2015 4C Launch Edition
4,410 Posts
Revised 410whp 375 tq

Do you need my mailing address now 😁

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Big day today gentlemen. We either blow the motor to smithereens or we have solid numbers. One way or the other, I have more plans if this thing detonates. The dyno is scheduled for today at 2 PM eastern daylight time. It is not too late to post your numbers. I do have plans to transplant another motor including a gated transmission from an Audi R8. AS A BONUS, AN EXTRA USD $100 TO THE PERSON WHO CORRECTLY GUESSES BOTH WHP AND TORQUE.
Hoping to post the Dyno Graph tonight.

The rear wing is almost ready with custom uprights. The uprights will be bolted to the rear frame and not the body panel.

The local time attack is planned for the end of June and hoping that everything will be ready to be competitive.

I will not have time to cut the A-pillar as intended and will be postponed for the time being. Just FYI on Jamie's carbon Kevlar clutch assembly, this thing is very intense as it grabs every gear. I have NO idea how it will perform but I will provide a detailed review after my first track event.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,410 Posts
So my check is in the mail tomorrow 😁
So a R8 motor and trans is also planned down the line.....you are doing some really cool experiments but $$$ :unsure:
Would love for someone to do an over the top custom 4C and enter in one of the car shows competitions like we have in here in Detroit. I know of that one project that put an AUDI 10 cylinder in their 4C but that required extending car body and major mods to rear of the car. There are plenty of high power 4 and small V6 engines from race cars that would be a natural. Around 500 hp and torque seems easily doable although might not be too street practical of course. In any case that much hp and torque with appropriate suspension upgrades would make for an amazing project. The two Hill Climb cars running in Europe would be a good concept blue print to start with although they are far from a stock 4C....more of the "funny car" design......outward appearances only look like a 4C.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Big day today gentlemen. We either blow the motor to smithereens or we have solid numbers. One way or the other, I have more plans if this thing detonates. The dyno is scheduled for today at 2 PM eastern daylight time. It is not too late to post your numbers. I do have plans to transplant another motor including a gated transmission from an Audi R8. AS A BONUS, AN EXTRA USD $100 TO THE PERSON WHO CORRECTLY GUESSES BOTH WHP AND TORQUE.
Hoping to post the Dyno Graph tonight.

The rear wing is almost ready with custom uprights. The uprights will be bolted to the rear frame and not the body panel.

The local time attack is planned for the end of June and hoping that everything will be ready to be competitive.

I will not have time to cut the A-pillar as intended and will be postponed for the time being. Just FYI on Jamie's carbon Kevlar clutch assembly, this thing is very intense as it grabs every gear. I have NO idea how it will perform but I will provide a detailed review after my first track event.
Can we do a lap time at TMP guess contest with money? :p

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Gentlemen,
Some delay in the dyno. I have a new tuner and he has a two-wheel dyno and he couldn't figure out how to set the car for rear wheel only. The car goes into a limp mode if the front wheel isn't rolling during the dyno run.
After speaking with Jamie at Alfaworks, I think we figured it out now but more importantly, we now have to recalibrate the clutch as we have installed the carbon kevlar clutch assembly from Jamie. We have to recalibrate the kissing point of the clutch. Hoping to get all this sorted out today. Nothing is easy....... Jamie thinks we should get close to 400 on both numbers. Thanks for your patience guys.....

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gentlemen,
Some delay in the dyno. I have a new tuner and he has a two-wheel dyno and he couldn't figure out how to set the car for rear wheel only. The car goes into a limp mode if the front wheel isn't rolling during the dyno run.
After speaking with Jamie at Alfaworks, I think we figured it out now but more importantly, we now have to recalibrate the clutch as we have installed the carbon kevlar clutch assembly from Jamie. We have to recalibrate the kissing point of the clutch. Hoping to get all this sorted out today. Nothing is easy....... Jamie thinks we should get close to 400 on both numbers. Thanks for your patience guys.....
Hmmmm, given your latest comment, I should change it to 400/400 lol, but I'll keep my original position. By the way I don't think we locationally are that far apart, I will just take your OEM bumper instead of the cash :) lol.
Can't wait!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Hmmmm, given your latest comment, I should change it to 400/400 lol, but I'll keep my original position. By the way I don't think we locationally are that far apart, I will just take your OEM bumper instead of the cash :) lol.
Can't wait!
I think my front bumper has your name written all over it.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts