Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
@goldmax As you suggested, I emailed Ben and he replied:

" The 60k service including cam belt is £983.64 plus £50 for the water pump, we would need the car for two days and yes we can supply a loan car."
That's great news, so everything is done which is needed for just over a grand, not too bad at all. I wonder how much the loan car will be? Hoping it's the 2 litre 4C lol

·
Registered
271 Posts
Not sure what shop you're getting work done at , but I got quoted $1,990 for timing/drive belt, water pump and tensioners at Naperville Alfa Romeo (Chris Roach is their service director) with another $200 for oil. Honestly, they've been great to work with if anyone else in Chicago is looking for a place to get theirs done.

Now, if only Passport would pick up my car and ship it here 😔
That was Joe Rizza Oland park Alfa /Maserati

They used to be Tinley Park Bettenhausen Fiat/Alfa. I spoke with the service manager last time I got my annual service and he told me $1,300 for that service. Did that include the water pump, honestly I don't know. All he mentioned was getting the belt replaced at that price. He also mentioned that they like to do the bolt tightening regardless of millage at that time as well.

I highly recommend Orland park alfa

·
Registered
175 Posts
Philly Area People:

AJ is pricing this out independently as we speak. Est 8 hours labor. He is going to see if he can get D'ambrosio's tools. If not, he'll buy if he gets enough interest.

I know Alfa Works has the two-week lease option.

AJ is interested in knowing who would be interested in this service. Please let me know. We can get multicar discounts and save on tools, etc,

@greg @JSTACOG @Jvito @moehler @lars @4Corsa @Pastafozol
Id take them up on that but im not due for a year or so.

What did Fullerton say?

Reactions: Philster

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
@4Corsa , I have followed-up but they have an automated message saying the are closed because of inclement weather.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
26 Posts
With 12-24” of snow dumped around northern NJ, am thinking at least for today, not COVID.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Local Alfa dealer here in GA wanted $2500 just for the timing best. I did it all in my garage for the cost of the parts. Honestly this car is so easy to work on if you half a brain, tools and the ability to read directions from people that have posted on the forums or Alfaworks website. Bolt tightening is only 48 bolts if I remember correctly. Super easy to do. these guys was $1200.
I was gonna buy parts and the locking kit. I’ve done an engine swap on a civic back in the day, do my own oil, but have never changed a belt before. I can follow directions pretty well, as long as they are direct.

If I take my time, how long do you expect? Also, is there a chance to break anything big that I should be aware of?

I plan on starting the breakdown on a Saturday and working through the weekend.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Faulkner Alfa Romeo-Maserati; Willow Grove, PA; USA

Cam belt: $3000+ USD w/ new water pump and tensioner. I literally laughed. They claimed '$1,000 for parts.'

For kicks, I asked about an oil change. I mean, this should be revealing: $430 USD.

They are a kilometer away from home, so I had to inquire. Now to pick up the phone and start calling around....
just had timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt, oil change, air filter, new battery and adjust parking brake lever at my local Alfa Dealer $2,297.89

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone know of a good Alfa service shop in northern VA? The alfa dealers here also want $3k+ to do the timing belt.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Which is where?
Sunset Maserati/Alfa/Fiat in Sarasota, FL always seem to be closer to Fiat Rates than Maserati Rates

·
Registered
17 Posts
just had timing belt, water pump and serpentine belt, oil change, air filter, new battery and adjust parking brake lever at my local Alfa Dealer $2,297.89
I had mine timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt and pulleys and tensioner done two weeks ago at Limitless Motorwerks south of Miami for $1,400. They are terrific. I got a quote from the Collection for the same work for $6,500.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Guys, I am behind on following up with quotes in the PA/DE/NJ/MD area... as weather was a big deal earlier this week, and I am behind myself.

I will be updating this thread soon.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I had mine timing belt, water pump, serpentine belt and pulleys and tensioner done two weeks ago at Limitless Motorwerks south of Miami for $1,400. They are terrific. I got a quote from the Collection for the same work for $6,500.
Please send a copy of the invoice.

NOTE: If anyone had work done for reasonable rate at any of the dealer network, include an invoice if you can!

Thank you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was thinking about my situation where the local Alfa dealer in Owings Mills, MD closed, but their Fiat dealership next door is still operating. I just called them to see if the Alfa techs are still working in the Fiat dealership (they used to share the service department). I was told the 4C certified mechanics are still with them, and the labor quote for the timing belt change was $709. This price is for the timing belt work only, and not the water pump. I figure on letting water pump replacement go until the next time the belt is changed, as it will only have about 15K miles on it by then. I could bring my own parts, but they would not warranty the parts, just the labor. Seems like this will be the way to go for me.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I was thinking about my situation where the local Alfa dealer in Owings Mills, MD closed, but their Fiat dealership next door is still operating. I just called them to see if the Alfa techs are still working in the Fiat dealership (they used to share the service department). I was told the 4C certified mechanics are still with them, and the labor quote for the timing belt change was $709. This price is for the timing belt work only, and not the water pump. I figure on letting water pump replacement go until the next time the belt is changed, as it will only have about 15K miles on it by then. I could bring my own parts, but they would not warranty the parts, just the labor. Seems like this will be the way to go for me.

Awesome lead!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I'm over a year away for this service if you go by time
and 43,000 miles away if you go by that.

WAZZUP BEOTCHES.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts