Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello and welcome.
That sounds interesting.
Care to share some pictures of it?
We like pictures - of any Alfa, really!
[/ЦИТАТА]
Installation of the 4C engine. Sorry, everything is in Russian.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome!!! Not sure where you're located, but I'm in the USA and sadly we do not have the Brera. Honestly though, its the car that really introduced me to the brand and I'd love to import one.

Id love to have one for a daily driver with a V6 and AWD.

Reactions: SouthWaterXRS

·
Registered
994 Posts
Welcome Panay,

You are in the right place to expand your 4C appetite.

Cheers,

Alf.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,451 Posts
Welcome....you won't have buyers remorse if you get a 4C !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys.
Can someone help me?
A friend of Alfa Romeo's Brera TBI, his engine broke, he installed a 4C engine and a downpipe without catalyst. Can you remap, ECU MED17.3.1? He has a K-TAG. He has already opened his ECU and read the stock firmware. He himself tried to adjust the calibration and maps, but he could not get the volume of consumed air more than 840 kg / h.

Can I send you the ORI and MOD firmware file so you can modify or check it?

Can you make MED17.3.3 work well for Brera? And are all systems ABS, VDC, etc. will work and there will be no errors? And all systems connected to the CAN bus will work?
It needs a maximum power output of about 290-320 hp.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,568 Posts
Hi guys.
Can someone help me?
A friend of Alfa Romeo's Brera TBI, his engine broke, he installed a 4C engine and a downpipe without catalyst. Can you remap, ECU MED17.3.1? He has a K-TAG. He has already opened his ECU and read the stock firmware. He himself tried to adjust the calibration and maps, but he could not get the volume of consumed air more than 840 kg / h.

Can I send you the ORI and MOD firmware file so you can modify or check it?

Can you make MED17.3.3 work well for Brera? And are all systems ABS, VDC, etc. will work and there will be no errors? And all systems connected to the CAN bus will work?
It needs a maximum power output of about 290-320 hp.

Thanks!
I don’t know of many tuners who are regularly on here Panay. Surely you’d be better off buying a tune rather than mucking around with fueling, mixture and boost codes if you don’t know what you are doing. Lots of terminal damage can happen if things aren’t done right. Any tuner on here would probably want to sell a tune anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I don’t know of many tuners who are regularly on here Panay. Surely you’d be better off buying a tune rather than mucking around with fueling, mixture and boost codes if you don’t know what you are doing. Lots of terminal damage can happen if things aren’t done right. Any tuner on here would probably want to sell a tune anyway.
Thanks.
Yes, we are ready to buy a tune.
Are there any tuners ready to tune ECU MED17.3.1 but for 4C engine with increased power?
Can I offer in exchange for a remap, Funktionsrahmen Bosch MED17.3.3.

·
Super Moderator
1,252 Posts
Hello.
I'm new, I don't have a 4C yet, but I have a 4C engine in Alfa Brera.
Здравствуйте, не могли бы вы выложить фото Brera с двигателем 4C?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here, a little higher I laid out the installation steps.
Or do you need more detailed photos?

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
It just occurred to me that the 4C ECU is expecting to communicate with the BCM (body control module) and perhaps a few other computer modules. You'll probably need third party engine managment system that can work independently without other computers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We have an ECU stock from Brera TBI, MED17.3.1. On this ECU, the 4C engine is running and working. No problems with BCM, ABS and other CAN bus systems.
You need to make a tune in block MED17.3.1 but for the 4C engine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts