Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1581 - 1600 of 1618 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Wheels and tyres fitted! Very happy with the result.
Also weighed the rims and tyres for those that are interested:

Old 17/18 set of OEM fan wheels with stock sized Michelin Pilot Sport 3
Fronts 17.1 kg
Rears 20.2kg
Total: 74.6kg

New Stefanias 17x8inch and 18x9inch with 225/45R17 and 245/40R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 5
Fronts 17.1kg (rim + TPMS 7.6kg)
Rears 19.5kg (rim + TPMS 8.7kg)
Total: 73.2kg

So shaved 1.4kg off but gained one inch width in wheels and up plus two sizes in the front tire and plus one on the rear. Once I factored in the spacer delete and titanium lug nuts that a saving of about 3.5-4.0kgs.

Suspension is KW V2 front and V3 rear

View attachment 139162
View attachment 139158
View attachment 139163
View attachment 139164
View attachment 139157
View attachment 139161
View attachment 139160
View attachment 139159
That is super clean ….really classy and nice.

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Ugh, I still can't decide on tires! According to Tire Rack, the only Michelins are the Pilot Sport 4S & Pilot Sport All Season 4 in the sizes I'm working with: 225/45-17 and 255/40-18.
I found some Pilot Sport Cup 2s at Costco, but only in the 17" fronts.

Maybe the Bridgestone - POTENZA RE-71RS ?? They look cool.

Or Falden Azenis RT660s?

Or Yokohama Advan Neova AD09s?

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,530 Posts
Ugh, I still can't decide on tires! According to Tire Rack, the only Michelins are the Pilot Sport 4S & Pilot Sport All Season 4 in the sizes I'm working with: 225/45-17 and 255/40-18.

Or Falden Azenis RT660s?

Nothing in Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Sports?

· Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,590 ·
Should I expect/need to do an alignment after swapping from OEM?
How long has it been since your last one?
This is the right question IMHO. If you have a perfectly aligned car, confirmed recently, etc. switching the wheels should have little to no impact.

If you’re swapping the exact size there’s no impact.

If you’re going wider there is some impact as the suspension will settle differently and camber/castor angles could change slightly. That said, my experience is that they don’t change enough to make a well aligned car need a new alignment.

If you’re not sure when your last alignment was then sure, an alignment might be in order.

· Registered
80 Posts
My new control arms just arrived, so basically I’m trying to decide if I wait to replace the control arms until the wheels come. I probably won’t have much drivable weather between now and then so it’s no crisis to wait, but I’m also impatient. :)

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,530 Posts
My new control arms just arrived, so basically I’m trying to decide if I wait to replace the control arms until the wheels come. I probably won’t have much drivable weather between now and then so it’s no crisis to wait, but I’m also impatient. :)
After the control arms then.

· Premium Member
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,596 ·

Or Falden Azenis RT660s?

I’m a MPS4S person but I’m going to try those AD09R next. I’ve heard good things. I am intrigued by the RE-71RS too. I haven’t heard much about that one though.

· Registered
80 Posts
Seems the RE-71RS is quite different than the 71Rs. For folks that haven’t seen it they talk about the differences in this tire rack vid and it’s pretty radically different. New compound, different focus, and asymmetric vs directional. Will be curious to hear reports back from folks that try them.

· Registered
150 Posts
Seems the RE-71RS is quite different than the 71Rs. For folks that haven’t seen it they talk about the differences in this tire rack vid and it’s pretty radically different. New compound, different focus, and asymmetric vs directional. Will be curious to hear reports back from folks that try them.
Thanks for the video link. They said the 71RS is more track focused... Does that mean it'll never get enough heat in it with street driving? They also say it has fantastic wet performance which is counter intuitive to requiring more heat.

I loved the 71R. Gonna be sad when I have to toss the ones on my 124. Might goto Direzza ZIII or RT660 if they have them in the right size.

1581 - 1600 of 1618 Posts