Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Figured the newer cars wouldn’t yellow, currently all cars are max of 3Y old. Guess I’ll need to get a second set of lights for basement storage Since I keep cars forever.

Already planning to have ceramic tint on side windows, guess need near clear for headlights too. Y’all love to spend my money.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just talked to the tech who is working on the white 4C in Pensacola. He said they are having to remove the hardtop due to delamination of the carbon fiber roof. Not sure if they are going to try and repair or replace it. People with the carbon roofs need to protect them and keep an eye on delamination.

·
Registered
42 Posts
He said he was nervous about having to cut on the car....And he has never done this before...not sure anyone has? Anyway whoever bought the car must not have been satisfied with the condition of it. I know when I saw it, I thought it looked pretty bad...Very splotchy / milky spots all over it. I guess Alfa is stepping up and having it fixed.

·
Registered
424 Posts
He said he was nervous about having to cut on the car....And he has never done this before...not sure anyone has? Anyway whoever bought the car must not have been satisfied with the condition of it. I know when I saw it, I thought it looked pretty bad...Very splotchy / milky spots all over it. I guess Alfa is stepping up and having it fixed.
The carbon roof looks cool, but I don't think the hassle of the yellowing / delamination / milkiness if in the sun too much is worth the net weight savings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Hey guys appreciate all the advice and input! Quick question, came across this on bring a trailer:

Has anyone had any experience with that site and thoughts on the car? Seems to be taken care of and had some nice additions made to it. Current last bid sitting at $35.4k so not crazy bidding so far

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Guys, just like any other paint. What usually delaminates is the clear coat. I would just sanded down, polish and clear coat again without removing the roof panel.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
My carbon roof and all of the carbon pieces in my car are in perfect shape. My car is garaged. Any car that you leave out under the sun for a while will deteriorate. Some of these cars stood out at dealerships cooking in the sun for months. It happened to a few high optioned 4Cs at a Texas dealership that ran into financial and legal issues before closing down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys appreciate all the advice and input! Quick question, came across this on bring a trailer:

Has anyone had any experience with that site and thoughts on the car? Seems to be taken care of and had some nice additions made to it. Current last bid sitting at $35.4k so not crazy bidding so far
I bought one car from Bring a trailer and the experience was pretty good (I did fly-and-drive instead of arranging for delivery). I would do it again (in fact I tried buying a 4c afterwards but someone else wanted it much more and I ended up finding one locally). The bidding usually heats up near the end of the action so the final price might go up significantly.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
The bring a trailer car sold at $48k so back on the hunt lol

Posted this on another post but since this one had so much activity wanted to get some opinions: Audi TT RS? The older one, so 2013-2014, with the 6 speed manual. Came up as a suggestion when I was looking at 4C YouTube clips haha

Also had a friend suggest looking into a newer 2016-2017 BMW M3. 4C is still the preferred choice but have to keep my options open. And the old Miata is starting to show its age so want to avoid dumping any more money on it if I can 😂

·
Premium Member
919 Posts

Posted this on another post but since this one had so much activity wanted to get some opinions: Audi TT RS? The older one, so 2013-2014, with the 6 speed manual. Came up as a suggestion when I was looking at 4C YouTube clips haha

Also had a friend suggest looking into a newer 2016-2017 BMW M3. 4C is still the preferred choice but have to keep my options open. And the old Miata is starting to show its age so want to avoid dumping any more money on it if I can 😂
Are you looking for a daily driver, or weekend toy?

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts

There are lots of great cars in the world.
The 4C: you either can't live without it, or in all honesty, you probably should.
No offense (and I hope you still get one), but the days of deals on these are over, and the car forces you to make certain compromises in order to get the payoff that it offers.
It's not the same as any other car in most mortals' price range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
This would be a daily. I know the 4C isn't the most ideal car for that haha but I honestly don't mind any perceived "negatives" like a stiffer ride or anything like that. My S2000 was my daily for years and I loved every minute of it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
There are lots of great cars in the world.
The 4C: you either can't live without it, or in all honesty, you probably should.
No offense (and I hope you still get one), but the days of deals on these are over, and the car forces you to make certain compromises in order to get the payoff that it offers.
It's not the same as any other car in most mortals' price range.
No offense taken! Definitely gotten the feeling that these prices have been creeping up in the past month I've been searching.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
This would be a daily. I know the 4C isn't the most ideal car for that haha but I honestly don't mind any perceived "negatives" like a stiffer ride or anything like that. My S2000 was my daily for years and I loved every minute of it
You would be happier with the TTRS as a daily.

·
Registered
2015 4C Madreperla White
109 Posts
Figured the newer cars wouldn’t yellow, currently all cars are max of 3Y old. Guess I’ll need to get a second set of lights for basement storage Since I keep cars forever.

Already planning to have ceramic tint on side windows, guess need near clear for headlights too. Y’all love to spend my money.
If they have a "Headlight Doctor" in your area, those guys do a great job. They'll come to you and re-seal them on your car (they mask off the area). I think last time I did it they only charged me something like $100 to do the pair. It's not like a bogus home kit--they wet sand them and then re-seal them so that the re-finish lasts a long time.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Posted this on another post but since this one had so much activity wanted to get some opinions: Audi TT RS? The older one, so 2013-2014, with the 6 speed manual.
The Mk2 TT RS is probably a good vehicle, but I think you'll have a hard time with how front heavy, FWD-biased, understeer-y this tricked out beetle really is, especially if you're coming from a S2K.

The Mk3 TT RS is an incredible car, but used ones are still a good 10k above what 4Cs tend to go for. Those pull insane straight line numbers once you start tuning them.

This would be a daily...
If you're coming from a daily driven S2K, you're already used to laughable cargo room, just note that the steering effort is high at low speeds, so if you have to parallel park often -- that will be an issue. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have to admit, driving my S2000 daily is more relaxing than driving my 4C daily. Not more rewarding, just less labor intensive, you might say. And not meant to be a knock on the 4C, more to just say that the no-frills, race-bred S2000 drives more like a soft/luxurious Acura in comparison. But that is also why they complement each other so well. Both have unique strengths, and few (in my opinion) weaknesses.

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
I have to admit, driving my S2000 daily is more relaxing than driving my 4C daily. Not more rewarding, just less labor intensive, you might say. And not meant to be a knock on the 4C, more to just say that the no-frills, race-bred S2000 drives more like a soft/luxurious Acura in comparison. But that is also why they complement each other so well. Both have unique strengths, and few (in my opinion) weaknesses.
I expect the visibility out of an S2k is also a lot better (rearward, for daily duties) than a 4C - certainly with the top down, but even up?

·
Super Moderator
14,886 Posts
If they have a "Headlight Doctor" in your area, those guys do a great job. They'll come to you and re-seal them on your car (they mask off the area). I think last time I did it they only charged me something like $100 to do a pair. It's not like a bogus home kit--they wet sand them and then re-seal them so that the re-finish lasts a long time.
There is a good “Chris Fix” video on how to do this on YouTube, that looks like it would take $10 in material and 30 minutes work, too. The “re-seal” is just clear paint for plastic.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts