Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone knows if there's an issue with fuel pumps on the LE's?

After about 300 miles I've started to hear this faint high pitched ringing sound in the cabin. I thought I was getting tinnitus, until I asked if my girlfriend heard it. She also said what is that sound?? It's faint but annoying. I found this thread and sounds like this person had the same issue.

Anyone had a high pitch whining noise?

I googled fuel pump going bad and the sound is the same but not as bad as some of the videos. Same High pitched ringing sound

·
Administrator
18,504 Posts
I have that too, but in my case it's with me every waking moment and it is tinnitus, if that makes you feel any better. I probably wouldn't be able to distinguish this type of noise originating from outside my head to the one inside. Hope you get your issue resolved.
You too, eh?

I SAID: "YOU TOO, EH?"
:grin2:

Same here.
I fear that driving the 4C with racing exhaust isn't going to help us any, either!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Yup, the phone's always ringing in my head.

Do you and your lady hear the noise after you turn off the engine? Or only while the engine is running? What I'm getting at is the 4C is raw enough that after a good run, it can leave a ringing in your ears.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have high pitch sound when it rains. Comes from Alpine headunit (through speakers of course) which probably was installed by some idiots and wired incorrectly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup, the phone's always ringing in my head.

Do you and your lady hear the noise after you turn off the engine? Or only while the engine is running? What I'm getting at is the 4C is raw enough that after a good run, it can leave a ringing in your ears.
You can basically only hear the ringing sound when the car is idling. As soon as I turn the car off it goes away. It just started early this week, and was definitely not there for the first 300 or so miles. Having a bit of ringing in my left ear from playing in punk bands earlier in my days, i thought it was getting worse until I figured out it was the car and my girlfriend actually hears it. It's not bad but very annoying!

It's some kind of frequency ring going on because depending on which way my head turns it will be loud or actually mute. Super weird!!

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
To turn the A/C off fully, tap the A/C switch so the orange light goes off. Then turn the fan knob to the off position.

If the A/C is on, the fan will run slowly even if the fan knob is off.

There are other things that can make a high pitched whine. The alternator in my truck whines constantly, and it's a new unit. When I turn on the headlamps, the whine gets louder.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Switch the fan off on the control unit under the dash and the air con off and see if it goes.
To turn the A/C off fully, tap the A/C switch so the orange light goes off. Then turn the fan knob to the off position.

If the A/C is on, the fan will run slowly even if the fan knob is off.

There are other things that can make a high pitched whine. The alternator in my truck whines constantly, and it's a new unit. When I turn on the headlamps, the whine gets louder.
Checked the fan and A/C. With everything off the ring is still there, soft buy annoying. hmmm... It's has to be something in the engine compartment. Could there be a slight air leak in a hose or something? I almost think it gets louder as the engine revs, but hard to tell because the air/trubo starts making a noise then gets drowned out.

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
5,708 Posts
Last thing to look for...turn off the radio. My 4C has no problem but my old Chevy full size Van radio picks up some electronic noise. Whine winds up as the engine increases RPM. My Van didn't have that problem until the last year or two. Probably ignition noise. It is not loud so I can live with it...but it is there. The Van is a 2001.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Last thing to look for...turn off the radio. My 4C has no problem but my old Chevy full size Van radio picks up some electronic noise. Whine winds up as the engine increases RPM. My Van didn't have that problem until the last year or two. Probably ignition noise. It is not loud so I can live with it...but it is there. The Van is a 2001.
Thanks for the serious reply RKBerta. Seems like there are some immature people on this forum. Just put the car key to on and had the radio on and put the fan on and no ringing sound. I started up the car and the ringing started, took out the radio and turned fan off and still rings as the car is idle. It's definitely something in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Dukie I found the noise!!

Your mom (dukie) is sucking on my left nut sack while RacerZ's mom is sucking my right nut sack and as they are both sucking my balls there heads kept rubbing against each other causing this stupid ringing sound. Who knew my daily blowjob from both of your moms would be the problem. I should have looked down and smacked both of your moms's mouths off of my nuts. My bad! Problem solved.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts