Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
281 - 300 of 345 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
Looks great @John4C - is that the same grey as the dark OEM? Are the wheel caps that are on the sample shown included?
That’s not the same grey as OEM. That’s the ZL20 color @Daddyskillzs picked. It doesn’t look too far off OEM though. It’s more of a true gunmetal perhaps.

Yes, center caps are included.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Great minds ;)

Leaning towards ZL15 as I think the darker color will pair better with the cf halo and drivers side trans vent. Decisions, decisions...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: John4C

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #290 ·
Official Update:

We are expecting the wheels to ship shortly. I have paid for international air transportation, so I will be getting flight info in the next day or so and expect these on the ground roughly by late next week!!

We are going to proceed with the next batch of orders. I will also begin taking deposits from people. The orders will work as follows, we will do 10 at a time, when those 10 ship we will do the next 10, etc. I am going to ask those that know their color selection, are ready to go, etc. to PM me. Some have already volunteered but there are a few spots left for the next batch.

Deposits for all participants will be due shortly. I covered the incremental shipping personally so deposits will go towards that (and the final purchase price).

I will post more on deposits, etc. later tonight (sadly have to get back to work, lol).

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
209 Posts
@John4C
Please don’t forget to amortize a set of wheels on the pricing for yourself. I think there was consensus that we would all chip in so that all your hard work would have some compensation (a set of wheels).
Given the large amount of interest in this group buy, this won’t be a a large tax on the amount.

·
Registered
828 Posts
@John4C
Please don’t forget to amortize a set of wheels on the pricing for yourself. I think there was consensus that we would all chip in so that Al your hard work would have some compensation (a set of wheels).
Given the large amount of interest in this group buy, this won’t be a a large tax on the amount.
+1!

Reactions: John4C

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #293 ·
@John4C
Please don’t forget to amortize a set of wheels on the pricing for yourself. I think there was consensus that we would all chip in so that all your hard work would have some compensation (a set of wheels).
Appreciate it from both of you. I am going to do that. I really had no idea what this would become when I whimsically posted it back in March. I have sunk way more time than I would care to admit into this and expect more to come coordinating the actual order and people's colors, etc. I am grateful for the community's acknowledgement of that. Between a set for me and the extra shipping, I really only expect the pricing to be ~20-30 higher than what is in the first post. I should note there is a 3% Alibaba fee as well. I didn't realize that before I put the sample order in. I will do final pricing tonight. That said, the shipping may come in lower (we will have options, some will be more, some will be less), so it may not even really impact the overall cost for some.

More than anything, I am really excited for this to potentially work and go well. I am encouraged by the videos we have so far. I think if everyone gets what's in those videos, we will have done something really cool here. Are they 10k HRE quality? Probably not, lol. That said, I think we are hopefully getting some really nice wheels for very reasonable pricing here (way nicer than anyone could've reasonably expected for ~1400 bucks a set landed). Again, fingers crossed and thanks again to everyone for the support, understanding, patience, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #295 ·
@John4C are you contacting people one by one for the sequence of your place in line for orders or we just sending payment? (apologies will look back in thread as well need to catch up)
Because some people may prefer to wait and see more colors, etc. it’s really the first people to PM me all their info and say I know what I want I’m ready to order. I have to do a count but there may be one more slot left. PM me if you want it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
@John4C
Since you mentioned "waiting to see more colors" are they planning to send you more images of different colors folks have requested in this thread? I think I'm one of the group that is looking to gain more color insight before finalizing the order. Thanks for all of the effort on this!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I thought I would share a couple mock-ups I did of our dark OEM wheels with the sample images overlaid on them. I understand there are color variations on the wheel due to light as well as the color differences on screens etc but I did this as a way to at least get an idea. There is no way to know that the wheels we receive will be exactly like these of course but I hope this helps as people try and make their decision.

I did this in an effort to see what finish was closest to OEM. It is my opinion that the closest finish to OEM is not ZL20 (although it looks amazing and I may choose it myself).

@Daddyskillzs wheels are a glossy ZL20 for reference in the video from the factory.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
@John4C
Since you mentioned "waiting to see more colors" are they planning to send you more images of different colors folks have requested in this thread? I think I'm one of the group that is looking to gain more color insight before finalizing the order. Thanks for all of the effort on this!
Yes. I am working on trying to get more examples of the colors. How fruitful that will be is unclear. It’s a little tricky because I got everyone anchored to that palate but there are others and examples that prior customers wanted a certain way etc.

Still. I am trying to get more clarity on a few of the colors people seem interested in. If there are some you want to see let me know.

I’d actually say you don’t necessarily need to focus too much on the palate if there’s something specific you want just post a pic of it and I’ll see what they say.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes. I am working on trying to get more examples of the colors. How fruitful that will be is unclear. It’s a little tricky because I got everyone anchored to that palate but there are others and examples that prior customers wanted a certain way etc.

Still. I am trying to get more clarity on a few of the colors people seem interested in. If there are some you want to see let me know.

I’d actually say you don’t necessarily need to focus too much on the palate if there’s something specific you want just post a pic of it and I’ll see what they say.
Understood, I'm trying to retain some sanity and not complicate things, so sticking with the palate I'm interested in:
ZL08, ZL09, ZL10

281 - 300 of 345 Posts