Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished the bolt tightening, attached the hood. I noticed for the first time that in those two areas if I press the hood squeaks and there is slight play. I don't think I ever pushed down on there before, so I don't know if that's new or not. I want to make sure the hood is secure before going at speed. Anyone confirm that their hood does the same, even when secure? Thanks yall.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
My hood was removed a month ago. Just checked. No squeak. Little bit of deflection.

It is 50f in my garage.

Reactions: Wheelhor

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine doesn’t squeak, but I noticed about a year ago that if I tap the front edge of the hood toward the middle, there is a bit of bounce/rattle. From what I can tell there are 2 tabs attached to the hood that slide in slots of the nose. There is some adjustment to this bracket which may explain why some people have hoods that are tighter in this spot than others.

Reactions: Wheelhor

·
Registered
351 Posts
When I did my air horns there where little pieces of cut rubber (double sided tape?) on top of the bolts at all four locations. Initially I thought it was just some goop left over from the build but after I cleaned it off and put the car back together the front of the hood would deflect and vibrate at about 50mph. I ended up taking the hood back off and making double sided rubber tape shims at all four locations to stop the deflection. Each one needs to be about 10mm thick. The advantage to the double sided tape is that it will stick to itself and to the bolt on the car. Leave the backing on the last piece to keep it from sticking to the hood. If you need to make it thicker the backing can be removed and more tape added. I made the shims 25mm squares.

·
Premium Member
2018 4c and Stelvio
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, thanks. The hood seems aligned, I doubt it would sit flush throughout if the front tabs didn't fit into the slots. Thanks for everyone's input

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I understand that there might be shims/washers underneath the hood where it bolts on to 'level' it. I could be wrong however.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts