Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

· Super Moderator
4C SE, Giulietta Vel, 147, Sud, Guzzi 1100 Sport, Guzzi Le Mans MkV
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Were you able to get around that Tesla Model 3 in the last photo? Assuming you crushed it with braking and in the corners, but those things have massive torque at exit and can get to big speed quickly on the straights.
Easy! He was quick down the straight but started braking 100m before me. At 220kph I was past him in a flash and pulled 50m on him by the end of the sweeper. Not that we were racing.😁 Those things are heavy. Next time I’ll have a better track setting for the suspension and will use Cipsony’s side skirts.

· Super Moderator
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Is it my imagination or did Death take a ride with me yesterday? 😂 Not my time yet …though it could be getting close.🙄 It seems even he enjoys a good run in a 4C….Must have decided to jump into one of those German cars instead. 😂 (Edit: In a different group a Beemer nosed solidly into a wall. Driver OK)
Tire Vehicle Wheel Car Hood

· Super Moderator
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Must say it’s great that you follow up over time, thanks!
I forgot how much the braking stability has improved. There was none of that nose diving you get under hard brakes when it feels like the nose is burying itself and the rear wheels are almost airborne as you do with the standard suspension. All tyres stayed firmly planted. It seemed much easier to trail-brake too. The tyres must be playing a significant part in the feeling of security. No tram-lining or darting at all.
Various holidays, tours and bad weather have prevented track time, but the weather is improving so maybe another track evening in December/January. We’ll see who’s interested.

· Super Moderator
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
I forgot how much the braking stability has improved. There was none of that nose diving you get under hard brakes when it feels like the nose is burying itself and the rear wheels are almost airborne as you do with the standard suspension. All tyres stayed firmly planted. It seemed much easier to trail-brake too. The tyres must be playing a significant part in the feeling of security. No tram-lining or darting at all.
Various holidays, tours and bad weather have prevented track time, but the weather is improving so maybe another track evening in December/January. We’ll see who’s interested.
Eastern Creek aka Sydney Motorsport Park has been undergoing some track resurfacing so nothing happening in January. Awaiting a slot to have Rudi’s front suspension arms installed….

141 - 147 of 147 Posts