Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm reluctantly putting my 1 of 6 Carbon Fiber Roof + Akrapovic + Microfiber Seats in Madreperla Trofeo White 2017 Coupe up for sale to get into my dream car (also Italian). It took me quite a while to find this spec and I had to import it from British Columbia in order to get everything I was looking for. I had 2 other red sports cars at the time and wanted a classy spec, so the pearl white perfectly fits the bill. I get a lot of compliments and have opened up my friend's eyes in this Porsche-centric area.

This beautiful 4C came equipped with a $91k CAD / $76,295 USD MSRP and it has a full aftermarket, clear paint protective film (PPF) wrap on the entire car. There are less than 7k total miles on it and I imported it with about 3,625 miles in February. This car can be imported back into Canada, which as I've been told, U.S. cars cannot.

The first owner also owned a McLaren and drove this sparingly. I like to joke that the McLaren was his winter car and this was his summer car. It's in near showroom condition, with a couple of light blemishes on the wheels and one scuff under the front bumper (not visible unless you look from underneath) in the usual place. I removed the QV stickers right after I received the car.

The Canadian Carfax was clean and so is the U.S. Carfax. Emissions are the same for North American cars and it passed SMOG right off the enclosed shipping truck. I own this car outright, but due to Covid, I'm still waiting for my U.S. title from California. The title should arrive here within a few weeks.

I'm located in Orange County, CA and many of the local Alfa Romeo and Cars & Coffee participants have seen it and can vouch for it. I've kept this car completely stock and have never used Race Mode or launched it.

The options are as follows:

$1,500 - Madreperla Trofeo White Paint
$2,000 - Black Leather/Microfiber seats
$1,400 - Convenience Group (Cruise Control + Back up sensors + Security Alarm)
$2,300 - Coupe Track Package 1 (Carbon fiber rear spoiler + Microfiber/leather steering wheel + Race Suspension)
$2,500 - Carbon Fiber Roof (A must have, which perfectly compliments the 4C's lines)
$3,000 - Akrapovic Titanium Valved Exhaust (Another must have option)
$2,500 - Dark Fan 18/19" Wheels
$2,000 - Leather Trim (There's nothing better than opening the driver's door and getting a whiff of Italian leather)
$900 - Alpine Subwoofer
$300 - Red Calipers
$400 - Alfa Romeo Car Cover

I'm asking $69,995. Please message me if you would like to see it in person or have additional questions.

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
Sad to see your selling this but I understand the reasoning.

Gorgeous spec car. As @closingtime correctly pointed out. There are 6 total Trofeo/Microfiber coupes with CF Roof/Akra/CF Mirrors. Originally there were 3 in US and 3 in Canada. So now 4 in US, though I've seen the 4C inventory in Canada and feel like this one may be headed back there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sad to see your selling this but I understand the reasoning.

Gorgeous spec car. As @closingtime correctly pointed out. There are 6 total Trofeo/Microfiber coupes with CF Roof/Akra. Originally there were 3 in US and 3 in Canada. So now 4 in US, though I've seen the 4C inventory in Canada and feel like this one may be headed back there.
Thanks as always, John! I appreciate your analysis and breakdown of these unicorn spec'd 4Cs.

For those buyers who don't have perfect year round driving conditions, this is the ideal time to buy a sports car that you can enjoy during your shortened driving season. The only 2 items that were changed before being imported from Canada were the KM to MI and the "(!)" e-brake light to say "Brake". (!) is the e-brake symbol for everywhere outside of the U.S.

I am happy to coordinate with your shipper if you are out of the state/country.

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
I'm reluctantly putting my 1 of 6 Carbon Fiber Roof + Akropovic + Microfiber Seats in Madreperla Trofeo White 2017 Coupe up for sale to get into my dream car (also Italian). It took me quite a while to find this spec and I had to import it from British Columbia in order to get everything I was looking for. I had 2 other red sports cars at the time and wanted a classy spec, so the pearl white perfectly fits the bill. I get a lot of compliments and have opened up my friend's eyes in this Porsche-centric area.

This beautiful 4C came equipped with a $91k CAD / $76,295 USD MSRP and it has a full aftermarket, clear paint protective film (PPF) wrap on the entire car. There are less than 7k total miles on it and I imported it with about 3,625 miles in February. This car can be imported back into Canada, which as I've been told, U.S. cars cannot.

The first owner also owned a McLaren and drove this sparingly. I like to joke that the McLaren was his winter car and this was his summer car. It's in near showroom condition, with a couple of light blemishes on the wheels and one scuff under the front bumper (not visible unless you look from underneath) in the usual place. I removed the QV stickers right after I received the car.

The Canadian Carfax was clean and so is the U.S. Carfax. Emissions are the same for North American cars and it passed SMOG right off the enclosed shipping truck. I own this car outright, but due to Covid, I'm still waiting for my U.S. title from California. The title should arrive here within a few weeks.

I'm located in Orange County, CA and many of the local Alfa Romeo and Cars & Coffee participants have seen it and can vouch for it. I've kept this car completely stock and have never used Race Mode or launched it.

The options are as follows:

$1,500 - Madreperla Trofeo White Paint
$2,000 - Black Leather/Microfiber seats
$1,400 - Convenience Group (Cruise Control + Back up sensors + Security Alarm)
$2,300 - Coupe Track Package 1 (Carbon fiber rear spoiler + Microfiber/leather steering wheel + Race Suspension)
$2,500 - Carbon Fiber Roof (A must have, which perfectly compliments the 4C's lines)
$3,000 - Akrapovic Titanium Valved Exhaust (Another must have option)
$2,500 - Dark Fan 18/19" Wheels
$2,000 - Leather Trim (There's nothing better than opening the driver's door and getting a whiff of Italian leather)
$900 - Alpine Subwoofer
$300 - Red Calipers
$400 - Alfa Romeo Car Cover

I'm asking $72k. Please message me if you would like to see it in person or have additional questions.

View attachment 118562
View attachment 118560 View attachment 118563
View attachment 118564
View attachment 118565
View attachment 118566
View attachment 118568
View attachment 118567
This IS a dream car.....What’s yours?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This IS a dream car.....What’s yours?
Agreed wholeheartedly! The 4C is an incredible combination of exotic materials, rarity, looks/handling, sound/performance, and price.

I would like to add my poster car, a Lamborghini Diablo, to the stable. If I can't get the one I'm after, I'll hold on to the 4C. I have 2 other unique vehicles to hold me over for now.

·
Registered
161 Posts
“I'm reluctantly putting my 1 of 6 Carbon Fiber Roof + Akrapovic + Microfiber Seats in Madreperla Trofeo White 2017 Coupe.”

No plans to sell but just curious how many similarly equipped 2018 Coupes there are as I’m the original owner of one and didn’t think they were that uncommon.

Mine’s MSRP was a little over $80K with the 18"/19" Dark 5–Hole Wheels, Bi-Xenons, but does not have Alpine sub.

Best of luck with your sale!

·
Premium Member
2,383 Posts
“I'm reluctantly putting my 1 of 6 Carbon Fiber Roof + Akrapovic + Microfiber Seats in Madreperla Trofeo White 2017 Coupe.”

No plans to sell but just curious how many similarly equipped 2018 Coupes there are as I’m the original owner of one and didn’t think they were that uncommon.

Mine’s MSRP was a little over $80K with the 18"/19" Dark 5–Hole Wheels, Bi-Xenons, but does not have Alpine sub.

Best of luck with your sale!
The 1 of 6 is Trofeo (MP on a 18 window sticker) white over Microfiber coupes with CF Roof/Akra, Track Suspension, CF Mirrors, and w/o CF Fascia Vents. Yours would thus not be in that 6.

The total number of Trofeo/Microfiber Coupes with CF Roof / Akra is 7 though. Yours is the 7th. Yours is the only Trofeo/Microfiber coupe with Flag Mirrors and Fascia Vents. (y) Still though yours doesn't have the CF Interior (similar to the car for sale) or the Alpine (there are only 2-3 truly full-spec coupes).

The reason it probably feels like there are more is that that (7 CF Roof/Akra Coupes) is only for Trofeo over Microfiber. There are 32 total Trofeo coupes with CF Roof/Akra (all interiors) - so you have probably seen a decent number of Trofeo CF Roof/Akra coupes posted here or for sale, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Does this car actually have full PPF? Do you have documentation around it? I can see in the photos that it still has the factory PPF on the rockers, which would typically come off in any full car PPF application. Are there PPF seams around door handles, rear rockers, and rear hatch?

I suspect this isn’t really a full PPF car if it has the factory PPF still on the rocker panels. Thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
The reason it probably feels like there are more is that that (7 CF Roof/Akra Coupes) is only for Trofeo over Microfiber. There are 32 total Trofeo coupes with CF Roof/Akra (all interiors) - so you have probably seen a decent number of Trofeo CF Roof/Akra coupes posted here or for sale, etc.
Thanks, you’re exactly right. Mine has the CF fender vents, CF “flag” mirrors, but not the CF interior. When I bought mine (09/01/19) there were only about 8 new 4C Coupes left on the lots, most were white and, if memory serves, only two had CF roof, Akra, and Bi-Xenon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does this car actually have full PPF? Do you have documentation around it? I can see in the photos that it still has the factory PPF on the rockers, which would typically come off in any full car PPF application. Are there PPF seams around door handles, rear rockers, and rear hatch?

I suspect this isn’t really a full PPF car if it has the factory PPF still on the rocker panels. Thanks!
Yes, the previous owner had the full PPF installed throughout and did not remove the factory PPF on the rockers. It's in great shape with a few nicks in the PPF from road debris, which is to be expected on these cars.

There is a small section on the passenger side front bumper near the marker where it is starting to lift, but it's not very noticeable and can probably be addressed. I've seen other 4C's with PPF and the curved areas of the 4C are difficult to PPF. Whoever installed this PPF took their time to hide the edges.

I'll take additional photos this weekend and can send out a video since you're on the east coast.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just a question, dont' mean to sound like a smart ass but the sheet moulding compound roof is already very light, so what the advantage of a CF roof? Can't see more than a pound of weight saving

·
Super Moderator
10,137 Posts
Just a question, dont' mean to sound like a smart ass but the sheet moulding compound roof is already very light, so what the advantage of a CF roof? Can't see more than a pound of weight saving
The Bling factor puts it up there but a black cf roof without much insulation in high Summer doesn’t make too much sense to me. You’re right regarding the lightness. There might be a kilo or two in it, but not much.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not always about weight. It's all about having as much carbon on this carbon chassis sports car, plus it looks incredible.

Think BMW M Editions with the carbon fiber roof option and slick tops (no sunroof) ...they command a premium. The carbon fiber roof option was a 2017-2018 only option and was only spec'd on about 9% of all 4C Coupes. The CF roof + Akra (also 2017-2018 only) are the 2 most desirable options for resale buyers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What a beautiful car. Exactly the spec that I was searching for when I was shopping for one. Good luck with the sale, now is the time to sell.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a beautiful car. Exactly the spec that I was searching for when I was shopping for one. Good luck with the sale, now is the time to sell.
Thanks! These cars are only going to appreciate, especially the rare and high spec'd ones.

·
Premium Member
2018 Madreperla White Coupe
44 Posts
Best of luck with the sale and amazing photos! Definitely showroom quality.

How do I know how many of my spec (or any spec) are out there? Only difference is mine’s a 2018, tobacco leather seats instead, and no Xenon healights. Same 18/19 fan wheels, Akra exhaust, CF roof/spoiler/mirrors, and pearl white paint. When I bought it in Dallas, they had about 7 white 4Cs on the lot and the other 6 had the red leather interior.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts