Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
501 - 520 of 860 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have FOMO. I am happy with the factory wheels and color, but the opportunity to buy an OE style wheel built this way is unlikely to exist in the future.

That said I have never had to replace a wheel because it was damaged…
The Teledials are strong, never had issueseven after multiple trackdays, but the others have had issues.

Although they need spacers to look anything other than lost, especially rear arches, and they're very flat. I wish they had some shape to match the car's curves

Not that I'm trying to encourage you or anything...

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 · (Edited)
Pricing:

So slightly different but net about the same. Under previous supplier a brushed set ship to US was $1,5xx - still $1,5xx. Shipping is approximate and will change obviously. Also note the air seems to be trending down so I added that as an option for those that want them ASAP.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Circle

EDIT - I should add that there may be different shipping for different areas in the US. If you are close to a port, the shipping will be less. I have tried to account for a middle ground in the quote above. Some could be less (but again shipping seems to be changing by the second so tbd).

I will answer remaining PMs later today - sadly have to do my actual work now, lol.

Very excited though. I am really happy with where these are coming out... (y)

Note - Pricing reflects direct transfer (Wire, Zelle, CashApp, Venmo, PayPal Friends and Family, etc.) - CC payments will be accepted but will incur a 3% processing fee.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
You can come see them soon, lol. I suspect you will succumb to FOMO 🤣
Maybe. I think it will end up taking space and I just won't need it. My wheel and tire situation is fully sorted at the moment. If I do break a wheel I can just buy another OE wheel right?

If I were going to make a killer change to color or finish I would absolutely buy these wheels, but I don't know what that would be for an Alfa Rosso car. Right now I have some dark greyish looking color and I am fine with it and it hides dirt and brake dust well and has some nice luster when clean.

Teledials seem better.
I have the teledials. I absolutely love this design and I didn't know it existed before I started looking at 4Cs. It's rare for me to see a wheel that doesn't feel incredibly samey or just weird and ugly across the whole field.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Thanks John. Possibly this was mentioned previously, but can you confirm that pricing does (or does not) include those sexy centre caps (colour matched) that you posted a few posts back?
Yessir. They’re included. Candidly, I hated how piecemeal the other pricing got so this is setup to be everything. There should be no additional costs.

I actually just sent out to get shipping quotes to Australia, UK, and Canada (Ontario). I know things can vary by province in Canada but I didn’t want to overwhelm them with 20 countries/provinces to start.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
More to come tomorrow but the sample wheels are being transported to the logistics company. Shipping continues to trend favorably. It’s down from when I talked to them a few weeks ago. Waiting for final cost but the cost per volumetric kg is looking nice.

The air may be getting to a level that it starts to make sense for people, which would be pretty neat for those looking to get the wheels a little faster. Sea trending down as well though. Overall positive.

I should have quotes for a few non-US geographies tomorrow.

Also getting closer to relative clarity on colors. Stay tuned 👍

·
Registered
185 Posts
More to come tomorrow but the sample wheels are being transported to the logistics company. Shipping continues to trend favorably. It’s down from when I talked to them a few weeks ago. Waiting for final cost but the cost per volumetric kg is looking nice.

The air may be getting to a level that it starts to make sense for people, which would be pretty neat for those looking to get the wheels a little faster. Sea trending down as well though. Overall positive.

I should have quotes for a few non-US geographies tomorrow.

Also getting closer to relative clarity on colors. Stay tuned 👍
John, I'm not going to lie, I check this thread about 4 times a day (I just realised I can follow a thread) because I can't wait to get some...

Can I wait 30 days for them to come by sea... that's the question!

Looking forward to seeing what colours you end up with, too. Can't decide how bold / risky to go or if I should just get anthracite and be boring...

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
Maybe. I think it will end up taking space and I just won't need it. My wheel and tire situation is fully sorted at the moment. If I do break a wheel I can just buy another OE wheel right?

If I were going to make a killer change to color or finish I would absolutely buy these wheels, but I don't know what that would be for an Alfa Rosso car. Right now I have some dark greyish looking color and I am fine with it and it hides dirt and brake dust well and has some nice luster when clean.
I didn’t reply to this before but it somewhat aligns with the below… Brush finish is the killer change IMHO. Once you go there it’s hard to look at painted wheels the same way IMHO.

John, I'm not going to lie, I check this thread about 4 times a day (I just realised I can follow a thread) because I can't wait to get some...

Can I wait 30 days for them to come by sea... that's the question!

Looking forward to seeing what colours you end up with, too. Can't decide how bold / risky to go or if I should just get anthracite and be boring...
What color is your 4C?

Mild or wild, the one suggestion I would make is to get the brushed finish. I have it now on my wheels and it really elevates the wheel (regardless of color) from painted object to glistening hunk of metal. It’s hard to capture in pictures but even a darker brushed anthracite wheel will catch the sun and glimmer in a way that a painted wheel never will. It’s a little more money, yes, but really a small investment in the specialness of the wheels IMHO.

Ultimately, I want everyone to be really happy with these (it would be such a waste of effort if people aren’t lol) and I think the brushed is one way these will really be differentiated from anything else. Despite having some nice wheels available for the 4C, almost none are offered in a brushed finish. I went the full custom route so I have it but even some of the 4C wheels that are more expensive than my current wheels (not from the group buy) don’t offer it. 30/wheel is frankly a bargain for it IMHO. I looked up HRE’s price list, just for fun and they charge 500/wheel to do a brushed finish 😂

Font Parallel Screenshot Number Circle

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I didn’t reply to this before but it somewhat aligns with the below… Brush finish is the killer change IMHO. Once you go there it’s hard to look at painted wheels the same way IMHO.
This is definitely something I need to see in person or see a good photo of. Google search doesn't reveal anything that special looking, but the photography was also really poor.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 · (Edited)
This is definitely something I need to see in person or see a good photo of. Google search doesn't reveal anything that special looking, but the photography was also really poor.
I feel like I had the right idea but just terrible execution :ROFLMAO::LOL: I spent 30 minutes balancing a gimbal for this really mediocre video but it's probably better than most of what is out there to get a feel for the 'chunk of metal' effect that a brushed finish provides. The wheels aren't even clean but honestly that's the least of problems I have with this. I will do this again when the sun is out and I have the actual wheels. I learned what not to do in some ways, lol.

Edit car sounds bizarre because that’s slowed down. I washed over it way too fast (that’s what I meant above about my crappy video).

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #514 · (Edited)
OK... Let's talk colors. In essence the options are pretty open. I will post some examples though.

• Everything can be made darker/lighter. There are tinted clear coats that can be applied, etc. A
  • Also, anything can be gloss, satin, or matte.
  • Note I am really only posting the most common ones, red, red brushed, blue, blue brushed, teal, yellow, etc are all available.

So stealing pics just as examples...

Painted Finishes:

Gloss Black:
Photograph Light Black Dishware Font

Gunmetal (Gloss) (this is pretty close to the OEM color):
Wheel White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

Gunmetal (Satin)
Automotive tire Light Black Automotive design Wheel

Grey:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire

Silver:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

PCar Gold (Gloss):

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Product

PCar Gold (Satin):
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

BMW Gold:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Product

Light Bronze:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Product

Bronze:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire White Light

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 · (Edited)
Brushed Finishes (this is an extra charge of $30/wheel) - John4C recommended but to each his own (y):

Brushed Raw (just brushed aluminum clear - idk if this pic is the best but it's an awesome finish offered by several brands):
Automotive tire Wheel Light Product Tread

Brushed Gunmetal:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire White Light

Brushed Black (can be made darker if desired):
Wheel Tire Automotive tire White Light

Brushed Champagne (What I am calling the sample):
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Wood Table

Brushed Rich Gold:
Tire Brown Wheel Automotive tire Product

Obviously there are more that could be done (e.g. brushed gold) but I am running out of steam stealing pics and making these, lol

·
Registered
156 Posts
Good lord John, don’t give us so many options! I want them all now! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Jokes aside, thank you so much for this. Looking at the wheel options I wonder what’s the consensus. Im probably looking at Grey or hyper gloss

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 · (Edited)
@Avelian @Alfanut @Gilly @Gilles27 @Vipermoves

I actually just got the Australia Shipping quote (this is for 18/19, 17/18 will be ~5% less)...

EDITED to include insurance
Sea - 40-45 days - USD 294
Air - 10-15 days - USD 668

Note that is DDP so includes all taxes/duty. These change pretty rapidly so obviously will have to get a quote at the time your item is actually shipping but should be directional to dive you a feel.

It does not include insurance, Getting that info

More countries coming tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #520 · (Edited)
Edited to include Insurance

UK:
DDP by air,715 USD in total, 8-10 working days
DDP by sea or train ,340 USD in total, 40-45 days

Canada: (this was the same for Ontario and Vancouver - not sure if that makes sense)
DDP by air,610 USD in total, 10-15 working days
DDP by sea,315 USD in total, 40-45 days

It does not include insurance, Getting that info

501 - 520 of 860 Posts