Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kinda obvious, but yes.
You need a long, low profile one such as the one shown above. Lift height range starting around 2-5/8”, although under 4” would work on a stock height car but those are typically too high at the sill.

The floor jack that was on the link was only 3.25 inch

https://www.amazon.com/Compact-Alum...1522657517&sr=8-3&keywords=1.5+ton+floor+jack

You want this one for home just not for race track..

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton...-duty-service-jack-with-rapid-pump-62310.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Can non-US owners confirm that it does fit on our cars. According to the web page it says "may not fit non US models"

·
Registered
329 Posts
This jack is excellent. Expensive, but buy once, cry once... Downside: Its heavy. Even if its a very slim design, I need it to reach jack points.

Can non-US owners confirm that it does fit on our cars. According to the web page it says "may not fit non US models"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry for the necro but I didn't see anywhere in the thread - how low do the jackstands need to be with this method? I.e. what's the minimum height for the stands?

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
No 4C owner outside of Nth America can use the rear lift pad method due to rear sub-frame structural differences. What’s even more strange is that not all 4Cs have the mid-side lift point and some no tub lift-points at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This video should help you

Thanks! This looks much easier. Just checked with my jack and I think I can reach it if I get the car up on some low ramps first.

No 4C owner outside of Nth America can use the rear lift pad method due to rear sub-frame structural differences. What’s even more strange is that not all 4Cs have the mid-side lift point and some no tub lift-points at all.
Mine has the two sets of lift pads on the tub like in the video; I can use it if it's there, right?

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
Thanks! This looks much easier. Just checked with my jack and I think I can reach it if I get the car up on some low ramps first.

Mine has the two sets of lift pads on the tub like in the video; I can use it if it's there, right?
Yep. You sure can. But use the centre lift point to lift the one side, not the lift points marked at either end. Alfa warn against putting a twisting force on the tub by lifting incorrectly.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts