Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gents,

It's that time again to Guess the "Dyno" Draw. Last year a good lad from the States won $100 paid via Paypal.

This year you will have the chance to WIN $150 USD in total. $75 will go to the closest guess for WHP and another $75 to the closest guess for Torque. These are at the wheel and not the crank numbers.

I have attached the dyno graph from last year. The difference from last year and this year is below added modifications which should significantly increase the numbers. The boost setting will be around 26 - 28lb.

Last year modification:
  • Twin Scroll Garrett GTX 3071 Gen 2 T3 .82 A/R
  • 50% larger intercooler
  • Custom Cold Air intake
  • Larger AW Injectors
  • 3" custom Ti center exhaust with Cat delete
  • Lighter forged wheels with lighter Brake Discs
  • AW Race ECU
  • Boost setting during dyno tuning at 23lb
This year modifications:
  • AW Forged Pistons
  • AW Stage 2 Heads
  • Meth Injection
The plan is to perform the Dyno Tuning next week but the tuner is recovering from "flu-like symptoms" As long as he's not coughing up Blood, I plan to dyno with full PPE next week. Please make your guesses count and you only have ONE guess. Yes, one guess means the numbers for both hp and torque. May God Bless you ALL.

Attachments

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
I am going with 350 whp and 350 lb ft. Be careful with too much torque. The specs say it was designed for max. of 350 lb ft as I recall. Third gear is the weak spot in the gear train. Are you putting in a kevlar clutch? I think you will probably need one. Are you having Jamie tune it with his Race ECU or?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yes, installed Jamie鈥檚 clutch kit. Damn nice unit. Brits can make good shit sometimes. ;)

470nm? Please English. What鈥檚 it in lbft?

Registered
Be careful with too much torque. The specs say it was designed for max. of 350 lb ft as I recall.
All of the factory literature I've seen suggests the torque limit of the trans is 260 lb/ft which coincidentally is what the 4C makes. We all know it will take more than that!

Registered
341whp / 349lb/ft

Reactions: Nimo

Registered
355 whp / 347 wtq

Reactions: Nimo

Registered
We need more details:
1) Meth (where do you inject and how much and in what combination)
2) Race fuel or normal

335 whp and 340 lbft ---> But I may adjust them after you provide the info above :)

Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
All of the factory literature I've seen suggests the torque limit of the trans is 260 lb/ft which coincidentally is what the 4C makes. We all know it will take more than that!
Yes...the factory rating for the 4C engine is 258 ft. lbs. but if you go the the engineering design specs the trans itself is rated for a max. of 350 ft. lbs. I read that in the official factory information two weeks ago .....but don't ask me to go looking for it again ;-) The trans might take that but it would be pushing the clutch.....a couple of members with heavily modded engines are starting to see the limits of the clutch.....and third gear.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts