Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2015 LE Madreperla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Find these forums extremely helpful and a great source of information. As a fan of the 4C I finally found the model I wanted; a pristine MadrePerla, Launch Edition (#282) with less then 17,000Km. I'm a proud new Poppa!
As a previous Alfa owner - I had a '83 GTV6 2.5L, I wanted to become reacquainted with the brand. Something I remember so much was how fun the car was to drive. And, the 4C delivers the same type of excitement - even more!
The one thing I've always found a bit frustrating though, was the lack of aftermarket suppliers in Canada (or Ontario for that matter). I've been looking for some CF accessories - front splitter and shark wings to be exact - and I've noted that they are only available from vendors in the US, which means I am stuck with duty and shipping costs for everything. Quite frustrating really.
I am wondering if anyone knows of any reputable shops in Canada that sell accessories? I'm talking about a Canadian version of Madness Autoworks, or an Alfa9Supply.
I have talked to the Dealer (Maranello Alfa in Woodbridge) but they are in a similar situation and would need to order in anything outside of what they can't access thru the manufacturer.
Thanks so much for your help and keep posting!
Best,
Chris

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Thank you for introducing yourself Chris, we are glad to have you here. Your 4C sounds sounds great, and we look forward to seeing some pictures.

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
Welcome and congratulations, Chris. There are quite a few Canadians who frequent the forum including our own Canadian Moderator, 4Canada. They’ll likely know of any Canadian shops.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Welcome to the family, Chris!

I'm from a couple of hours west of you down the 401. But made my original purchase from your dealership (long before anyone in Canada other than perhaps Remo Ferri had ever seen a 4C in person).

As for aftermarket support, other than for a few fairly basic things we are stuck with importing from the US or Europe. There are some OZ wheel dealers in Canada, and a few brake pad distributors of product that fits OEM. The tow-hook-mounted license plate bracket that many of us use and US vendors sell, actually comes from Rho-Plate in Richmond BC.

The good news, however, is that Alfa has some really great enthusiast vendors in the US and Europe. From small shops which manufacture and sell, to retailers who source materials from around the globe. Dealing with Matt at Alfa 9 Supply. Joe at Centerline, Eric at Madness, Toby at Eurocompulsion, Jamie at Alfa Workshop, or Rudi at GMS is a real treat, because they know the cars inside and out, the applications, and the best products for your needs.

Best of luck with the new car, and enjoy the early spring weather. Once this plague has ended, perhaps we will cross paths!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. Find these forums extremely helpful and a great source of information. As a fan of the 4C I finally found the model I wanted; a pristine MadrePerla, Launch Edition (#282) with less then 17,000Km. I'm a proud new Poppa!
As a previous Alfa owner - I had a '83 GTV6 2.5L, I wanted to become reacquainted with the brand. Something I remember so much was how fun the car was to drive. And, the 4C delivers the same type of excitement - even more!
The one thing I've always found a bit frustrating though, was the lack of aftermarket suppliers in Canada (or Ontario for that matter). I've been looking for some CF accessories - front splitter and shark wings to be exact - and I've noted that they are only available from vendors in the US, which means I am stuck with duty and shipping costs for everything. Quite frustrating really.
I am wondering if anyone knows of any reputable shops in Canada that sell accessories? I'm talking about a Canadian version of Madness Autoworks, or an Alfa9Supply.
I have talked to the Dealer (Maranello Alfa in Woodbridge) but they are in a similar situation and would need to order in anything outside of what they can't access thru the manufacturer.
Thanks so much for your help and keep posting!
Best,
Chris
Hi Chris

Welcome to the 4C world and the GTA crowd.

See you around :)

·
Registered
2015 LE Madreperla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the family, Chris!

I'm from a couple of hours west of you down the 401. But made my original purchase from your dealership (long before anyone in Canada other than perhaps Remo Ferri had ever seen a 4C in person).

As for aftermarket support, other than for a few fairly basic things we are stuck with importing from the US or Europe. There are some OZ wheel dealers in Canada, and a few brake pad distributors of product that fits OEM. The tow-hook-mounted license plate bracket that many of us use and US vendors sell, actually comes from Rho-Plate in Richmond BC.

The good news, however, is that Alfa has some really great enthusiast vendors in the US and Europe. From small shops which manufacture and sell, to retailers who source materials from around the globe. Dealing with Matt at Alfa 9 Supply. Joe at Centerline, Eric at Madness, Toby at Eurocompulsion, Jamie at Alfa Workshop, or Rudi at GMS is a real treat, because they know the cars inside and out, the applications, and the best products for your needs.

Best of luck with the new car, and enjoy the early spring weather. Once this plague has ended, perhaps we will cross paths!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I look forward to some great weather and some great drives!

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 4C LE owner. Bought mine new and love it more every day I drive it. Pictures and stories expected once the Canadian weather gets more "humane". I am in Michigan so our Winters are over quicker. I took mine out of hibernation the end of February.

·
Registered
2015 LE Madreperla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from a fellow 4C LE owner. Bought mine new and love it more every day I drive it. Pictures and stories expected once the Canadian weather gets more "humane". I am in Michigan so our Winters are over quicker. I took mine out of hibernation the end of February.
You got it!! Thanks!

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
119 Posts
Chris - welcome aboard I recently joined up as well, along with my 2020 spider. I still have a gtv6 and you are right, the 4c and the gtv6 share that Alfa-ness despite 30 years from the last gtv6 sold in the US to the first 4c, and the vast differences in platform and the overall capability. Both require that you understand how to drive them to go fast and don’t tolerate imprecision - gearbox with the gtv6, managing momentum and getting the car to rotate - while I am still learning the 4c - managing the power band and ensuring the car doesn’t rotate too far, things happen fast. Both manual steering, make great sounds, and mostly you feel everything that’s happening. It’s not a mini Ferrari or a c8/cayman alternative or expensive Miata. It’s an Alfa. A modern throwback that connects to a 147GTA, South African 3.0 gtv6, street GTA or Ti super, Guilietta Sprint Veloce, TZ, 1900 CSS. And I felt at home from mile 1.

One of the great things about this BB is a mix of Alfa Die Hards and guys that have other distinguished cool cars, and many as well that don’t have fleets and DD their little beast. Plus drivers from all over the world. It’s a great mix.

Keep the front ahead of the back, Peter

·
Registered
2015 LE Madreperla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chris - welcome aboard I recently joined up as well, along with my 2020 spider. I still have a gtv6 and you are right, the 4c and the gtv6 share that Alfa-ness despite 30 years from the last gtv6 sold in the US to the first 4c, and the vast differences in platform and the overall capability. Both require that you understand how to drive them to go fast and don’t tolerate imprecision - gearbox with the gtv6, managing momentum and getting the car to rotate - while I am still learning the 4c - managing the power band and ensuring the car doesn’t rotate too far, things happen fast. Both manual steering, make great sounds, and mostly you feel everything that’s happening. It’s not a mini Ferrari or a c8/cayman alternative or expensive Miata. It’s an Alfa. A modern throwback that connects to a 147GTA, South African 3.0 gtv6, street GTA or Ti super, Guilietta Sprint Veloce, TZ, 1900 CSS. And I felt at home from mile 1.

One of the great things about this BB is a mix of Alfa Die Hards and guys that have other distinguished cool cars, and many as well that don’t have fleets and DD their little beast. Plus drivers from all over the world. It’s a great mix.

Keep the front ahead of the back, Peter
Would love to see some pics of the GTV6!! I am still looking for one...always regretted selling it.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
119 Posts
Would love to see some pics of the GTV6!! I am still looking for one...always regretted selling it.
some pics of the gtv6 in the shop, not the wheels that will go on it though, will be using a set of braid fullrace C 15x8 in gold, and the bumpers will be tucked in as well for a cleaner look. Original 1982 paint and interior, NOS 3.0 crate engine from Alfa stock except for ceramic coated original shankle headers, platinum LSD 4:10 transaxle with lightened gears, 25mm torsion bars so it’s a street car, koni, SZ metal joint watts links in back, mechanically rebuilt/refurbished/replaced from front to back every bushing, joint, hose, caliper, alternator, lightweight starter except for the exhaust. Only abortion is speakers, will require replacing or refinishing door cards and rear deck cover.

will post up pics of the 4C soon, it is in the detail shop for PPF and ceramic now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts