Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Hey Dukie I found the noise!!

Your mom (dukie) is sucking on my left nut sack while RacerZ's mom is sucking my right nut sack and as they are both sucking my balls there heads kept rubbing against each other causing this stupid ringing sound. Who knew my daily blowjob from both of your moms would be the problem. I should have looked down and smacked both of your moms's mouths off of my nuts. My bad! Problem solved.
That uncalled for. You asked for help and we're trying to help you. It's not easy to diagnose car problems over the Internet.

We do like to crack wise-ass jokes. Possibly something was misunderstood?

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Last thing to look for...turn off the radio. My 4C has no problem but my old Chevy full size Van radio picks up some electronic noise. Whine winds up as the engine increases RPM. My Van didn't have that problem until the last year or two. Probably ignition noise. It is not loud so I can live with it...but it is there. The Van is a 2001.
That would be alternator whine the radio is picking up and amplifying. Electronic noise. It can be removed, but it's a bit of work usually.

I bet it get worse when you turn on the headlamps.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Couldn't have been my Mom, she died last year of small cell lung cancer.

It was a gag my friend - intended as lighthearted, had I known your sensibilities were so easily offended I wouldn't have attempted humour.

Have a lovely evening.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That uncalled for. You asked for help and we're trying to help you. It's not easy to diagnose car problems over the Internet.

We do like to crack wise-ass jokes. Possibly something was misunderstood?
Couldn't have been my Mom, she died last year of small cell lung cancer.

It was a gag my friend - intended as lighthearted, had I known your sensibilities were so easily offended I wouldn't have attempted humour.

Have a lovely evening.
Sorry fellas, too harsh....?? I'm Italian, can't help it sometimes. :wink2: I'll keep mom rips to a minimum.

Side note: This forum is wealth of info. My alfa service department sucks ass and there's only one idiot certified to work on my car. I had the service department fix my window that wasn't shutting properly and the idiot dropped a tool or something and left a quarter size gash in the door panel. I almost killed the guy, because they never told me about it and I noticed it when I looked the car over when I got home. Oh Yeah, The service tech took my car for a 10 mile joy ride as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi guys,
It seems that I've the same problem with the fuel pump. I feel some metallic sound around 2000/2500 rpm with higher gear and, when I turn on AC, the rattling became higher.
Waiting for the change under guarantee from the dealer.
I hope that it solve it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just curious if anyone knows if there's an issue with fuel pumps on the LE's?

After about 300 miles I've started to hear this faint high pitched ringing sound in the cabin. I thought I was getting tinnitus, until I asked if my girlfriend heard it. She also said what is that sound?? It's faint but annoying. I found this thread and sounds like this person had the same issue.
Anyone had a high pitch whining noise?

I googled fuel pump going bad and the sound is the same but not as bad as some of the videos. Same High pitched ringing sound
Hi Guys, I had the race exhaust, and started to develop this deafening high pitched tinnitus sound, in my inner ear, for the last few years. I installed several quiet exhausts after, but still, if I didn't wear hear protection for short drives, this loud whining sound, keeps penetrating my inner ear somehow. This exact whine sound

This whine's resonance frequency is really dangerous. Wish Alfa would look into this.

What is creating this whine? Is it a fuel pump that's going defective? Will Alfa replace it. Anyone experience with this or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know how to silence this whine. It's the only thing I don't like about the car.

Please let me know anyone that knows.

Kind regards,

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
Hi Guys, I had the race exhaust, and started to develop this deafening high pitched tinnitus sound, in my inner ear, for the last few years. I installed several quiet exhausts after, but still, if I didn't wear hear protection for short drives, this loud whining sound, keeps penetrating my inner ear somehow. This exact whine sound

This whine's resonance frequency is really dangerous. Wish Alfa would look into this.

What is creating this whine? Is it a fuel pump that's going defective? Will Alfa replace it. Anyone experience with this or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone know how to silence this whine. It's the only thing I don't like about the car.

