Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Let me just start off by saying I Absolutely Love the lights on the 4C. Having read all the comments about the headlights and how terrible or arachnoid they look I found it quite interesting when I came across this picture.

All of a sudden I am not hearing a word about how cheap, terrible they look at all. Is it maybe because the price tag of this baby is sitting at around 2mil dollars and a 3 year waiting period?

Just some food for thought ;)

·
Registered
858 Posts
As I commented on other threads.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of Flattery."

Love my Polished Carbonfibre Headlights (LED lights are off-the-shelf Hella LEDayFlex).
:heart:

What is this model Prince Nero??

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I know someone who owns a Zonda. They have to fly to the UK to drive it as they aren't road legal in Australia. Fierce pieces of machinery.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is actually a Pagani Huayra. Absolutely awesome machine! :thumbs: :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I also really like the 4C headlights having seen them at Goodwood, as mentioned before they look striking and expensive in the carbon fibre surround, as long as they are effective as Xenons as I've not had a car with LED headlights before

·
Registered
24 Posts
Prince Nero said:
Hi guys,

Let me just start off by saying I Absolutely Love the lights on the 4C. Having read all the comments about the headlights and how terrible or arachnoid they look I found it quite interesting when I came across this picture.

All of a sudden I am not hearing a word about how cheap, terrible they look at all. Is it maybe because the price tag of this baby is sitting at around 2mil dollars and a 3 year waiting period?

No, those Hurryryriya lights are just as hilariously horrible as the 4Cs, if not more so. I find your culinary skills unappetizing. ;P

And the Pagani did those lights first. The worst thing on that car. Didn't like the Zonda's either.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Abraxis said:
Prince Nero said:
Hi guys,

No, those Hurryryriya lights are just as hilariously horrible as the 4Cs, if not more so. I find your culinary skills unappetizing. ;P

And the Pagani did those lights first. The worst thing on that car. Didn't like the Zonda's either.
You are one of the few....but to each his own! Just to understand why would you buy the future "stradale" version of the 4C if you hate the lights so much and there are so many things on the car that you don't like?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My sentiments exactly. ;) Lets just face it, It Is A Love Hate Relationship and fortunately for me, I Love it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
deppi0 said:
Abraxis said:
Prince Nero said:
Hi guys,

You are one of the few....but to each his own! Just to understand why would you buy the future "stradale" version of the 4C if you hate the lights so much and there are so many things on the car that you don't like?
What are the 'so many things' that you refer to?

The lights, I know how to mitigate their overall impact on the look of the car. The weight I assume will be improved w/ the Stradale, we've been down this road before you and I. Steering wheel I can change myself, same for the ridiculous parrot headunit. Apart from some of the cheap 20 year old Fiat bits, the rest is fine.

No car is perfect, there is always room for improvement. I know, I have five of them (none of which are bone stock). My sense of love is pragmatic and romantic, not deluded. ;)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Good luck with the weight being improved for Stradale.. It suspect power will just be upped.

A track only version might see improved weight (if that is the Stradale version then yes it will see a weight improvement)

Why would you want change the parrot unit? Radio shouldnt be on in an Alfa to start with..lol

As for the headlight debate. I love the lights so definitely wont change them :)

But to each his own

·
Registered
642 Posts
Because unlike you I dont have the urge or need to change a car to "improve" it.

You might want to put in a HU to do xyz for you. And thats fine. I dont see the need to change it or remove it (whether I will be using it or not).

I would like to keep my Launch Edition stock bone standard. If you feel you have to mod your car by all means do that, if I feel the need to keep the car as is then leave me to do so. Simple really..

Anyways, back on topic. What exactly are you planning to do with the headlights?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Perreby said:
Anyways, back on topic. What exactly are you planning to do with the headlights?
I will turn them on when it's dark ;-)
[hr]
Abraxis said:
deppi0 said:
Abraxis said:
Prince Nero said:
Hi guys,

What are the 'so many things' that you refer to?

The lights, I know how to mitigate their overall impact on the look of the car. The weight I assume will be improved w/ the Stradale, we've been down this road before you and I. Steering wheel I can change myself, same for the ridiculous parrot headunit. Apart from some of the cheap 20 year old Fiat bits, the rest is fine.

No car is perfect, there is always room for improvement. I know, I have five of them (none of which are bone stock). My sense of love is pragmatic and romantic, not deluded. ;)
This is where we are very different; I buy something I really like as it is...If I can customize it a bit I would but I wouldn't buy something thinking it will be good after I have improved it.
Anyway to each his own and me and you obviously disagree on this :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Abraxis said:
Steering wheel I can change myself, same for the ridiculous parrot headunit.
Steering wheel yes. Parrot headunit I'm not so sure. Take a look at the dimensions of the Parrot. It's a very shallow unit and I fear that it was selected purely for this reason. I haven't been bothered to look for an alternate, but you may want to and let us all know what options are available... If not you, then I'm sure virulsweet will be willing ;)

In terms of headlights. Well I've just had a brainwave. We all know how much Nan/Granny/Nonna loves to knit, so why don't those that dislike the headlights get their respective grandmother to knit them a light cover? I've attached a pic of a knitted bicycle seat cover to act as inspiration.

Now to solve world peace.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Perreby said:
I would like to keep my Launch Edition stock bone standard. If you feel you have to mod your car by all means do that, if I feel the need to keep the car as is then leave me to do so. Simple really..
Lol! What's up with your snarky comment at the end? Where did I say you weren't free to do whatever you want, including leaving it alone? Please show me the post(s). Weren't you the one that jokingly said Alfa's don't have radios? It seems to me some folks here are hyper sensitive that I might change any damn thing on this car to my tastes asking me to explain myself and my preferences every other post. You can never improve without criticism, so leave me to offer my thoughts w/o further harassment and then turning around to play some victim. As you say, to each their own so how about you embrace a little diversity of opinion.

This is the second time you seem to have a problem with the idea that someone could find any fault w/ the 4C or any room for improvement. Do you work for Alfa or something?

I don't know if it's the look of the headlights, but I'm starting to get a sense that there is some sort of hive mentality going on. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts