Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
21 - 40 of 106 Posts

·
Vendor
179 Posts
Sorry to hijack the thread but if street only compliance was primary mission what would be the recommendation?
For street compliance, we definitely recommend the Intrax system with the added Arc Roll Control.

The extra Arc reservoirs and proprietary valving of these are purposely designed to retain stiffness at higher speeds, while still absorbing sharp hits (you know, potholes, traintracks, that sort of thing)

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I just put my order in to the factory for a set of Intrax 1K2 XL coilovers. I described to them what I’m after and I’m trusting they will build me something suitable. Their claim is a custom build for the client. Fingers crossed it does all it says on the box ‘cause they ain’t cheap. They’ll take 7 weeks to fulfill the order then there’s shipping time then fitting and fettling. Give me 3 months from now to report back.🙏

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just put my order in to the factory for a set of Intrax 1K2 XL coilovers. I described to them what I’m after and I’m trusting they will build me something suitable. Their claim is a custom build for the client. Fingers crossed it does all it says on the box ‘cause they ain’t cheap. They’ll be 7 weeks to fulfill the order then there’s shipping time then fitting and fettling. Give me 3 months from now to report back.🙏
Way to go Jimmy, I know this is something you have been chewing on for a while mate. Good to see you do the dive. 👍 👏👏 I'm next

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Way to go Jimmy, I know this is something you have been chewing on for a while mate. Good to see you do the dive. 👍 👏👏 I'm next
Yes, Dario. I did another back-road Bathurst run on Sunday with Cath in the suicide seat and thought it was now time to improve things. Too much roll and bottoming out at speed. Rosie deserves better.

Should be getting my wheels back from the painters on Friday too, so it’s all happening.😄

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@Alfanut please share your thoughts when you get them as well as if you got ARC, spring rates etc. I’m definitely interested in these down the line.
I certainly will. Not many have opted for Intrax, probably due to the cost. The roads I travel on aren’t the smoothest but they are great fun despite that. Added is the occasional track day and Cipsonys’ skirts I’ve got sitting in my garage, I’m in need of something with a good deal of compliance yet without too much roll in the corners. What finally tipped me over the edge was a backroad blast to Bathurst last Sunday with my wife in the passenger seat.

I’ve ordered with ARC and the Black Titan coating. I’ll let you know the spring rates and how they go with a little underside aero downforce.👍
Edit: Current pricing…
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

·
Registered
578 Posts
I certainly will. Not many have opted for Intrax, probably due to the cost. The roads I travel on aren’t the smoothest but they are great fun despite that. Added is the occasional track day and Cipsonys’ skirts I’ve got sitting in my garage, I’m in need of something with a good deal of compliance yet without too much roll in the corners. What finally tipped me over the edge was a backroad blast to Bathurst last Sunday with my wife in the passenger seat.

I’ve ordered with ARC and the Black Titan coating. I’ll let you know the spring rates and how they go with a little underside aero downforce.👍
Edit: Current pricing…
View attachment 129555

I am waiting with anticipation to see how this goes for you as we have discussed, I am after a similar spec. Unfortunately I have not yet done the rear control arms or the sway bars so it will be a big expense all together. Using a set of bars that can be adjusted for the track day plus easy shock adjustment and the ARC feature might be the trick. It’s all a compromise and I don’t like using ARB usually to substitute for spring rates, but there is a sweet spot unless you are seeking to maximize track times. Might even go down from the really stiff sidewall re71 to an A052 or PSP4 or extreme contact as another way to get some compliance for street, and just save the re71’s for the trackday.

·
Administrator
18,865 Posts
@Alfanut please share your thoughts when you get them as well as if you got ARC, spring rates etc. I’m definitely interested in these down the line.
+1

Not unhappy with the non-track shocks paired with the track pack ARBs, but upgrading suspension would be my next logical mod. I have very little personal experience with this part of a car, but have seen too many people mess their car’s handling up by making major changes that don’t suit their needs. And I don’t have the time nor the patience to be changing dampening, ride height and rebound after every few laps on track, in pursuit of a tenth that may or may not be there.

It makes sense to go for a well engineered system like this. Liking the idea of ditching those heavy bars, too. Just need to get more feedback on this and other systems before taking the plunge. I don’t mind (much) spending some money on it, but am terrified about coming up with an inferior driving setup for me / my purposes.

Also want @cipsony ’s under car aero, which will take a firmer setup than what I currently run (or it will be ground down to nothing in no time!).

Good luck with this, @Alfanut , and keep us informed.

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
+1

Not unhappy with the non-track shocks paired with the track pack ARBs, but upgrading suspension would be my next logical mod. I have very little personal experience with this part of a car, but have seen too many people mess their car’s handling up by making major changes that don’t suit their needs. And I don’t have the time nor the patience to be changing dampening, ride height and rebound after every few laps on track, in pursuit of a tenth that may or may not be there.

It makes sense to go for a well engineered system like this. Liking the idea of ditching those heavy bars, too. Just need to get more feedback on this and other systems before taking the plunge. I don’t mind (much) spending some money on it, but am terrified about coming up with an inferior driving setup for me / my purposes.

Also want @cipsony ’s under car aero, which will take a firmer setup than what I currently run (or it will be ground down to nothing in no time!).

Good luck with this, @Alfanut , and keep us informed.
My thoughts are similar too, 4Canada. There’s an element doubt with it being a huge over-spend but I’m willing to give it a go for the benefit of improving Forum knowledge by trying something different. My purpose isn’t actually for the ultimate lap time but rather for better control and compliance on rough backroads without the need for a rear ARB that can limit the independent movement of the suspension. Maybe I’m asking for too much but on certain bends with the standard suspension an annoying oscillation of the body can start up. Then there’s loss of traction of the inside rear in tight hairpins. I want better control, yet with compliance and with reduced lean. Then with a few clicks stiffen things up for the track. It’ll be interesting to see what Intrax comes up with or if it’s all marketing bs.

·
Administrator
18,865 Posts
So, yours are the ones that Matt posted about?

Been looking at these and meaning to ask you more about your choice. Guess I'll just wait now and hear your impressions! They look amazing, BTW.

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So, yours are the ones that Matt posted about?

Been looking at these and meaning to ask you more about your choice. Guess I'll just wait now and hear your impressions! They look amazing, BTW.
No, I had mine made to order, direct from the factory. No distributors here in Oz. Mine are 1k2 XL versions with ARC and the aerospace coating. I’ve attached an Alfa9 image of what I’m expecting mine will look like.
Product Automotive tire Circuit component Bicycle part Coil spring

21 - 40 of 106 Posts