Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,257 Posts
Ladies,
Finally the Dyno completed yesterday and attached results. Some highlights below;

Peak HP is at 6300 RPM, the reason is that Andy at Neetronics didn't want to push to 7200 RPM. The graph clearly shows the ascending power all the way and likely would have hit 360 WHP at 7200 RPM. Also, the torque would have reached near 325 ft/lb at the wheel if the boost was set higher than 23 lbs. The tuner wanted a reliable and conservative power. I would have wanted at least 26 lbs but not TODAY. Out of the three pulls, below is the best result. There were number of issues from the dyno run today such as boost not holding steady and had to change to manual boost control. There was minor issue with tranny which also stopped the dyno session only after 3 pulls. The conclusion is that another dyno session is required to complete this contest. I do plan on having another run at the Dyno in the next month or two.

I did drive the car after and believe me that this car is scary FAST!!!!!!! It pulls amazing on second and continues with third gear. There is some lag with first gear but second and third more than makes up for the lag. This is WHP and NOT Crank. This is probably one of the fastest 4C in Canada and maybe NA. The car weighs less than 2350 lbs wet and yes I did spin the wheel on second gear. The custom Carbon wing with Al up-bright should be completed next week. I will share more photos once completed. This car will be full time Time Attack weapon next year. Watch out Porsche GT3 RS.

Just over 23 lbs of boost
330 WHP at 6300 RPM
302 ft.lb of Wheel torque at 4600 RPM
Mustang 4 wheel Dyno

Mods:
  • Twin Scroll Garrett GTX 3071 Gen 2 T3 .82 A/R
  • GT Custom 50% larger intercooler
  • GT Custom Titanium intercooler piping
  • GT Custom Cold Air intake
  • Larger cc AlfaWorks Injectors
  • 3" GT Custom Titanium center exhaust with 400 Cell High Flow Cat
  • Titan Full forged wheels with lighter Torex Brake Discs
  • AlfaWorks Race ECU
  • Boost setting during dyno tuning at 23lb
  • GT Custom Twin Oil Catch system
  • Removed approx. 150 lbs (4C Diet)
Engine and Tranny:
  • AlfaWorks Forged Pistons
  • AlfaWorks Stage 2 Heads
  • Meth Injection
  • 105 Octane Fuel
  • AlfaWorks Carbon Kevlar Clutch Kit
Would it be possible to obtain a 100-200 kph time?

·
Registered
67 Posts
The conclusion is that another dyno session is required to complete this contest. I do plan on having another run at the Dyno in the next month or two.
Looks like the numbers will climb once he is able to rev it out at the next dyno run

Reactions: 4C-ophe

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Would it be possible to obtain a 100-200 kph time?
Yes, next year. It's Sht weather in Toronto now.

Regarding who won the contest, I wanted to wait for the next Dyno pull before deciding as current results don't fully reflect what the true number should be. I do want to increase the boost to 26 lbs and hit a higher Redline. I do think 350 WHP and 320 Peak Torque are very doable as you can see on the Dyno Graph.

Regarding the weight reduction, please find the results from my post called 4C on a Diet.

There are no cooling issues with my set up, I have increased air circulation via side vent piping. I highly recommend a larger intercooler to provide better and consistent performance.

Anyone wanting a safe reliable power, I think going through with my upgrade is a great solution. Alfaworks has some great upgrades to get you there. I do have plans on doing a motor and tranny transplant as my ultimate goal is over 500WHP and similar torque and ONLY way to get there is with a transplant. There are limitations with our 1.75L motor even with stroking it, you will NOT get to 400 WHP. Stroking the crank will only get you another 20 to 25 more horses. In addition, you will destroy your valve train at this limit as well.

I'm contemplating selling the powertrain in the near future as I'm seriously considering a crate motor LS3 swap with a T56 tranny. LS3: 530 whp and 475 torque. Anyone serious and interested in the powertrain please PM me.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Maybe you will get lucky and get a few days of dry weather to test the car this year. I believe that everyone is interested in 100-200 figures and some videos with the car accelerating.
Dyno is just a dyno: it doesn't tell much.
We are also curious on how the transmission is coping with all the extra power and torque: On the dyno is one thing and on the street or track it's another. Adding slicks and tracking the car raises significantly the stress on the gearbox.

I really hope that in your quest for 500 whp you will have some opportunities to test the car and show the results. I'm sure that your car is among the fastest 4c out there.

Pogea is saying that he achieved some high numbers with nemesis projects but I never saw any proof of that. I wonder why we didn't saw any movie with the car accelerating --> Maybe his cars are tested on the dyno with a high boost level and on the street they are turned down so not achieving something notable.

So ... looking forward for some new "data" and good luck!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I've decided to wait for my follow up Dyno. Please wait for an update.

·
Registered
125 Posts
@Nimo did you ever post a picture of the turbo manifold GT made for you?

I was at my supplier today and he knows I have a 4C and he showed me a pic of the manifold GT made for you....at least I think it was made for you.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts