Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
My local Ferrari dealer's bill rate isn't really any higher than Toyota or Mercedes. Even if it was $25 an hour more and it's a 6 hour job; that $150 is worth extra care and expertise IMO.

I would not discount going to another exotic mainline dealer to do the work if you know they are good. I would also insist that they order the parts so they are warrantied under their parts and labor agreements. If something breaks and they did not sell you that part, they'll tell you pound sand.
I have not eliminated this option. I work in a very deliberate order. 1) Exhaust Alfa dealers list, near then far. 2) Exhaust recommended independents, near then far. 3) Exhaust wild card options (such as going to a Ferrari dealer).

One thing is true: None of them are good at answering their phones, and voice mails get returned, but often the next business day!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have not eliminated this option. I work in a very deliberate order. 1) Exhaust Alfa dealers list, near then far. 2) Exhaust recommended independents, near then far. 3) Exhaust wild card options (such as going to a Ferrari dealer).

One thing is true: None of them are good at answering their phones, and voice mails get returned, but often the next business day!
I recently got my cam belt service done with a semi-local independent exotic shop in Texas. Total work was around $1400 including parts (I supplied most of them). PM me if you want details. My mechanic is great.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Philly Area People:

AJ is pricing this out independently as we speak. Est 8 hours labor. He is going to see if he can get D'ambrosio's tools. If not, he'll buy if he gets enough interest.

I know Alfa Works has the two-week lease option.

AJ is interested in knowing who would be interested in this service. Please let me know. We can get multicar discounts and save on tools, etc,

@greg @JSTACOG @Jvito @moehler @lars @4Corsa @Pastafozol

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Update:

D'Ambrosio Fiat Alfa (Frazer-Malvern, PA) called back: $2100 belt, tensioner, pump // I feigned commitment for March.

(Ironically, this is prompting them to buy the kit, as they realize a number of customer cars are due, and which gives AJ potential access to it)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Mine's still too young for the service as it's a barely 2 years old. Still watching for other services like bolt tightening within next ? months. Reference to AJ shifting to wilmington pike is why I initially went there (unfortunaly he had already left) the went to D'Ambrosio, however he had already left second time for independent (per service advisor). Would be nice if he's an option for all of us local.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
I just did my timing belt and water pump. I purchased the parts directly from several vendors that have been mentioned on this forum, and had my local race shop do the work. Labor was around $800 for the job. The parts were not that expensive....

·
Registered
36 Posts
I take mine to a private garage in millford,Frenchtown area in nj.its a great independent shop,EXOTICARS USA..i just had bolt service, brake flush,and oil change for 1400.00.i asked about a Tb Change and they do them.he said around 1600- 1900 $.I didn't t hinkle that was too bad.if you call ask for Mike forman,Forman, it the service manager
You can tell the Adam ,with the 16 4c spider sent ya
They know me
Goodluck

·
Registered
118 Posts
@Philster Have you checked out Alfa/Maserati in Germantown, MD? I spoke with them a month or two ago and was quoted $1400 for a full bolt tightening service, and $600 for a half bolt service (presumably the easy to reach ones). I'll be calling them next week as I'm in touch with their Snr sales manager, and will get estimates on timing belt and oil change too. They said they regularly see and service 4Cs (they had 4 on the lot when I was there last summer).

·
Registered
2015 4C Spider, 2018 BMW M140i
46 Posts
I'm taking mine to AlfaWorks soon, the big service is £983 (about $1350 ).
@goldmax Ditto for me in a couple of months time. If you find out or know, can you let me know how long they need the car for the 60k/5y service? I will be asking them to replace the water pump whilst they are at it since it is only another £90 or so, and should really been done anyway. Royston is a couple of hours drive for me so not exactly on the doorstep. AlfaAid is closer for me, but I have heard mixed reports on them. For smaller, less complex servicing I have Italia Speed very close by but although they have worked on lots of TBi engines, they have not worked on a 4C yet.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
@goldmax Ditto for me in a couple of months time. If you find out or know, can you let me know how long they need the car for the 60k/5y service? I will be asking them to replace the water pump whilst they are at it since it is only another £90 or so, and should really been done anyway. Royston is a couple of hours drive for me so not exactly on the doorstep. AlfaAid is closer for me, but I have heard mixed reports on them. For smaller, less complex servicing I have Italia Speed very close by but although they have worked on lots of TBi engines, they have not worked on a 4C yet.
I’m in the same boat as you, I’m in Lincolnshire so a couple of hours drive down to Royston, it’s really awkward I know what to do, I’ll email Ben and ask how long they need the car for. Before COVID we would have booked a hotel and stayed over but now it looks like a drive down (wife following), then home and drive down again next day to collect , what a faf?

or leave home at 6 am and stand on a street corner all day ??:oops:

·
Registered
2015 4C Spider, 2018 BMW M140i
46 Posts
or leave home at 6 am and stand on a street corner all day ??:oops:
Not a lot to do in Royston! :unsure: I hear they can provide a loan car for a small charge. If it's a Giulia Quadrifoglio, I'd fork out for that. Not so keen if it's a Fiat 500. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have not checked up here on the Cam service yet.
BUT the oil change!!! o_O
....listen...... (ME BANGING HEAD AGAINST DESK!)
2700 CAD for the timing belt service at AlfaMazerati Toronto. Getting a bunch more stuff done while in the GTA. Brakes, tires, bleed flush and filters everywhere. Will be costly but I’ll be good for a few years I hope;)

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
26 Posts
Call Eurotec Motors, Livingston NJ. 9739922800

Reactions: Philster

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
@peterA116 - Grazie!

Appreciate all the tips on the NE USA. Calling today and expect slow responses thanks to the Nor' Easter. For non-locals unfamiliar with such terminology, it's a big ol' coastal storm off the North East USA responsible for coastal damage and huge snowfalls. Some say the term comes from the prevailing North East wind. Just a big ol' storm battering 50 million people in the Megapolis of the North East USA.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
@Philster Have you checked out Alfa/Maserati in Germantown, MD? I spoke with them a month or two ago and was quoted $1400 for a full bolt tightening service, and $600 for a half bolt service (presumably the easy to reach ones). I'll be calling them next week as I'm in touch with their Snr sales manager, and will get estimates on timing belt and oil change too. They said they regularly see and service 4Cs (they had 4 on the lot when I was there last summer).
I will call while I'm at it this week to build the list. Rather inconveniently located to me.

I am calling to build the list, to find my own best price, to help all of us, and where I ultimately go might be far, but will jive with who I know, where I might head to afterward as part of road trip, or what I can do locally.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts