Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I had the Powerflex bushing installed while I was having my timing belt done. I've had it on the car about 3 weeks now and just wanted to report on it. It's definitely noticeable; the car feels more solid. Shifts are more precise, especially "lazy" shifts up. So, for example, when you're in 5th at low-ish revs and you shift into 6th, my car would always comply but lazily - it would take a while and then shift. Now it's faster and doesn't feel like it hesitates. There's no additional NVH at all that I can tell (I got the yellow/street one).

All in all a great mod, I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also installed this last week while I had the undertray removed so I could do my typical pre-DE inspection. I had the car out at Dominion Raceway last Friday and I also noticed a positive difference! In particular, I found that it improved my ability to throttle steer as it reduced the delay in pedal input to car attitude adjustment. I can also confirm I noticed zero negative impact on NVH.
Given the low cost, ease of install (took me maybe a couple hours including mistakes after getting the car up in the air), no negative impacts that I’ve seen, and the improvement to drive ability, I would recommend this mod to everyone here, regardless of use case of your car.
-Jeff

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh! I wanted to add that this wouldn't have been possible without Docron's thread on the install! The dealership service manager was telling me they couldn't do it thinking it was extremely involved. I sent them Docron's thread on his install and they looked at it and said it'd be no problem. So a big thanks to Docron!

·
Registered
2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
936 Posts
Installed mine with the new exhaust. I can really feel the difference! The shifts are not so jerky at lower speeds, in auto or manual. Well worth it.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Any noticeable vibrations? How hard was the install?
You mean as opposed to all the other “normal” vibrations in the 4C? :D

Install is not at all terrible.

Discussion, photos and a video here:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Installed mine with the new exhaust. I can really feel the difference! The shifts are not so jerky at lower speeds, in auto or manual. Well worth it. View attachment 109222
Mine just arrived and waiting until I have time to install. What exhaust did you get? I am on the fence about getting the black center exhaust from MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've had my Powerflex black bushing insert installed for over a year now. It's the only mod I've done to the car other than the Koshi CF shifter paddles. I think it makes a nice difference, the engine has less movement back there and I didnt notice any extra vibrations or other issues. For the price of this mod and the ease of installation, you can't go wrong.

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Was the exhaust easy to install? Wondering if I should get the 100 cell too!

If you plan to change the cat, expect a wrestling match! Getting to that clamp nearly finished me. Wound up having the dealer do that part, and they had to remove the heat shield between engine bay and fuel tank. Hard to do without a proper lift. Maybe others have had better luck.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you plan to change the cat, expect a wrestling match! Getting to that clamp nearly finished me. Wound up having the dealer do that part, and they had to remove the heat shield between engine bay and fuel tank. Hard to do without a proper lift. Maybe others have had better luck.

Sounds like you had quite the time. Did you go with the 100-cell? Any regrets?

·
Super Moderator
16,415 Posts
Hmmm . . . . Sounds like I need an engine mount bushing.
Yup.

Sounds like you had quite the time. Did you go with the 100-cell? Any regrets?
Went with the GMS full system (turbo back) including 200 cell cat.
Does throw codes, but EC can give you a tune which ignores them (otherwise, you are stuck in Nautural, or have to unplug the battery to reset the E-test every 100 miles or so). You also (not understanding why, but it is the case) lose some low end torque from the freer flowing exhaust. But you gain it in top end power. Lap times are same or better than before.

But other than that, no regrets. Engine bay is cooler (cat, 3” wrapped exhaust pipe, and resonator because without that it would be way too loud - IMO only). That was my #1 goal and it succeeded. Having a cat that was less likely to foul on track was #2. Happy camper here!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts