Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

Registered
The search is on..............
Look at the size of that air dam though!!! Wtf , must be an inch deep or more 馃槻
The factory one in the picture of the Basalt car there (if you look past the damage)?? If the scrape armor had been shown installed there that air dam would still hang down 3/4" .. They are very thin, but very tough.

Registered
The factory one in the picture of the Basalt car there (if you look past the damage)?? If the scrape armor had been shown installed there that air dam would still hang down 3/4" .. They are very thin, but very tough.
My air dam does not look as big as that one, I think mine hangs down about 10 mm

Registered
OUCH on numerous levels. I hope that bumper was still on the 4C when it arrived at its destination.

It does show that the value of these cars used is $67, so private sellers with patience have a ballpark.

My Wife's boss asked her the other day if I still have my 4c.
She said hell yea and her boss responded,
"That's good, cause nothing sucks more than saying I USED TO OWN an Alfa."

Premium Member
this is human nature, you will never be satisfied, 2 months back someone on this forum told me to sell it with an offer i got for 55K and hey time is money too, I put everything thing I had in the car for the person who will own it next. it is already 7K more now, check this link--> https://www.vroom.com/inventory/alfa-romeo-4c-2018-ZARBAAB48JM268290
Got another price drop email on this so figured I would bump the post. Just amazing how Vroom aggressively buys cars and then figures it out later. Price is now 60,999 with free delivery to my zip code (click the same link above). Safe to assume Vroom is not making any money on this car, or will likely loose money.

@Raka can take solace that he got a good exit by selling this to Vroom for 60k.

Registered
Does Vroom handle financing? Yeah, they'll get high-than average interest and it's the financing that will be their gravy.

Do they upsell warranties and other coverages, too? If so, they might have some margin in there afterall.

(Edit to add: They offer all this, and it's these activities that might determine if they're a successful operation. They have a clientele that is more unlikely to buy add-ons [people wanting no hassle and to buy a car like an Amazon product]. Sales up. Profitability notsomuch. Wall Street watches only their vehicle sales. D'oh! )

Reactions: John4C

Registered
Got another price drop email on this so figured I would bump the post. Just amazing how Vroom aggressively buys cars and then figures it out later. Price is now 60,999 with free delivery to my zip code (click the same link above). Safe to assume Vroom is not making any money on this car, or will likely loose money.

@Raka can take solace that he got a good exit by selling this to Vroom for 60k.
I saw that too, and they were quick to go through the discounting process. In only 11 days it went from 66,499 to 60,999............. Will SOMEbody PLEASE Buy my BMW ??? I thought I had it sold but maybe the guy's wife shut him down.....
They won't likely go any lower than that unless they can give you nothing for your trade-in or (a quote from a review) ---- When Vroom offers to finance, they鈥檙e not offering it as your friend. They鈥檙e offering it because that鈥檚 how they make money,鈥 money expert Clark Howard cautions.

Premium Member
Does Vroom handle financing? Yeah, they'll get high-than average interest and it's the financing that will be their gravy.

Do they upsell warranties and other coverages, too? If so, they might have some margin in there afterall.

(Edit to add: They offer all this, and it's these activities that might determine if they're a successful operation. They have a clientele that is more unlikely to buy add-ons [people wanting no hassle and to buy a car like an Amazon product]. Sales up. Profitability notsomuch. Wall Street watches only their vehicle sales. D'oh! )
At least as of a year ago their extended warranties were extremely good value. Their max exclusionary warranty for 72 months/60k miles (from date of purchase) was ~$2k IIRC. No idea if they are good or not, I just got the price at the time and thought it was a much better deal than the Mopar ones.

Registered
I quit.

Later, I guess I should know better than to look before I've got money in my hands

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
well, I was about to buy it back when it was at 62,499 (the reason is stupid dealership markups on other new cars, I could not find something similar as weekend fun) ... but then i got myself this one so only can keep one car in my garage for now, whoever got it will love it.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

If this 4C got sold for 60,999, then I do not think they would have made anything out of it unless another buyer is financing the car through Vroom.

Registered
Yeah buddy 鉂 Talk about being on the same wavelength. I'm suddenly not so sad. I traded in my black coupe for older Cousin. BUT.......... don't be surprised if you suddenly find yourself getting more attention than you anticipated. Don't stop at a gas station unless you have time to talk. I find myself not wanting to stop or drive it when I don't have any time to waste getting to my destination (so I don't come off as 'one of those guys' who doesn't want to talk, or be a dick, etc.) Yes, the Alfa got attention, but not anywhere near what these V10's get. I find now I want the Alfa back to just whip around in and not give a hoot so I'm selling my stupid SUV that takes up the other spot (not a DD either).
P.S. I'm the guy who called and talked to you on the phone about your car......just CAN'T get mine sold yet, that deal fell through. You see I quit up above finding out there's a sale pending now on yours. Frustration..........

21 - 34 of 34 Posts