Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Insurance rates going up on 4c . Just got new quote for renewal rate on 4c went up 20% with less value by 4k. My guess more stats on 4c wrecked coming in as write offs.I saw on FB groups as much as 40% up without tickets.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I just restructured my Geico (top 3 giant US insurance company) policy with the 4C cheapest of the three vehicles, and a slight drop in the 4C costs. If you have 'specialty car' insurance from a company that insures antiques, collector cars or exotics, there are pros and cons.

One pro is that they know how little some cars get used and other details about owners and the care to these special cars. The con is that if your model has very unique issue (CF tub), they are reactive to that because they have experts who know when to raise rates to reduce risk when that fear is realized.

Sometimes, a 4C can fly under the radar at a big, generic insurance company.

Last year, all the specialty insurance companies quoted me 50-80% more than I was paying at Geico. I was stunned. I am around 975 USD per year for the 4C, and quotes of 1500 and 1600 were being given to me by the more specialized insurance companies.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
That’s odd. I renewed last month and my rate was unchanged. My 4C insurance remained surprisingly inexpensive.

I’m skeptical that this is a 4C specific thing and not a function of a few drivers who maybe aren’t being transparent about other factors or a case of isolated insurers who may be increase rates across multiple models.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No changes for me. Same as last year, I'm paying $650 yr with Grundy, just renewed mine this month. Agreed value of $45k.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have 2 cars insured with Grundy. The yearly premiums dropped by $200. $100 for each car. Of course I am a responsible "mature" 🧓 slow driver and I should get a good rate. :) My premium is $650 per year, for each car. So a total of $1300 a year for both cars. The agreed value for the 4C is $50,000. For the Cobra it is $60,000. That is what I paid for them. I did have American Modern, it had a 3000 mile a year limit. Grundy had no mileage limit. That surprised me.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have 2 tickets on my record and the gf has 1. We have the 18 model 4c and her 2017 Prius and there cheapest we could find full coverage was for $350 a month with progressive. We're both 28 and 26. My best friend works for progressive and has always gotten me the best rate anywhere. Gieco and State Farm wanted $460 a month. Sooo I would love to pay yall's kind of rates.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have 2 tickets on my record and the gf has 1. We have the 18 model 4c and her 2017 Prius and there cheapest we could find full coverage was for $350 a month with progressive. We're both 28 and 26. My best friend works for progressive and has always gotten me the best rate anywhere. Gieco and State Farm wanted $460 a month. Sooo I wouls love to pay yall's kind of rates.
now we all understand why you are known as "Now i'm Broke" :D

·
Registered
2016 Basalt Grey Coupe
10 Posts
About $600 per year with American Modern through Alex LaRue agency. 3000 miles per year with agreed value of 45k

·
Registered
760 Posts
Bumping the thread as given where our cars are changing hands, I'm thinking of switching to an agreed value insurance policy. In the event of irreparable damage, I don't want to run the risk of some random Geico guy looking at Manheim prices and paying out half as much as the car is actually worth.

Anyone has any suggestion besides Hagerty and Grundy?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Bumping the thread as given where our cars are changing hands, I'm thinking of switching to an agreed value insurance policy. In the event of irreparable damage, I don't want to run the risk of some random Geico guy looking at Manheim prices and paying out half as much as the car is actually worth.

Anyone has any suggestion besides Hagerty and Grundy?
I had two cars that were covered by American Modern, then changed to a Grundy agreed value policy. The coverage is better, premiums are quite a bit lower and there is no yearly mileage limit. American Modern had a 3000 yearly mileage limit. My agreed value for the 4C is $50,000. That is what I paid for it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have two cars on a Heacock classic policy. 3,000 miles allowed per year each, and an agreed value of $47kk each. Total premium is about $1,100.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My insurance rate is around $1,400.00CDN/yr with full collision and 2 million liability. The value is set at $82KCDN. I am able too reduce it by about $435.00CDN by taking coverage off for approx. 6 months providing that I don't resume coverage for a minimum of 45 days from deleting coverage. The savings amount to about $2.41/day. The rates are about the same as a year ago.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I pay $1200 a year for the 4C with 8000 miles per year. through Safeco. Not sure I have a negotiated price for the value of the car. That price includes coverage for me, my wife and 21 yr old son. I didn't think that was bad and I believe it was the same price as Hagerty quoted me.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I pay $1200 a year for the 4C with 8000 miles per year. through Safeco. Not sure I have a negotiated price for the value of the car. That price includes coverage for me, my wife and 21 yr old son. I didn't think that was bad and I believe it was the same price as Hagerty quoted me.
I'm on Safeco in Southern California. All the discounts. Combined policy for autos and home, good driving, and age. With 100,000/300,000 coverage I'm at about $1,600 for the 4C. The bulk of that is comp and collision ($905). Where are you in US?

·
Registered
115 Posts
For Texas 4C owners, please make sure you have as much under/un-insured motorist coverage as your carrier will sell you.

Our 4Cs appear to be pretty "crashworthy " cars, but they are small and apparently difficult for distracted motorists to see.

The primary focus of my law practice is motor vehicle collision cases, so if any of you Texas 4C owners are unsure about your coverage types and amounts, PM me and I would be happy to take a look at your declarations page to see what you are currently carrying.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts