Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
301 - 320 of 345 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Because some people may prefer to wait and see more colors, etc. it’s really the first people to PM me all their info and say I know what I want I’m ready to order. I have to do a count but there may be one more slot left. PM me if you want it.
Hello John,
I'm leaving for vacation this night. And i'm back the 22th. It’s not possible to communicate anymore between. Will i be too late for giving all my info to you after the 22th for the first 10 batch??? If this is not possible, count me in for the second batch....
Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
@John4C
Please don’t forget to amortize a set of wheels on the pricing for yourself. I think there was consensus that we would all chip in so that all your hard work would have some compensation (a set of wheels).
Given the large amount of interest in this group buy, this won’t be a a large tax on the amount.
Agreed.
its the least we can all do.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Hello John,
I'm leaving for vacation this night. And i'm back the 22th. It’s not possible to communicate anymore between. Will i be too late for giving all my info to you after the 22th for the first 10 batch??? If this is not possible, count me in for the second batch....
Thanks!
Have a great vacation! I think I accidentally oversubscribed batch 1. There may already be 11 (12 if I participate, which I was hoping to).

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #305 ·
More colors:

Matte Champagne Gold (I think the name makes no sense but this is what they told me):

ZL08

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

ZL09

Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Wood Rim

ZL10

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread

ZL19

ZL15

LS02 (not sure how this is different than LS09 but idk)

Amber Wood Automotive design Rim Art

LS14

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Note - They are going to mix the OEM wheel color 319/B based off the paint code so that will be an option..

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Have a great vacation! I think I accidentally oversubscribed batch 1. There may already be 11 (12 if I participate, which I was hoping to).
Thanks! Ok, you can count me in for the second batch. I will follow up and give all my information when needed for it.
Kind regards

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 · (Edited)
Shipping Options (USA):
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Magenta

I can get additional shipping quotes for other geographies as needed - there isn't much point until you are ordering. Things seem to have changed slightly since we began in March. Things will likely change for future orders. This is the element people should definitely expect to fluctuate.

Pricing (note there may be a 3% Alibaba fee but I think I can avoid that by wiring funds):
Rectangle Font Material property Magenta Parallel

Note: Pricing is subject to change - I am already getting pressure from the company on the pricing and new fees can pop up (e.g. we cant avoid the Alibaba fee, or just other misc stuff - for the air shipping, I had to pay to ship the center caps separately because the logistics company didn't want to take the risk they were detained due to the logo - I am told that is only for air shipping though - for now...)

Payment:
Payment will be due in full at time of order. I will manage how that works with the supplier. Full transparency - I pay them 50% at order and 50% at shipment. It is easier for me to collect at once though so I am not slowing things down by getting second payments from 10+ people 3 weeks after the first.

Payment via Paypal (friends and family only), or Zelle.

Deposits etc.:
Still more to come on this. I have been doing a lot on the other end of this (with the supplier) and getting the above stuff on color/shipping/pricing done. I will be reaching out to the ten (or so) people who will be in the next order round. As of right now, that is:

Next Order Group:
  1. @TerenceS - 18/19 - ZL20
  2. @JTod - 18/19 - ZL20
  3. @wrh3 - 18/19 - ZL15
  4. @lolo4c - 18/19 - ZL23
  5. @thatarchitect 18/19 - Being indecisive 😂
  6. @brad.t - 18/19 - Brushed Champagne Gold (from above video)
  7. @Antithos - 18/19 ZL20 Brushed
  8. @Nawt2019 - 18/19 OEM 319/B
  9. @erxmitt - 18/19 - LS14 Brushed
  10. @GQRob - 17/18 - LS14 Brushed
  11. @10sbums - 19/20 - LS01 Brushed
  12. @Cylinder Head - 17/18 - TBD

·
Registered
2017 BG Coupe/AW 280/AW Blocks/Gale Uniballs/15-25 Otis/215-245 4s/Maxton
104 Posts
Shipping Options (USA):
View attachment 128861

I can get additional shipping quotes for other geographies as needed - there isn't much point until you are ordering. Things seem to have changed slightly since we began in March. Things will likely change for future orders. This is the element people should definitely expect to fluctuate.

Pricing (note there may be a 3% Alibaba fee but I think I can avoid that by wiring funds):
View attachment 128864

Note: Pricing is subject to change - I am already getting pressure from the company on the pricing and new fees can pop up (e.g. we cant avoid the Alibaba fee, or just other misc stuff - for the air shipping, I had to pay to ship the center caps separately because the logistics company didn't want to take the risk they were detained due to the logo - I am told that is only for air shipping though - for now...)

Payment:
Payment will be due in full at time of order. I will manage how that works with the supplier. Full transparency - I pay them 50% at order and 50% at shipment. It is easier for me to collect at once though so I am not slowing things down by getting second payments from 10+ people 3 weeks after the first.

Payment via Paypal (friends and family only), or Zelle.

Deposits etc.:
Still more to come on this. I have been doing a lot on the other end of this (with the supplier) and getting the above stuff on color/shipping/pricing done. I will be reaching out to the ten (or so) people who will be in the next order round. As of right now, that is:

Next Order Group:
  1. @TerenceS - 18/19 - ZL15
  2. @JTod - 18/19 - ZL15
  3. @wrh3 - 18/19 - ZL15
  4. @lolo4c - 18/19 - ZL23
  5. @thatarchitect 18/19 - Being indecisive 😂
  6. @brad.t - 18/19 - Brushed Champagne Gold (from above video)
  7. @Antithos - 18/19 ZL20 Brushed
  8. @Nawt2019 - 18/19 OEM 319/B
  9. @erxmitt - 18/19 - LS14 Brushed
  10. @GQRob - 17/18 - LS14 Brushed
  11. @10sbums - 19/20 - LS01 Brushed
  12. @Cylinder Head - 17/18 - TBD
Awesome - thanks @John4C! Please pm me with your details, and when you are ready for the full payment. Looks like I'm the only 319/B OEM in this batch.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #311 ·
What numbers correspond to gloss and matte black?
Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff,

That's one of the areas where this gets confusing for me personally. I think ZL01 is gloss black and my contact has previously called ZL15 matte black. That said, if you want gloss or matte black, there is the ability to just say that. They are flexible on the colors . It doesn't have to align 100% to a code per se, so something like gloss or matte black is probably easiest to just say by name rather than worry about what code it is. They will do the render and make sure you are approve that (though a render doesn't 100% represent the color) - but they have been good thus far about working to ensure each customer is happy with everything.

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #315 ·
Please quote shipping to Canada. I think there are a few of us on the list.
Thanks.
Again, I think we should keep quotes to a minimum until relevant for someone ordering but I asked about Canada since there are several.

Canada:

$461 USD by sea for 18/19. Price includes taxes. Transport time is ~35 days

This is higher than what I was told in March (Post 106) but I believe is due to the taxes being included in this figure.

Similarly @delta500hp I am told Chile would be $625 by Sea, taxes included, ~50 days. Price could change slightly based on exact address. Cannot include the center cap with logo. Previously they said air only but I think they were asking a different logistics company.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I just want to jump in here and say congratulations to all of you. I bought OZ ultraleggeras a few days before this group buy took off. My heartbroken self tries to avoid looking at this thread thinking 'what could've been' but I find it hard to not look. These are definitely gorgeous. Well done @John4C

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #317 ·
Again, working through a lot of this in real time (hence why I told the group 1 people I am not taking payments yet), the Alfa caps will need to be shipped separately for customs reasons. This was $46 on the samples. I am working to see if there is another shipping option that is less expensive, as well as toying with alternative caps that wouldn't require separate shipping.

Stay tuned...

·
Premium Member
3,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
I'd be fine paying to have those Alfa logo'd caps shipped separately.
I’ve spoken to a few people so far and that seems to be the consensus. I’m hoping we can get the shipping down, though.

I appreciate the feedback. Ultimately I am trying to balance lots of individual interests here so it helps when people speak up on their preference.

Reactions: JTod
301 - 320 of 345 Posts