Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Santa Claus is coming to town
At least I know Santa would leave it. I need to sign for the bloody thing but do you think they can give me an approximate delivery time? Not a chance. They say it’ll come by end of day, so I can’t even work in the garage while waiting. I don’t want to miss this delivery for any reason. (Yeah, I don’t have a door bell…too annoying.)

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Now they say a delivery date will be given as soon as possible. How did I know it was too good to be true and I’ve effectively wasted a compete day waiting? What’s that saying about a watched pot never boiling? 🙄😔
Rectangle Font Electric blue Pattern Brand

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
So are we calling it? It’s 2am here. I should go to bed if so I guess. I’ve been excitedly waiting for the Alfanut Intrax arrival announcement 😕

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
So are we calling it? It’s 2am here. I should go to bed if so I guess. I’ve been excitedly waiting for the Alfanut Intrax arrival announcement 😕
It’s 5pm so I don’t see it arriving until next week. It’ll have all weekend to get lost in the warehouse. It was a six month wait for my carbon engine cover so anything sooner I’ll class as a bonus.

·
Registered
671 Posts
It’s 5pm so I don’t see it arriving until next week. It’ll have all weekend to get lost in the warehouse. It was a six month wait for my carbon engine cover so anything sooner I’ll class as a bonus.
Its a bitch Jim I know, nothing worse when you have to wait another weekend.Make sure you share the pics mate. (y)

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Its a bitch Jim I know, nothing worse when you have to wait another weekend.Make sure you share the pics mate. (y)
No worries, Dario…I ask why do they tell me it’s being delivered on a day when there was obviously no guarantee that they would. Been spending the day tearing apart old magazines to get at Alfa articles within for filing. The old mags are just taking up too much space.
Edit: The latest update….
Font Magenta Rectangle Brand Paper product

·
Super Moderator
12,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@neth , @peterA116 , Good things come to those prepared to wait. Just a little while longer, fellas. I think it’s their subtle way of telling me I’m about to be stung for $1,000 in import duty.😩

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’ve already paid tax on my income. It grates having to give them more. Nothing like an incentive to look for ways to claim more legitimate deductions around tax time.
This. I get the whole societal benefits of spreading wealth thing and all but damn getting the same dollar taxed multiple times just rubs me wrong.

·
Registered
427 Posts
This. I get the whole societal benefits of spreading wealth thing and all but damn getting the same dollar taxed multiple times just rubs me wrong.
Now I’m on a rant lol.

It’s even worse than the old insurance joke - you pay for insurance and then if you use it they raise your rates.

But this is:
  1. Earn dollar.
  2. Pay tax for the privilege of earning dollar.
  3. Spend dollar.
  4. Pay tax for the privilege of spending dollar.

Well what was the point of earning the dollar in the first place? To admire it? Grrrrrrrr.

·
Premium Member
3,420 Posts
Now I’m on a rant lol.

It’s even worse than the old insurance joke - you pay for insurance and the if you use it they raise your rates.

But this is:
  1. Earn dollar.
  2. Pay tax for the privilege of earning dollar.
  3. Spend dollar.
  4. Pay tax for the privilege of spending dollar.

Well what was the point of earning the dollar in the first place? To admire it? Grrrrrrrr.
You missed my favorite part…

5. Own item you spent dollar on
6. Pay value based tax on item you bought for the right to continue owning it

You can get taxed on that same dollar 10+ times, yay! 🤬

41 - 60 of 106 Posts