Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,569 Posts
Hi everyone!

A quick introduction.....I have been the proud owner of a 2016 Coupe since last October and thought it was about time I joined a dedicated forum for this little monster of a car.

You read the title correctly, my 4C cost me £20! I was in work one afternoon and a colleague was showing me one of those online raffle sites who happened to have a 4C up for grabs. Long story short i bought a ticket and 4hrs later had a call informing me I had won! I still find myself pinching myself every time I step/drop/plonk myself into the 4C.

I was the owner of a Mustang GT when the 4C came along and crikey what a different experience the small turbo charged 4C is compared to the V8 of the Mustang! I built a kitcar about 10yrs ago which had a 1.8 turbo charged engine but ever since that all my cars have been 6 cylinders or more....i had forgotten how fun small engined turbo cars were!

The 4C came with military green wrap (black underneath) on it which i had planned to have removed as soon as i took delivery of it. However......in person it doesn't look too bad and as i'm using it as a daily at the moment so the wrap comes in handy for paint protection during the miserable winter weather we have here in wales. The plan was to remove the wrap, full detail/paint correction, rectify some small niggles with the car and then garage it and only bring it out during dry/nice weather. Keep the mileage down and treat it as a future investment............................BUT, and it's a big BUT.....it's so damn enjoyable to drive i'd find it hard restricting the mileage done in it. Add the fact that it only cost me £20 then any value 'lost' due to higher mileage (it's currenlty on 22k) or wear and tear really doesn't bother me.

So yeah, hi from the newest member to the 4C fold!
View attachment 138884
How to piss us all off in one quick post. 😉😂 I consider myself lucky not to be run over at my local roundabout. Great to hear somebody wins these things. Congratulations. Enjoy your win.

· Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Hi everyone!

A quick introduction.....I have been the proud owner of a 2016 Coupe since last October and thought it was about time I joined a dedicated forum for this little monster of a car.

You read the title correctly, my 4C cost me £20! I was in work one afternoon and a colleague was showing me one of those online raffle sites who happened to have a 4C up for grabs. Long story short i bought a ticket and 4hrs later had a call informing me I had won! I still find myself pinching myself every time I step/drop/plonk myself into the 4C.

I was the owner of a Mustang GT when the 4C came along and crikey what a different experience the small turbo charged 4C is compared to the V8 of the Mustang! I built a kitcar about 10yrs ago which had a 1.8 turbo charged engine but ever since that all my cars have been 6 cylinders or more....i had forgotten how fun small engined turbo cars were!

The 4C came with military green wrap (black underneath) on it which i had planned to have removed as soon as i took delivery of it. However......in person it doesn't look too bad and as i'm using it as a daily at the moment so the wrap comes in handy for paint protection during the miserable winter weather we have here in wales. The plan was to remove the wrap, full detail/paint correction, rectify some small niggles with the car and then garage it and only bring it out during dry/nice weather. Keep the mileage down and treat it as a future investment............................BUT, and it's a big BUT.....it's so damn enjoyable to drive i'd find it hard restricting the mileage done in it. Add the fact that it only cost me £20 then any value 'lost' due to higher mileage (it's currenlty on 22k) or wear and tear really doesn't bother me.

So yeah, hi from the newest member to the 4C fold!
View attachment 138884
Yes, more of your own photographs in its new home environment please.

· Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Put the car in R mode and first screen is a g meter. Like comment says....above ignore it! A 4c commands you to drive it while keeping your eyes on the road....don't want to end up in a someone's landscaping ;-) on the same R mode there are additional useful screens with lots of real information. Don't know why they chose the useless g meter screen as default.
Any traits you don't like are easily changed...lots here about that.
And yes...a 4c is a real attention getter..we all have stories about that.
Looking for more photos and stories. That looks like a good job on the wrap and done correctly.
RK, please check your DMs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts