Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my local alfa dealer mentioned one of the most purchased parts for the 4C is seat covers - apparently the leather gets worn through pretty quickly - which got me thinking I'd like to order a set of tobacco seat covers to replace the stock covers that came with the car. (I call it cover, but I'm talking about the actual leather on the seat, not a separate aftermarket cover to drape over the seat).

So I asked the parts department and they of course asked for the VIN number, which will only show the car as black seats lol. Anyone have experience with purchasing seats or the covers from Alfa directly?

·
Registered
402 Posts
So my local alfa dealer mentioned one of the most purchased parts for the 4C is seat covers - apparently the leather gets worn through pretty quickly - which got me thinking I'd like to order a set of tobacco seat covers to replace the stock covers that came with the car. (I call it cover, but I'm talking about the actual leather on the seat, not a separate aftermarket cover to drape over the seat).

So I asked the parts department and they of course asked for the VIN number, which will only show the car as black seats lol. Anyone have experience with purchasing seats or the covers from Alfa directly?
Yes you can order seats.

I recently asked at my local dealership.
I had originally asked for the leather seat covers only, due to wear, as they were listed as a separate part number.

After a search at the parts department, I was told that seat covers are no longer available and that the whole seat must be purchased at a price of $7400.00 AUD each.

I thought I'd rather buy a set of Llagos Recaro Pole Position ABEs in any custom colour delivered for less at €3270 with custom rails plus shipping €1200 to Australia. They have amazing workmanship.

But I got spooked by the picture of a Recaro Pole Position next to the OEM seat (see below). Our seats are so tiny in comparison.

Also as they are non OEM seats with custom seat rails, you technically need to get an engineer certificate for compliance.

So in the end I bought a used local driver seat off eBay picked it up and and reupholstered it. My relatively unworn original seat is now in storage.

OCD much?

I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has been able to order the leather seat covers separately.....

4c seat.jpg

164241797_2246667688801389_6808551017646185420_n.jpg
119456341_2067531313381695_6390581500446710748_n.jpg
20170825_205221_resized.jpg
IMG_9636.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes you can order seats.

I recently asked at my local dealership.
I had originally asked for the covers only, due to wear, as they were listed as a separate part number.

After a search at the parts department, I was told that seat covers are no longer available and that the whole seat must be purchased at a price of $7400.00 AUD each.

I thought I'd rather buy a set of Llagos Recaro Pole positions in any custom colour delivered for less.
damn what a rip off!

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
253 Posts
Wonder if the L/R seat covers can be swapped if you actually start to show some wear. Jeans with rivets, ass zippers, etc stay away.

·
Registered
283 Posts
As far as I'm aware you could never buy just the leather and always had to buy the full seats, ironically enough I do have a pair of tobacco seats that have been sitting for a year or so now

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As far as I'm aware you could never buy just the leather and always had to buy the full seats, ironically enough I do have a pair of tobacco seats that have been sitting for a year or so now

would you be open to discussing a price for them?

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
You can buy just the covers FYI. $2,245 (total) for both driver and passenger leather covers in Tobacco is what I was told by someone thinking about doing it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts