Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Update......

Having an issue with clutch calibration currently. Looks like I will need a 4C ECU to recalibrate it. Unfortunately, I sold my factory ECU when I received the RACE ECU from Jamie. I'm trying to use another ECU from a local 4C owner and if that doesn't work then Jamie will come to the rescue.

Before I can use the Hub dyno, I need the calibration done otherwise I will damage the clutch. We are still having issues with the Hub dyno as the transmission isn't engaging in any other gear than the 1st. The last resort is disconnecting the ABS module. If this doesn't work then I will use a 4 wheel Mustang Dyno. So, stay tuned gentlemen... the saga never ends.............

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Update......

Having an issue with clutch calibration currently. Looks like I will need a 4C ECU to recalibrate it. Unfortunately, I sold my factory ECU when I received the RACE ECU from Jamie. I'm trying to use another ECU from a local 4C owner and if that doesn't work then Jamie will come to the rescue.

Before I can use the Hub dyno, I need the calibration done otherwise I will damage the clutch. We are still having issues with the Hub dyno as the transmission isn't engaging in any other gear than the 1st. The last resort is disconnecting the ABS module. If this doesn't work then I will use a 4 wheel Mustang Dyno. So, stay tuned gentlemen... the saga never ends.............
Whoa, I didn’t know you were using a hub Dyno. I need to adjust my guess.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Whoa, I didn’t know you were using a hub Dyno. I need to adjust my guess.
I'm trying the Hub dyno for now and if it doesn't work then I will use a Mustang Dyno. I will let you guys know if I'm switching to the Mustang.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Gentlemen,
I'm waiting for Jamie's virginized ECU to recalibrate the tranny with the new AW's Clutch Assembly. I should have it done later this week. I have managed to book a Dyno with 4 wheel Mustang dyno soon afterward.

But in the meantime, I picked up my 1969 Porsche 912 which will keep the 1971 GTV company. Been looking for a clean 912 for a very long time. Original 80,000KMS and weighs just over 900kgs.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Gentlemen,
I'm waiting for Jamie's virginized ECU to recalibrate the tranny with the new AW's Clutch Assembly. I should have it done later this week. I have managed to book a Dyno with 4 wheel Mustang dyno soon afterward.

But in the meantime, I picked up my 1969 Porsche 912 which will keep the 1971 GTV company. Been looking for a clean 912 for a very long time. Original 80,000KMS and weighs just over 900kgs.
Just tell ME that I won the damn contest so you can give me your oem 4C spoiler as the prize and we can have a drink and discuss Alfa and old school Porsche's already!!!! SHEEEEEZZZzzzzzz :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Gentlemen,

That must be one of the cleanest 912‘s around.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Just received the Virginized ECU from Jamie. It's now at the shop and waiting to recalibrate the Tranny. If all works out then off to the Mustang Dyno. I'm holding my fingers and Balls crossed.

But in the meantime, looks like we will have a threesome next week. A little Ménage à trois
Picked up a mint 1974 Datsun 260Z. Some great cars are coming from Alberta, Canada.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,349 Posts
Hey Nimo, how's the body conversion project coming on your spider?
Haven't seen pictures yet. Or did I miss them?
Or, are you just so busy collecting cars that this has been pushed to the back burner?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yes to all of the above. Trying to buy one more before I take a break. Looking for a BMW 2002 with round taillights. Anyone selling 2002 please let me know. Don't care about the condition as likely will be customized to my liking.

·
Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Just received the Virginized ECU from Jamie. It's now at the shop and waiting to recalibrate the Tranny. If all works out then off to the Mustang Dyno. I'm holding my fingers and Balls crossed.

But in the meantime, looks like we will have a threesome next week. A little Ménage à trois
Picked up a mint 1974 Datsun 260Z. Some great cars are coming from Alberta, Canada.
Just don’t use the excuse of strangulated testicles....lol. Looking forward to the results. Good luck.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Ladies,
Finally the Dyno completed yesterday and attached results. Some highlights below;

Peak HP is at 6300 RPM, the reason is that Andy at Neetronics didn't want to push to 7200 RPM. The graph clearly shows the ascending power all the way and likely would have hit 360 WHP at 7200 RPM. Also, the torque would have reached near 325 ft/lb at the wheel if the boost was set higher than 23 lbs. The tuner wanted a reliable and conservative power. I would have wanted at least 26 lbs but not TODAY. Out of the three pulls, below is the best result. There were number of issues from the dyno run today such as boost not holding steady and had to change to manual boost control. There was minor issue with tranny which also stopped the dyno session only after 3 pulls. The conclusion is that another dyno session is required to complete this contest. I do plan on having another run at the Dyno in the next month or two.

I did drive the car after and believe me that this car is scary FAST!!!!!!! It pulls amazing on second and continues with third gear. There is some lag with first gear but second and third more than makes up for the lag. This is WHP and NOT Crank. This is probably one of the fastest 4C in Canada and maybe NA. The car weighs less than 2350 lbs wet and yes I did spin the wheel on second gear. The custom Carbon wing with Al up-bright should be completed next week. I will share more photos once completed. This car will be full time Time Attack weapon next year. Watch out Porsche GT3 RS.

Just over 23 lbs of boost
330 WHP at 6300 RPM
302 ft.lb of Wheel torque at 4600 RPM
Mustang 4 wheel Dyno

Mods:
  • Twin Scroll Garrett GTX 3071 Gen 2 T3 .82 A/R
  • GT Custom 50% larger intercooler
  • GT Custom Titanium intercooler piping
  • GT Custom Cold Air intake
  • Larger cc AlfaWorks Injectors
  • 3" GT Custom Titanium center exhaust with 400 Cell High Flow Cat
  • Titan Full forged wheels with lighter Torex Brake Discs
  • AlfaWorks Race ECU
  • Boost setting during dyno tuning at 23lb
  • GT Custom Twin Oil Catch system
  • Removed approx. 150 lbs (4C Diet)
Engine and Tranny:
  • AlfaWorks Forged Pistons
  • AlfaWorks Stage 2 Heads
  • Meth Injection
  • 105 Octane Fuel
  • AlfaWorks Carbon Kevlar Clutch Kit

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV
428 Posts
You getting to enjoy all this badassery is congrats enough, but honestly thank you for pushing (read: paying) the limits of the stock drivetrain (where no 4c owner has gone before?). 330/302 pushing 2,4##lbs sounds like perfect balance with the right tires.
Idk if you posted where/how you removed the 150lbs, can you spill? I'd love to rid that kind of pudge.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Those are some great results! congratulations on 330WHP that is nothing to sneeze at! With that weight, the car is probably super fast now.
If you planning on taking it to the track, have you thought about cooling upgrades?

61 - 80 of 90 Posts