Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
481 - 500 of 533 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 · (Edited)
Looks great! Little less meat around the hub and larger triangles between the holes?
These are a more faithful recreation of the OEM Giulia QV five holes. A bit more purity of design and higher load rating (stronger) and meaningfully lower weight (to be confirmed when I get them obviously)(also note there are slight weight variations between styles/sizes but it's immaterial, all are very close). I think people are going to be really pleased with these. Weights should be much lower than the previous versions. They could be made to be the lightest 4C wheel but I’m not comfortable running wheels with the load ratings used by (well let’s just say others as to not start anything). Some are very low IMHO. I’ll leave it at that.

But wait… there’s more…

We’ll have a selection of styles at launch. There’s the

Giulia QV five hole:
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Automotive design Rim

Stelvio QV five hole (this is the version made by some other vendors):
Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Alloy wheel

And the Technico (OEM forged option on the Giulia QV and one of the wheels on the unreleased 4C QV prototypes):

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Alloy wheel

Note all designs are set up for tons of front brake clearance (should clear almost anything but no guarantees obviously) and the rear to maximize concavity (some of those renders are fronts, but note that the 4C can’t have that much concavity so don’t expect a huge dish, lol)

So yeah. Letting some of this trickle out because big things are brewing my friends. Big things...

·
Registered
LE 4C
733 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #489 ·
We all do, and we all are waiting for you to turn on the green light John. This thing looks so sexy :)
We’re getting extremely close. If I get the news I’m hoping for tonight (which is really just a confirmation) there’ll be more info coming. 👍

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now Stelvio and Technicos.... I was never 100% on my 5 holes on my QV and always thought the Stelvio and Technicos looked better..

Ugh. I may need to get the Technicos when available.....

Just followed their new IG account as well

·
Registered
2018 Rosso Competizione 4C Spider, 2019 Rosso Competizione Giulia Quadrifoglio
267 Posts
Updates:

Where we are:

So, essentially what started as a set of these wheels for myself and one for someone else developed into a group buy opportunity. ~6 months and discussions with two dozen suppliers, factories, etc. I think we've cracked it. :LOL:

Group Buy List

Please post or PM to register interest. So far we have:

17/18 Fitment
  1. @John4C - Info Received
  2. @Cylinder Head - Info Received
  3. @Zala - Info Received
  4. @Gilly - Info Received
  5. @AlfaCruiser - Info Received
  6. @DirtyEvo - Info Received
  7. @B-T - Info Received
  8. @thatarchitect - Info Received
  9. @Brandmath72 - Info Received
  10. @KarlB - Info Received
  11. @Angrywankel - Info Received
  12. @GQRob - Info Received
  13. @Dave's 4C - Info Received
  14. @mc1r - Info Received
  15. Email Person (GP) (this is a reminder to myself)
  16. @RTTX
  17. @86GTV6
  18. @kazkioken
18/19 Fitment
  1. @Arek1123 - Info Received
  2. @Daddyskillzs - Info Received
  3. @heelntoe - Info Received
  4. @jgraham928 - Info Received
  5. @wrh3 - Info Received
  6. @Dmiek - Info Received
  7. @brad.t - Info Received
  8. @Imduder - Info Received
  9. @Nawt2019 - Info Received
  10. @HaloCar - Info Received
  11. @erxmitt - Info Received
  12. @TerenceS - Info Received
  13. @Adnan - Info Received
  14. @davetran - Info Received
  15. @courtier - Info Received
  16. @JTod - Info Received
  17. @JanR4C - Info Received
  18. @ferdinandwilsdorf - Info Received
  19. @Alfadawg4c - Info Received
  20. @M!! (LS-02) - Info Received
  21. @Jrflanery - Info Received
  22. @Antithos - Info Received
  23. @jeff7251954 - Info Received
  24. @chester - Info Received
  25. @Jack Lai - Info Received
  26. @HeelToe - Info Received
  27. @Neurovino - Info Received
  28. @OGVADIM - Info Received
  29. @frgabby - Info Received
  30. @roadsterdoc - Info Received
  31. @Chawumba - Info Received
  32. @Borneo - Info Received
  33. @Olaf Rohm - Info Received
  34. @Infurno - Info Received
  35. @34witt - Info Received
  36. @Thomas PD - Info Received
  37. @Dino - Info Received
  38. @lolo4c - Info Received
  39. @viro - Info Received
  40. @DarkniczZ - Info Received
  41. @tnE30fan - Info Received
  42. @Mikeyjm - Info Received
  43. @kerrhill - Info Received
  44. @u.k.sharif - Info Received
  45. @Barth Vader
  46. @Vozz
  47. @Nimo
  48. @Avelian
19/20 Fitment
  1. @10sbums - Info Received
  2. @WarrenGotIt - Info Received
Misc/Special Requests (These will go in separately, FYI - Still trying to sort this)
  1. @tibby - Info Received
  2. @4Channel - Info Received
  3. @Vipermoves
  4. @Niklas
GOOD GOD JOHN .... at least 68 sets of wheels?!?!?

I know that not everyone can afford it, but for those that can, please consider adding $50 to your order for John. We should have enough takers that it will earn him a set of wheels or two - which he deserves for all his hard work.

-Terence

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 · (Edited)
GOOD GOD JOHN .... at least 68 sets of wheels?!?!?

I know that not everyone can afford it, but for those that can, please consider adding $50 to your order for John. We should have enough takers that it will earn him a set of wheels or two - which he deserves for all his hard work.

-Terence
I’m not sure we’ll get 68. I’m sure some will drop out and some will join. Idk where it’ll end up honestly.

I appreciate the sentiment but anything extra to me isn’t necessary. I’ve set up the pricing to account for me getting my investment back (as long as we get enough people, lol - I think we will though).

John, that's mental. Shows how brilliant the products are.

Do you have a list of colour options?? Cannot wait

What goes into "special requests"? What can we request??
So about the colors, lol. There isn’t a palate per se yet but there will be. Basically everything you would expect. If you have something specific in mind they’ll try and do it. I would expect it to be slightly different though. Admittedly what I showed them to get the wheel photographed above was a little different. I’m really pleased with how they came out though. I think I like it better than what I sent, lol.

Ok so for the BIG UPDATE:

The products do seem quite nice (and I kind of know they are because I know some of the other brands they make.

This is a MUCH larger factory. They make ~2 million wheels a year. I spoke to about two dozen suppliers and this was kind of immediately apparent that this was the one. It’s the captive factory for an Australian company actually so you Aussie guys should feel good about it, lol.

The Weights:
On a more serious note, tonight I will be posting the real “wheel on a scale” weights. I’ve known the modeled weights for ~6 weeks but wanted to wait to get the real weights (they’re never the same). I’m excited for where these should come out. They’re going to be LIGHT. They won’t be the “lightest 4C wheel” but could’ve been. I wasn’t comfortable with the load ratings used by some of those “lightest 4C wheels”. These should be strong wheels meant for people who use their cars, track them, etc. Obviously wheels are a wear item so nothing lasts forever but I feel good about them. They technically meet JWL standards but that’s all I’ll say about that because I haven’t done any of the testing, etc. nor do I plan on it. I did the research though on what the JWL minimum would be for a 4C (because it mattered to me) and these are designed above that level.

Pricing:
I will post the pricing when I post the weights. Headline is it's basically the same. Total with shipping will actually be lower for most but tbd (shipping seems to change daily). This will be the least interesting part, lol.

Ordering:
Some of you have reached out about getting orders in now. I appreciate that it’s been a long road. Once the weights come in, I am comfortable doing that. So for those that want to get things rolling, I will be putting in a limited size (I don’t want it to be too big) order in the next couple days. PM me if you want to be a part of that. To be clear, this is really only because a few people have requested it.

Otherwise orders will ‘formally’ open when I get these mounted and take some pretty pics and videos, etc. Well and the other person getting the 17/18 set mounts theirs (notice there were more than four caps 😉). Realistically I’m guessing 9/1-ish.

Ok - I am getting yelled at to come eat dinner. More to come...

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
The Weights are in!!!

The weight in green is the complete, painted wheel on a scale - I left the modeled weight on there so that you can compare and set expectations appropriately regarding the modeled weights for the other styles

18/19:

Font Line Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

The 18/19 set is 13.7 lbs lighter than a set of stock five hole wheels, despite being 1" wider front and rear.

17/18:

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

The 17/18 set is 8.4 lbs lighter than a set of stock (coupe style) 17/18 wheels, despite being 1" wider front and 1.5" rear.

I will post the full version of those tables at some point. I am a crazy person so compiled every known aftermarket wheel for the 4C and compared weight, load, and cost, lol.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I have FOMO. I am happy with the factory wheels and color, but the opportunity to buy an OE style wheel built this way is unlikely to exist in the future.

That said I have never had to replace a wheel because it was damaged…

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 · (Edited)
I have FOMO. I am happy with the factory wheels and color, but the opportunity to buy an OE style wheel built this way is unlikely to exist in the future.
You can come see them soon, lol. I suspect you will succumb to FOMO 🤣
That said I have never had to replace a wheel…
Neither have I. Many people have bent the OEM fan wheels though. Teledials seem better. I wouldn’t expect anyone to have any issues with these. Bottom line is I worked with the engineer to set these up knowing that if people bend rims it’s going to create a headache for me getting them a replacement 😂🤣😂

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
The Weights are in!!!

The weight in green is the complete, painted wheel on a scale - I left the modeled weight on there so that you can compare and set expectations appropriately regarding the modeled weights for the other styles

18/19:

View attachment 132341

The 18/19 set is 13.7 lbs lighter than a set of stock five hole wheels, despite being 1" wider front and rear.

17/18:

View attachment 132342

The 17/18 set is 8.4 lbs lighter than a set of stock (coupe style) 17/18 wheels, despite being 1" wider front and 1.5" rear.

I will post the full version of those tables at some point. I am a crazy person so compiled every known aftermarket wheel for the 4C and compared weight, load, and cost, lol.
Oh oh, I think I’m going to have crack open the piggy bank for a 17/18” set.

481 - 500 of 533 Posts