Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm an Audi enthusiast in the Los Angeles area yet the 4C has really captured my attention. Looking forward to following the forums here. Not sure if I should place an order ASAP or wait for the Stradale version. I am hoping that more details will be available on the forums soon.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello DrG
I have owned Alfas for nearly 30 years. I do no thave a real good impression as to how Alfa will do with their return. If I were you I would not hold out for the Stradale. I hope Alfa is here to stay, but...
I am waiting to get more info as to how to get on the buyers list.
Until then enjoy your Audis. They are technically interesting cars.
Dino

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome DrG. Always great to have people intrigued by Alfa Romeo in particular the 4C join our forum. The Stradale will be awesome but for me, the LE is the one to have. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi to everyone. I have owned many Italian cars over the years and really love the Italian brand Alfa Romeo. They not only make great cars but also have a rich racing history going back 100 years. The Autodelta years are my favorite, although we could debate Chiti's ability to manage a race team properly.

Your forum seems to be very informed on the 4C and Alfa's future plans. I really hope Alfa races the 4C like they have alluded to.

Keep the information flowing!!

Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2014-late March 2014

·
Registered
502 Posts
Welcome F1Tommy. You are definitely in the right company here. Awesome to have you on board.

·
Registered
26 Posts
F1Tommy said:
Hi to everyone. I have owned many Italian cars over the years and really love the Italian brand Alfa Romeo. They not only make great cars but also have a rich racing history going back 100 years. The Autodelta years are my favorite, although we could debate Chiti's ability to manage a race team properly.
Tom Tanner/Ferrari Expo 2014-late March 2014
Sadly, you have to go back very long time to find the last great groundbreaking Alfa. For the last 50 years they've built a number of beautiful cars but they've all been flawed on some level. It's almost like one of the defining things of an Alfa Romeo is that it has to possess at least one critically annoying flaw.

Take my 147GTA for example...Great to look at. Beautiful Momo leather interior. Probably one of the best and most charismatic mass production engines ever made in truly brilliant 3.2L Arese V6. But...wayward handling...unpredicable torque steer...intolerable ride...turning circle of an aircraft carrier. You could forgive it because it had character in spades...but you could never consider it to be a "good car", just an "interesting one". I still wish I owned it but it was difficult to live with.

Alfa lovers are all masochists. It's a prerequisite. The 4C will probably be the same. I still want it badly though.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I am expecting the 4C to have the looks of an angel and the performance of el diablo. Read into that what you want ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts