got out here to Italy I knew I wanted to get another Alfa, especially since Alfa's 110th Anniversary is this year. I wanted to drive up to the celebration event in Milan in an Alfa. I figured that'd be kind of a once in a lifetime opportunity for me. It is still scheduled for June, but we will see if that will still happen. It's all dependent on how long the lockdown lasts here. The priority of course is making sure we get through as best as possible, and fortunately it looks like things are beginning to get under control here, and that the lockdown has helped reduce new cases. I'm still planning on going in June until I get word that it's cancelled or rescheduled. Hopefully it'll still happen on time.

On a happier note, I got my Alfa fix with a 2006 Brera V6 3.2L. It is fun, and IMO very beautiful, but it's definitely no 4C. I wanted to get something that I couldn't experience back in the US, and also something that could withstand the driving conditions here in Naples. The Brera definitely fits the bill. I attached some pics below. The only downside is that it's too new to bring back with me to the US. Maybe I'll pick up something else before I leave that's over 25 years old so I can import it back.

Anyways, I've had some time on my hands since I'm in lockdown in my house and wanted to say hi to everyone and fill ya'll in on why I've been gone so long. I'll be more active on here as I love the fun topics and all the knowledge I gain from this great community of enthusiasts!

Ciao
My wife is 1/2 Italian and we had planned a vacation in Italy (we have never been there before) in April but as you can guess that is out the window. I am glad that you said it seems the virus is slowing a bit there...may be.hope for us back here in the US.

·
Super Moderator
6,491 Posts
My wife is 1/2 Italian and we had planned a vacation in Italy (we have never been there before) in April but as you can guess that is out the window. I am glad that you said it seems the virus is slowing a bit there...may be.hope for us back here in the US.
At least the rate of increase is slowing. That’s a positive. The trouble is the numbers of new cases are still rising.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
3,970 Posts
The news mentioned that there are some cases of re-infection in China but low percentage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
First off, please stay safe. There will be plenty of drive time when this thing is over. I love the Brera.we saw one a couple of years when we were in Germany. not terribly found of the rear end but the front looks awesome. We are on shelter in place here in Texas but I can't wait to drive the 4C when the coast is clear. Hope you and your family stay well. same to everyone on here.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all, thank you for all the kind wishes! I hope you and your families are all doing well out there, and every nation can come out healthy on the other side.

A positive note on Italy, the number of deaths per day is showing a steady decrease so it looks like we're past the peak and heading on the way down the curve. People here (at least in the South, where I am) are starting to feel more confident in the situation, and I am actually seeing more people going to the stores, but wearing masks and gloves and distancing in lines. Things seem to be looking up!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts