Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I own a 2015 4C coupe in black with red interior. Really learned to appreciate the brand based on my experience with my 2017 Giulia Ti Sport. Being born in Italy I like to say that there are now 3 full blooded Italians living in the house. Looking forward to interacting with forum.

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bklenter. Black over red coupé is a really hot spec. What is your 3rd Italian stallion?

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Welcome, and congratulations on the 4C.
We like pictures here - hint hint!

Enjoy.

@Rainier G , I think HE is the third Italian Stallion.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
119 Posts
@Bklenster

I am in Madison NJ and there seems to be a good group of drivers in NJ and eastern PA. Hope to see you and your 4c soon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome all. Just picked up my 4C from the dealer. Had the 5 year major service done. Will be spending a few hours this weekend doing a full detail which I’m sure will make it like 1% shinier than me doing nothing😀 Will take some photos and post after the makeover.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Could you confirm what was done as 5 years service and if you were inclined to do so, share how much it cost? Thee have been many threads with people frustrated at the money quoted for bolt tightening and timing belt.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Welcome to the tri-state lools like we are building in numbers . Please come out to alfa avents @Philster posts meets often

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I own a 2015 4C coupe in black with red interior. Really learned to appreciate the brand based on my experience with my 2017 Giulia Ti Sport. Being born in Italy I like to say that there are now 3 full blooded Italians living in the house. Looking forward to interacting with forum.
Ciao!

I live north of Philly and road trip in Lehigh, Bucks, Chester and Lancaster Counties in PA; I can also be found along various shore points from Long Beach Island down to Cape May.

I hope to organize a meet up in the Lehigh Valley or Carbon County. PA trumps NJ for roads!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the board. I am in Brooklyn and my 5 year service is also due. Where was it done? How much did it costs?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi. Here is a photo as promised.
Hi. Also meant to post this youtube link.

I reached out to a Kentucky dealer to get some information on the service they performed. The gentleman I spoke to said, " I remember that car, it had a bright green wrap on it." I replied, thankfully back to black now, though I say rock on to the owner who wrapped it, dress it the way you like it and enjoy. I got curious about what a green 4C would look like and found this video. Thought, could this be my very car,? Sure enough, it had all the custom touches in all the same places, flags, custom radio, custom script decals and custom blue lettering on engine cover(I painted them red again.). At least I have a cool back story to my car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the board. I am in Brooklyn and my 5 year service is also due. Where was it done? How much did it costs?
Hi. Providing some information on my 5 year service as it seems many members are curious as they are close to needing.

Firstly, I will tell you that pricing will vary greatly from dealer to dealer. This for me always seems to be an expensive lesson for me.

I was using a dealer in northern NJ for several years as I was not happy with my NY dealer where I bought my Giulia new. Given that the 5 year service is so expensive, I decided to cross shop a few dealers. It turned out that the dealer I was using is massively more expensive and in my view was dishonest with me. Other dealers all stated serpentine belt service is included with cost of timing belt change. I raised this the dealer I was using and they insisted it is an additional charge to the tune of $550. Turns out brake flush and oil changes were priced 1.5-2.5 times what I paid at the new dealer.

I will detail the cost of what I did and provide the price I paid. In short, with tax, there was ~$2K savings from my previous dealer quote. I was very happy with the dealer I used as they were professional and provided me a Stelvio(gas and tolls included..wow) to use while they had my car. I used Fullerton Alfa Romeo in NJ and my Edward was my service advise, real nice guy.

Oil change - 209
Engine air filter -109
Brake fluid flush - 169 (previous dealer was $400+...glad I only had done 1 with them)
Timing belt service, includes Serpentine Belt, Water Pump, Coolant etc... 2350

I asked them to keep the old belts for my inspection. I was like hmm, they look pretty good. Was hoping they looked like on last leg so I could feel better about having spent the money...but I have piece of mind:) My car has 21K miles on it and based on the lack of where I may stretch this service out a bit next go as it seems like time may be more of a factor than miles. Some maybe 6 or so years on the next go.

I did not do a bolt tighten this go as plan to do at around 25 or 30K. Most of what I read is that most bolts end up being at spec or very close when the service is done. Did not hear of anyone stating bolts were in a precarious state.

Hope this helps....though I feel like this may belong on a different thread.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Thanks, could you let us know the name of this very fairly priced dealer? I'm in CT and i could contemplate driving down to NJ or long island or thereabout to save a few thousand bucks

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
Welcome to 4C ownership. I have to say that your car unwrapped is much nicer looking now. Looking forward to more pictures and stories.

·
Registered
15 Posts
welcome to 4C owner ship, will be looking out for you on the roads. I am Located in North Jersey and would love to get a road trip with more 4C's I do a cars and café in my area and I am the only 4C there to date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
welcome to 4C owner ship, will be looking out for you on the roads. I am Located in North Jersey and would love to get a road trip with more 4C's I do a cars and café in my area and I am the only 4C there to date.
Thanks AlfaDog5. Hopefully folks bringing their cars out of hibernation. Would definitely be interested in doing an event if we can assemble a bunch of cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts