Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Longtime admirer of the 4C but never able to pull the trigger on becoming an owner. But with my new promotion this past month and my current car (Mazdaspeed Miata) starting to show it's wear, I think it's the perfect time to upgrade. Recently found this posting a couple hours near me, 2017 40k miles, $40.9k with many options.

Wanted to get current owners advice on if it's a fair price and if the relatively high mileage would be an issue? Carfax looks good with detailed record of maintenance. KBB and other sites has the fair price around 38-42k, so I'm thinking if i can get them down to 38k, i should be good?

Thanks in advance for any help and looking forward to becoming an active member soon!

Ron

·
Registered
694 Posts
I bought my 2015 with 9 000 miles for 41k a year ago. This is a 35k car especially in that market.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Supply and DEMAND.
I believe as time goes on, supply will essentially trickle to very low numbers and we will look back at history with comments like:
"wow, could have bought that Testarossa for under $30k"
"$300k US is waaayyyy too much for a no-story F40 saw one for about $250 last month"
and so on....
buy what YOU think is fair and you can afford. Seriously, no one wants to overpay and no one wants to leave anything on the table, but if saving $5k means you miss/lose the right car, then YOU have to live without one (and your $5k in the bank :) ).
Hoping to see you here soon with a 4c :cool:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Prices have firmed/increased from a year ago and inventory has dropped A LOT. Been seeing differences from last year on equivalet cars/miles of plus $5k-$10k. To give you an idea, around this time last year I recall there were about 80+ cars for sale in US, today the number sits around 25: that is nothing. You can always throw a $35-$36 number at them, but I agree with you- considering the mileage $38-39 is where this will probably end up. Best of luck! Assuming it has had all required maintenance don't think mileage should be a deterrent. Forum members have logged 30-40k miles with little to no issues. These cars are built well!

Edit: just noticed this is fully loaded...I wouldn't be surprised if they held at $40 even or just under....either way if you think its the right car....I wouldn't let an extra thousand hold you back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I should be picking up my 4C today from the service department at this dealer. If you like, I don't mind taking a quick look at the car for you, maybe snap some more pictures. As for pricing, I agree 4C prices are going up. And this dealer has some deals...They also have a black 18' Giulia QV with ~32k miles for $48k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all the responses so far! Pleasantly surprised that nobody made any jokes regarding my Miata haha I was bombarded with them at an S2000 forum when I stated that it was my replacement car after my s2k was crashed into 😂

Matt that would be amazing! Yeah some more pictures, especially of the interior would be great. If you are able to ask them any questions about the car for me, feel free too. I just got off the phone with a manager there, Megan, and scheduled a test drive for this Saturday.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
114 Posts
Thanks guys for all the responses so far! Pleasantly surprised that nobody made any jokes regarding my Miata haha I was bombarded with them at an S2000 forum when I stated that it was my replacement car after my s2k was crashed into 😂

Matt that would be amazing! Yeah some more pictures, especially of the interior would be great. If you are able to ask them any questions about the car for me, feel free too. I just got off the phone with a manager there, Megan, and scheduled a test drive for this Saturday.
There is nothing wrong with Miatas, they’re great cars—the guys in the S2k forum must have been frustrated by losing to them at autocross events.

If you drive the 4C you’ll probably be hooked—nothing out there short of a $300k supercar feels this special. There are going to be some quirks—but you can get them sorted. A lot of these cars come with a questionable factory alignment, and good tires make a huge difference. If I were to buy another one I would immediately install Alfaworks steering blocks and get an alignment (set to zero toe and add a little negative camber)—and probably new tires. With those small changes it feels right. Good luck!

·
Registered
2016 4C Spider + 1985 Ferrari 308 GTS QV Black on White + 1981 Delorean DMC12 "6MT" Tesla P90 Swap!
328 Posts
Seems like you're appropriately replied to, so just some extra confidence about reliability: I am nearing 30k miles and about 5k are track. Just one issue done in two weeks under warranty.
Generally, the only issues are from "early" software (just get an update if nothing mechanical harmed, such as can be found throughout the forum) or fit and finish/meshing from services/techs not putting it together right, etc.