Kind regards,
I occasionally hear that high pitched noise over the one that inhabits the inside of my head. What I do know is my Helmholtz exhaust has not caused my tinnitus to intensify, unlike the race type exhaust and 200cpsi cat of alfa1105’s. That exhaust had my tinnitus noise amplify noticeably.
I believe the high pitched noise is the fuel pump. If it annoys you I’d recommend ear plugs. I wear a good quality pair when on my motorcycle and they aren’t a nuisance to use. I’ll find the brand and post.
I couldn’t find the actual brand but this is the type of earplug I use.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I occasionally hear that high pitched noise over the one that inhabits the inside of my head. What I do know is my Helmholtz exhaust has not caused my tinnitus to intensify, unlike the race type exhaust and 200cpsi cat of alfa1105’s. That exhaust had my tinnitus noise amplify noticeably.
I believe the high pitched noise is the fuel pump. If it annoys you I’d recommend ear plugs. I wear a good quality pair when on my motorcycle and they aren’t a nuisance to use. I’ll find the brand and post.
I couldn’t find the actual brand but this is the type of earplug I use.
I've been using good ear plugs, but still even with 32 db foam plugs, when I really get on the throttle, this whine sound coming off of that high pressure fuel pump, still goes into the inner ear. I had an ear doctor show me how, you can send many harmful frequencies, straight through the skull. My biggest issue right now is how to mute or insulate, isolate this fuel pump.

Where is the fuel pump located?

·
Super Moderator
11,547 Posts
I've been using good ear plugs, but still even with 32 db foam plugs, when I really get on the throttle, this whine sound coming off of that high pressure fuel pump, still goes into the inner ear. I had an ear doctor show me how, you can send many harmful frequencies, straight through the skull. My biggest issue right now is how to mute or insulate, isolate this fuel pump.

Where is the fuel pump located?
Have you tried gel plugs that can conform to the precise shape of your ear? I’ve found the ones mentioned above are better than foam, at least for my condition.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Kind regards,
Hello Victoira4,
I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members, I suggest connecting with your local certified Alfa Romeo dealer as they are in the best position to assist. Please know that we are available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Anyone else develop tinnitus from the 4c?
Yes, i did develop tinnitus from my 4C spider. I hated the car for it... Now i learn to live with my tinnitus. Victoria posted a few years back from her experience.
Always had loud cars: eaton chargde opel speedster 2.2, turbo charged opel speedster 2.2 and a 2.0 turbocharged 400 hp opel speedster, Lotus elise s, evo x and a couple of bikes ; cbr 1000,sv 1000, bandit 400/1200/1250, gsr 600. And listen to loud metal music.....NEVER had ANY issues with my hearing. But the 4c killed my hearing. I can assure you, tinnitus is for it's first month's a LIVING HELL!!!! I contacted Alfanut for some info about the Quicksilver exhaust .

Sorry for my first post like this, need to introduce myself in a proper way but i could not resist to answer this post. I had to change my life for this car....... now everything is fine. I do wear foam earplugs and still listen to my metal music and drive bikes.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Victoira4,
I certainly understand why this would be concerning. If you are unable to determine the cause of this with the assistance of fellow forum members, I suggest connecting with your local certified Alfa Romeo dealer as they are in the best position to assist. Please know that we are available via private message if you are in need of any assistance with that process.
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares
Dear Alfa,

Sincerely appreciate the attention. I will message you. Here is the history:

I have brought this up before with Alfa Romeo's customer service hotline a few times, but they car is said to be working as manufactured. Initially the 98-115db race exhaust was thought to be the issue. Any exposure at 97-100db, especially inside the cabin at 60mph, 4 hours for sure, is resulting in permanent hearing loss for every human. There is no way around it, hearing loss, and it's illegal to drive with earplugs in. I do love the car, but I've found it's this engine whine that's resonating with the inner ear, and over ear and in ear protection don't work. It's the exact sound in my tinnitus as this whining sound frequency, and it gets louder as a wind up the car to higher RPMS, with inner ear protection also.

This resonance frequency whine coming off the fuel pump ( guess ), is somehow penetrating the inner ear with over ear and inner ear protection. I've tested both. Maybe the carbon fiber tub, is amplifying it's ability to resonate with inner ear. The doctor showed me how it's easy to transmit resonance frequencies straight through the skull with ear plugs in.

I've heard and confirm with many people developing Tinnitus with this car. Especially the roadster. I hope there is a solution, because the car is very beautiful, I love it, handle well, made well, but I can't really enjoy it if I get migraines and gun shot sounds in my inner ear for years now, and it only intensifies after I drive the car 10 min, with 32db ear plugs in. I'm 100% sure it's mostly the frequency coming off this whining component. My passengers also notice the sound, and few also got temporary tinnitus.

Alfa, please find a solution. Maybe insulate this fuel pump or upgrade to quiet version.

I'll message you shortly.

Anyone else have this issue?

Kind regards,

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
@Alfanut @4Canada Howdy, fellow tinnitus sufferers. I work in an office with a white noise system, which also cancels out annoying sounds (like noise-canceling headsets might do) and its amazing how it helps with tinnitus.

As for the noise, when I had a similar one it was the storage pouch clip not being secured and it was buzzing ever so slightly as metal on metal. It sounded like it was coming from the far passenger side, such are the acoustics in the 4C.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, i did develop tinnitus from my 4C spider. I hated the car for it... Now i learn to live with my tinnitus. Victoria posted a few years back from her experience.
Always had loud cars: eaton chargde opel speedster 2.2, turbo charged opel speedster 2.2 and a 2.0 turbocharged 400 hp opel speedster, Lotus elise s, evo x and a couple of bikes ; cbr 1000,sv 1000, bandit 400/1200/1250, gsr 600. And listen to loud metal music.....NEVER had ANY issues with my hearing. But the 4c killed my hearing. I can assure you, tinnitus is for it's first month's a LIVING HELL!!!! I contacted Alfanut for some info about the Quicksilver exhaust .

Sorry for my first post like this, need to introduce myself in a proper way but i could not resist to answer this post. I had to change my life for this car....... now everything is fine. I do wear foam earplugs and still listen to my metal music and drive bikes.....
Thanks for letting me know, because, 100% it's not the exhaust. I've gone through several, designed my own, and this last setup, have two resonators, zero drone. It's this whine sound. It's emitting some extremely harmful frequency.

It's this specific frequency coming off that engine, it's penetrating deep into the head, and that exact whine sound is harmonizing with the inner ear. I can't explain the pain I felt, with loud sounds, couldn't even hear myself in a room for 6 months.

Thanks for the feedback. Alfa needs to fix this. Never should a product do such damage to a persons health.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Thanks for letting me know, because, 100% it's not the exhaust. I've gone through several, designed my own, and this last setup, have two resonators, zero drone. It's this whine sound. It's emitting some extremely harmful frequency.

It's this specific frequency coming off that engine, it's penetrating deep into the head, and that exact whine sound is harmonizing with the inner ear. I can't explain the pain I felt, with loud sounds, couldn't even hear myself in a room for 6 months.

Thanks for the feedback. Alfa needs to fix this. Never should a product do such damage to a persons health.
I did read your posts (the exhaust modification tread) when i suffered from it. Ringing was stupid high and had problems listening to people sometimes @ meetings. But you have learn to live with it. When powerlifting i've got some sharp sounds sometimes in my left ears. Now, i'm the proud owner for 1 year tinnitus :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did read your posts (the exhaust modification tread) when i suffered from it. Ringing was stupid high and had problems listening to people sometimes @ meetings. But you have learn to live with it. When powerlifting i've got some sharp sounds sometimes in my left ears. Now, i'm the proud owner for 1 year tinnitus :)
Did you sell the car?

Anyone else with Spyder version get extreme tinnitus from this car?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Did you sell the car?

Anyone else with Spyder version get extreme tinnitus from this car?
Now way selling the 4c!!!! It's a bulletproof racer for me. I'm certainly no wimp. I even got more respect for my 4C now.... It's a little devil that can bite!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Are you driving with ear protection? How are you not damaging your hearing? Did you replace this whining fuel pump?
Yes, i'm wearing 36db foam ear plugs from Hema (Belgium) . I do need them for the 4C and driving my motorcycle. I can not stand the sound from the wind in my helmet. For me it's really sound related. The 4C exhaust sound is to high pitchy for me now. Also can not rev my motorcycle and stand next to it without a helmet (open cans) Festivals i can not stand in front of the speakers anymore without plugs. I did love to feel the metal...Do'nt think it's fuel pump related for me.... I'm not 100 % sure.....

21 - 40 of 50 Posts