Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1561 - 1580 of 1618 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Well, I was going to wait until my bout with covid is done, but I sucked it up, and installed them today:). I just couldn't wait!
Rosso Comp 4C LE on OE suspension with brushed copper, gloss coat, 18" & 19".
Michelin Pilot Supersport 225 and 255 tires

Attachments

· Registered
LE 4C
793 Posts
Here is my observation about these new shiny brushed aluminum wheels …
Like most of us, my 4c had the gunmetal wheels, and did not paid much attention about them, as the dark wheel wells was kind of “blending in” into the whole thing, tire and all.
With the new brushed aluminum wheel, the drawback is the wheel wells or “drum” gets dirty easily and that will show.
However, the big shiny “drum” really really stand out. It is quite a “look at me” wheel :)

· Registered
156 Posts
Here is my observation about these new shiny brushed aluminum wheels …
Like most of us, my 4c had the gunmetal wheels, and did not paid much attention about them, as the dark wheel wells was kind of “blending in” into the whole thing, tire and all.
With the new brushed aluminum wheel, the drawback is the wheel wells or “drum” gets dirty easily and that will show.
However, the big shiny “drum” really really stand out. It is quite a “look at me” wheel :)
All rims with concave + thin ribbed designs, as this one, will have such issue. Nothing more beautiful than a clean wheel Including the drum Side ;)There are products that can be applied Including ceramic coating that can make rinsing easier and only need a low pressure hose. Either way, clean or dirty, they will grab the attention in cool way IMHO.

· Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,566 ·
All rims with concave + thin ribbed designs, as this one, will have such issue. Nothing more beautiful than a clean wheel Including the drum Side ;)There are products that can be applied Including ceramic coating that can make rinsing easier and only need a low pressure hose. Either way, clean or dirty, they will grab the attention in cool way IMHO.
Yup. Ceramic helps a lot.

One of these is clutch too.
https://a.co/d/inoUVsv

· Registered
LE 4C
793 Posts
Interesting.
I searched for "ceramic coating" and the results are all over the places :(
Hopefully it does not have to be professionally applied. but on the other hand, I do not want to damage the wheels either. Any brand that you guys actually used and recommended ? Thanks

· Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,568 ·
Interesting.
Hopefully it does not have to be professionally applied. but on the other hand, I do not want to damage the wheels either. Any brand that you guys actually used and recommended ? Thanks
I use this on my wheels and calipers. Someone posted a YouTube channel a while back where the guy tested every ceramic coat on the market and this won a few tests. It was actually still performing when he stopped the test at 485 days or something crazy. For wheels you definitely don’t need anything professionally applied. I do my wheels 1-2x a year myself and everything usually comes off with a hose.

WEIRUIXIN 10H Ceramic Coating 3.0,High Gloss Hydrophobicty Anti Scratch Easy to Use Mirror Paint Protection Car kit 50ML Nano Ceramic Coating with Gloves sealant 2 Years Warranty https://a.co/d/8TVbJ9Y

Heres the YouTube channel:

Definitely worth a watch. He does a terrific job testing every ceramic product on the market over years.

Here’s the results tracker:

· Registered
236 Posts
Interesting.
Avalon King specifically do Ceramics which are high quality but easy to apply. Did my 4C with it as an amateur, really good

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,530 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Automotive tire Tire Plant Automotive design Synthetic rubber
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bicycle part
Wheel Automotive tire Plant Alloy wheel Automotive design
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Tread
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Here are my 17x8 and 18x9 inch Stefania’s in Shadow Black.

Wheel Automotive tire Plant Alloy wheel Automotive design

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Bicycle part

tires fitted are Michelin Pilot Sport 5; 225/45R17 and 245/40R18. I chose these because of the limited range of Michelin ultra performance tyres in particular for the 17inch front and because these rims and tyres are largely for road use. I’ll use my other set of 17/18s for some dedicated track tyres..

Fitment to the my 4c later this evening when the kids are down for bed….stay tuned

· Super Moderator
13,530 Posts
View attachment 139143 View attachment 139144 View attachment 139145 View attachment 139146 View attachment 139147 View attachment 139148 View attachment 139149 View attachment 139150 Here are my 17x8 and 18x9 inch Stefania’s in Shadow Black.
View attachment 139143
View attachment 139145
View attachment 139144

tires fitted are Michelin Pilot Sport 5; 225/45R17 and 245/40R18. I chose these because of the limited range of Michelin ultra performance tyres in particular for the 17inch front and because these rims and tyres are largely for road use. I’ll use my other set of 17/18s for some dedicated track tyres..

Fitment to the my 4c later this evening when the kids are down for bed….stay tuned
View attachment 139143
Looking forward to seeing them on. I hope the kids are in bed early before dark. 😁🙏🤞

· Registered
133 Posts
Wheels and tyres fitted! Very happy with the result.
Also weighed the rims and tyres for those that are interested:

Old 17/18 set of OEM fan wheels with stock sized Michelin Pilot Sport 3
Fronts 17.1 kg
Rears 20.2kg
Total: 74.6kg

New Stefanias 17x8inch and 18x9inch with 225/45R17 and 245/40R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 5
Fronts 17.1kg (rim + TPMS 7.6kg)
Rears 19.5kg (rim + TPMS 8.7kg)
Total: 73.2kg

So shaved 1.4kg off but gained one inch width in wheels and up plus two sizes in the front tire and plus one on the rear. Once I factored in the spacer delete and titanium lug nuts that a saving of about 3.5-4.0kgs.

Suspension is KW V2 front and V3 rear

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Wheel Tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Super Moderator
13,530 Posts
Gorgeous, Gilly. 👌👍
Wheels and tyres fitted! Very happy with the result.
Also weighed the rims and tyres for those that are interested:

Old 17/18 set of OEM fan wheels with stock sized Michelin Pilot Sport 3
Fronts 17.1 kg
Rears 20.2kg
Total: 74.6kg

New Stefanias 17x8inch and 18x9inch with 225/45R17 and 245/40R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 5
Fronts 17.1kg (rim + TPMS 7.6kg)
Rears 19.5kg (rim + TPMS 8.7kg)
Total: 73.2kg

So shaved 1.4kg off but gained one inch width in wheels and up plus two sizes in the front tire and plus one on the rear. Once I factored in the spacer delete and titanium lug nuts that a saving of about 3.5-4.0kgs.

Suspension is KW V2 front and V3 rear

View attachment 139162
View attachment 139158
View attachment 139163
View attachment 139164
View attachment 139157
View attachment 139161
View attachment 139160
View attachment 139159

1561 - 1580 of 1618 Posts