Just buy it, and drive it right!
Please do follow the path to kind Alfisti, fiercely reject becoming a poseur dbag that thinks "they made it" because it's got a badge and all the carbon, or that 4c's have 1000 horsepowers. Use your turn signal, wear sunscreen haha.

I'm hoping to see the plate read INCACOLA
Peru would be proud

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
114 Posts
I think that’s well priced. If you can get it for less it will be icing on the cake. It’s well optioned and a 2017. Not many 2017 and 18 available, specially for that price with those options.
Good points! I’m proud of the prior owner for putting that many miles on—I like seeing sports cars being used as intended, not sitting in some garage somewhere—LET THE BEAST OUT OF ITS CAGE🙂

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi guys! Longtime admirer of the 4C but never able to pull the trigger on becoming an owner. But with my new promotion this past month and my current car (Mazdaspeed Miata) starting to show it's wear, I think it's the perfect time to upgrade. Recently found this posting a couple hours near me, 2017 40k miles, $40.9k with many options.

Wanted to get current owners advice on if it's a fair price and if the relatively high mileage would be an issue? Carfax looks good with detailed record of maintenance. KBB and other sites has the fair price around 38-42k, so I'm thinking if i can get them down to 38k, i should be good?

Thanks in advance for any help and looking forward to becoming an active member soon!

Ron
That seems like a pretty good deal. I currently have a 2016 4C spider and a 2006 S2000. Both great cars in very different ways. Previously I had a Ginetta G20 with a Miata drivetrain. Wow, what a fun car, and the best manual transmission I have ever used (the S2000 is a close second). Hope the deal works out for ya!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok I just got back from Pensacola, about a two hour drive from my house. I looked at the white car and its definitely a drivers car. To be fair it had not been detailed but looking at the car in its current condition, you can see how the previous owner may have kept it.

You can see there are a lot of cosmetic flaws here and there, mostly wear and tear but a few other things too. The wheels are curbed although I didn't look at them all. The alcantara in the drivers seat is getting worn down and the carbon roof is faded in a few areas. I wonder if this car was garaged or parked outside for that to happen. Its hard to tell from my pics but right above the reflection of my phone you can see one of the lighter colored faded areas. Maybe this can be repaired, but I have no idea.

I also checked out the black Giulia QV and that car was in a lot better condition. If you are looking for a daily driver I would also check out that car while you are down there.

Good luck and hope this helps! If you have any questions about anything just let me know.

IMG_1806.JPEG
IMG_1807.JPEG
IMG_1808.JPEG
IMG_1809.JPEG
IMG_1810.JPEG
IMG_1811.JPEG
IMG_1812.JPEG
IMG_1813.JPEG
IMG_1814.JPEG

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks again for all the additional responses. Nothing wrong with the Miata, the s2000 crowd are just very loyal and feel like it was a downgrade haha

Hadn't even thought about an Inca Cola plate, might have to do it now to represent haha

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C w package 22C, Coupe Track package, leather upgrade and the forged 18s and 19s.
44 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Miatas, they’re great cars—the guys in the S2k forum must have been frustrated by losing to them at autocross events.

If you drive the 4C you’ll probably be hooked—nothing out there short of a $300k supercar feels this special. There are going to be some quirks—but you can get them sorted. A lot of these cars come with a questionable factory alignment, and good tires make a huge difference. If I were to buy another one I would immediately install Alfaworks steering blocks and get an alignment (set to zero toe and add a little negative camber)—and probably new tires. With those small changes it feels right. Good luck!
As a recent Alfa 4C owner, I couldn't agree with Mateo's recommendations more. I actually consider these MUST dos. It drastically changes the way the car feels at higher speeds. Don't let the nervous feeling the one you drive may have at higher speeds (tramlining) discourage you. It's totally fixable following the above advice. These are so special cars. You don't at all be sorry you pulled the trigger but may regret it, if you don't.

Reactions: Mateo Largo
1 - 20 of 81 Posts