Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

161 - 180 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Basalt on Red Coupe, M3, ZHP
34 Posts
Service manager at Alfa Romeo Tysons Corner Virginia:
Estimate to replace the timing belt and water pump with related seals and gaskets, tensioner and fluids also includes price for refrigerant if requires will run $3135.50 parts and labor. Does not include a serpentine belt if needed. The maintenance chart shows rep[lacement replacement at 3 years or 36k .
Alignment to factory specs id $250.00

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
Estimate to replace the timing belt and water pump with related seals and gaskets, tensioner and fluids also includes price for refrigerant if requires will run $3135.50 parts and labor. Does not include a serpentine belt if needed. The maintenance chart shows rep[lacement replacement at 3 years or 36k .
Holy hell! Nah, they’re making it up as they go along. Your Owners’ Manual has the correct info or go to the the Alfaworkshop site and have a look at the service info Jamie Porter has posted, which mirrors the Owners’ Manual but includes the prices he charges. Do the currency conversion and that should be a correct, ball-park figure you should be using as a reference.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Holy hell! Nah, they’re making it up as they go along. Your Owners’ Manual has the correct info or go to the the Alfaworkshop site and have a look at the service info Jamie Porter has posted, which mirrors the Owners’ Manual but includes the prices he charges. Do the currency conversion and that should be a correct, ball-park figure you should be using as a reference.
Yeah, if I cant trust them to tell me the correct interval for TB change, no chance they are servicing my car

·
Registered
186 Posts
Curious - which SA did you speak to?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Alignment at my dealer is $345, and oil change is $395

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
The maintenance chart doesn't show that! Upthread, I noted that 3500 was my local Maserati-Alfa dealer quote, who said the price was high because 'the 4C is a very special car' -- and I asked what makes the most popular engine in the word, a 4-cylinder gasoline engine, special. The same thing that leads to 400-dollar oil changes I suppose.

Every sentence started with "Well..." the classic bullshit starter word. These are not service advisors; they are sales people who now work in the service department. I said this before, but I am being literal. They are there to sell, or the dealer's model collapses otherwise. And the premise? People who buy Maseratis are idiots and will cave to the bullshit.

·
Registered
540 Posts
LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT I CALLED THE USA HEADQUARTERS DIRECT TO OPEN THE BELOW CASE. I have to now regret a life decision to move into a condo. I have to drive to get my tires and parts that sit at an unresponsive dealer and go to plan Z. Why? Because requesting work on a 4C results in price gouging or ghosting. What is my 'ghosted' count now??? I HAVE LOST TRACK.

Hello Mr. Leone,

My name is Araceli with Alfa Romeo Premium Care and I am your advocate to
ensure all issues are addressed to your satisfaction.
Please find below useful information for future communication pertaining to
your concerns.:

Your Case Number: 79041093
Alfa Romeo Case Management Telephone: 844-253-XXXX
My Direct Extension: X4060XX
My Week-Day-Availability: Monday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. , Tuesday 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. , Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern standard times.

I am actively working on your inquiry, and will contact you as soon as I have
some news to impart. In the interim, please do not hesitate to reach out to me
if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing Alfa Romeo.
Good luck. I was at the Malvern dealership yesterday for 2 new pirelli tires (fronts are still near new so can't swap to other brand yet) $550 installed which is $100 more than tirerack installed, oil change for $240 not bad considering parts would be just over $100 if bought local and state inspection. I asked Tony if he has heard from AJ lately, said he was just in touch with him. They did do a good job on my car and in the end felt the care and attention they gave my car was worth paying too much this time.

·
Super Moderator
8,834 Posts
LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT I CALLED THE USA HEADQUARTERS DIRECT TO OPEN THE BELOW CASE. I have to now regret a life decision to move into a condo. I have to drive to get my tires and parts that sit at an unresponsive dealer and go to plan Z. Why? Because requesting work on a 4C results in price gouging or ghosting. What is my 'ghosted' count now??? I HAVE LOST TRACK.

Hello Mr. Leone,

My name is Araceli with Alfa Romeo Premium Care and I am your advocate to
ensure all issues are addressed to your satisfaction.
Please find below useful information for future communication pertaining to
your concerns.:

Your Case Number: 79041093
Alfa Romeo Case Management Telephone: 844-253-XXXX
My Direct Extension: X4060XX
My Week-Day-Availability: Monday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. , Tuesday 11:30 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. , Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern standard times.

I am actively working on your inquiry, and will contact you as soon as I have
some news to impart. In the interim, please do not hesitate to reach out to me
if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing Alfa Romeo.
Onya, Phil! 👍

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
Off to test drive 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium; I have 4C title in hand so friend who brokered my cars before at Professional Automobile Exchange will handle getting 4C up to snuff for sale and will manage all arrangements for financing and shipping for anyone interested.

Life is too short. Maybe I will hate the Supra. Dealer up the road arranging drive. Keep ya posted.

:eek:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Shame but understandable. The dealer network for AR in the USA is horrible. The brand wants to sit with the luxury brands in price but not in quality of service or dealership experience. The price variance is bewildering, why is maintaining a 4C similar in price to maintaining my MB with twin turbo V8? The 4C does draw you to it, but the company behind it and their dealer network pushes away,

Two service advisors told me this week just how difficult it is to change oil in a 4C. Think any of us could literally change the oil and filter with a blindfold if the car was already in the air. This includes removing the back plate under the car.

Best of luck with the supra, sad to see one of the AR proponents potentially leaving such a fun little car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Off to test drive 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium; I have 4C title in hand so friend who brokered my cars before at Professional Automobile Exchange will handle getting 4C up to snuff for sale and will manage all arrangements for financing and shipping for anyone interested.

Life is too short. Maybe I will hate the Supra. Dealer up the road arranging drive. Keep ya posted.

FYI: If you ever like to drive with your windows down at all, you may be unhappy with the Supra. Even the diehard sports car automobile reviewers say the car is horrible if you have the windows down. They say there is some kind of turbulence that pounds on your eardrums. So you may want to test this on your drive.

Reactions: Alfanut and D001

·
Registered
34 Posts

The supra has a great powertrain and calibration. Fantastic sounding exhaust as well. She does suffer in grip, putting the power down. Also think the interior quality is not there with hard sansa faux leather. Please look up Jason Camissa's piece on Supra on YouTube, very informative if you are curious about buying the supra.

·
Super Moderator
1,828 Posts
FYI: If you ever like to drive with your windows down at all, you may be unhappy with the Supra. Even the diehard sports car automobile reviewers say the car is horrible if you have the windows down. They say there is some kind of turbulence that pounds on your eardrums. So you may want to test this on your drive.
‘There are products on the market that reduce the wind buffeting, but I would go with the Z4 M40i.

161 - 180 of 241 Posts