Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Alfa Romeo 4C Launch Edition #444
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
@Docron ... having scoured the forums, I’ve noted a -lot- of Ohio members! That is great. There are some Cars & Coffee events in Columbus I’ll make it down to this year. We should organize a 4C gathering in conjunction — would be fun!

@4Canada — yeah no sh!t hahah—- i was just reading his lighting/LED upgrade as I just ordered some clear front fender reflectors and his LED/info was helpful. Seems like I’m lucky to have him in my backyard (he is literally 90min drive from me)

Let’s hope I don’t have to take my car “apart” anytime soon tho ... at least, not unless I -want- to for upgrade purposes. Always more fun to “upgrade” than to “fix” haha

·
Super Moderator
2015 4C Launch Edition
4,953 Posts
Yep....if Doc Ron doesn't have the answer....it is some car other than a 4C. Once you get familiar with the car and things warm up AND if Covid restrictions are eased.....I invite you to S/E Michigan for a visit to the Detroit Chapter of the AROC. Great group and lots of things to see here in "Automotive Disneyland".

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Sounds like a plan @RKBerta — once things are a little less crazy, which is hopefully soon (my vaccination is scheduled in 8 days, finally!) — I’d love to make it up that way, and meet you and more 4C people. Been a while since I’ve visited some friends up that way, too. LMK if/when some 4C-friendly fun occurs up that way.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
What might interest you is Fiat Freakout 2021. This year is in Lancaster, PA June 23rd - 27th so pretty close for us.

i have gone a couple times, one with my Abarth and one with my 4C. Being cousins, Alfas are welcomed at FFO.
i’m still debating on going this year since it is so close and there should be more people vaccinated by then. But my hospital work may preclude me from going.

Reactions: peterA116 and Shaka

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Thanks for the kind words @RKBerta ... to answer your questions. First off the prior owner sold the ECU and the red car cover separately — so both of those items are gone. Selling dealer is sourcing me the missing car over, tool kit, etc. Waiting on those items. In the meantime, I ordered the AW ECU as the price ($1350 w/entire ECU) was better than the EC one ($1950 I think?) and was trying to be budget minded. Hopefully the performance of the AW is as good as EC? Car still has the V2 intake, so there is that going for me!

As for the seats, I had someone with white seats see this thread and reach out but i actually kind of like/prefer the red stitch work now that I have learned how the cars came otherwise. I agree that the discerning and educated buyer might care, but I wasn’t even aware when I was shopping and I suspect many buyers might not have done that level of work. Either way, I must admit the red stitch is preferred (by me, subjectively) which works for the red seats. If anything I’d consider doing the current red seats customized, and yeah I had found a thread seeing people doing quilting and diamond patterns etc. I’d probably just do red alcantara centers for the reasons of grip as mentioned.

But for now... I’m going to cool my jets. Since buying the car six days ago I’ve already ordered the ECU (which just arrived), new tires, AW Suspension Blocks, wheel spacers, a Pioneer headunit that just got installed (yours truly).. i think that is it? Haha... I should post up photos here of the HU but someone else here did the same prior so its nothing special. Before I’d spend any $$ on the seats which function fine, I’d rather almost get the QuickSilver resonated exhaust to cut down the drone. Plus in videos it sounds better/deeper than the stock race setup i think.. unless that is all just in my head!
There is a car cover on eBay in the UK posts worldwide

Alfa Romeo 4c Factory Car Cover | eBay

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
What might interest you is Fiat Freakout 2021. This year is in Lancaster, PA June 23rd - 27th so pretty close for us.

i have gone a couple times, one with my Abarth and one with my 4C. Being cousins, Alfas are welcomed at FFO.
i’m still debating on going this year since it is so close and there should be more people vaccinated by then. But my hospital work may preclude me from going.

ooh nice! That sounds & looks like it would be a blast. Regrettably that weekend is when we leave for a trip to a cabin in Tennessee. Assuming we can do such. It’s booked (trip / vacation) but so were plenty of trips last year that didn’t happen.
But the wife and kid probably prefer the idea of the mountains, to a car gathering. 😉

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

UPDATE - Sunday, March 21, 2021

Ohio weather is finally turning for better, and this provided me some quality seat time today. After a local car event (parking lot meetup) — decided to go for a cruise with some good friends. (See photo above; we’re some of the more elder members compared to the local “kids“ so we went off, did our own thing). Spent some time on some familiar, favorite roads that the 3x of us could push the cars around for a little while, and made the following observations:

POWER
Already purchased the AlfaWorks ECU Tune (stage1) — but it has been sitting on the counter in my garage. I want to get used to the car more before I upgrade the power. That said, I did have a few times today, especially on the freeway following 2x V10 cars, where a little extra juice would be nice. But in the 4C’s best set of twisty roads, the added power is definitely not needed. I don’t think it will be lost on me, but I get why Alfa set the power where it is, and I look forward to seeing how the power change feels down the road after I get more used to the car as-is.

TIRES
My car has the OE PZero up front, and some 10mm wider MPS4S tires in the rear. Although the car does drive acceptably, the mismatch of tires bothers me. It also tram lines and wanders. This is something that has been discussed a lot on these forums so I wont visit that. But the bottom line is that I’m going to upgrade the tires this week to the Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires, in the 215/245 combo that so many suggest. Hopefully they provide a more balanced driving experience.

HANDLING
Arriving tomorrow are a set of AlfaWorks “Fast Road” suspension blocks. And originally my plan was to drive head first into installing those and using the “road” alignment specs suggested by Alfa9 and AW. However, having read up all the posts by @GMS and speaking privately and public with a few members, I’ve decided to take things one step at a time, and do the tires and a fresh alignment first. And save the blocks for later, if deemed necessary.

ALIGNMENT
Based on posts and data on these forums, my plans are :
  • Set front toe in (+0°04' per wheel)
  • Set front camber (-1°00' per wheel)
  • Set rear toe in (+0°23' per wheel)
  • Set rear camber (-1°45' per wheel)
...if anyone has any feedback on this please feel free to chime in. My appointment is Tuesday morning (so in 2 days) for the tire mount/balance and the above noted alignment. I did buy some OE shims from A9, so those can be used if needed to dial in the front camber. If I understand correctly, the rear camber should be feasible with the upper adjustment screw (no shims).. yes?

ODDS/ENDS
My friend with the red R8 sells cars new/used for a living. He confirmed (or at least 90% confidence) that some panels on my car were perhaps repainted. I had suspected based on a “sheen” difference. He showed me how to check the edges and other ways to inspect. I don’t mind, although it may mean my purchase was a bit more $ than it should have been — but at the end of the day, I want a car to drive, and looking pretty is just an added bonus! I’ll get the paint polished/ceramic soon to help that along. Today was first time since my purchase that I washed the car, and was able to get up close— I’m happy with the car, and look forward to the tweaks. Decided to return my wheel spacers, and instead get the extended paddles, and found a local member with a used Sector111 resonated exhaust I plan to try out. More fun yet to come!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
For those who may be following this thread — please see link below for my tire/suspension update:

PS: Car goes in for spa day next week (PPF repair to side rockers, and polish/ceramic). After that I’ll get around to installing the AW ECU (tune) and more seat time with the tires. I’ll continue to use this thread for my ’mods’ update but may create new sub posts for easier finding — suspect “search” will work better that way for future members.

·
Registered
gtv6 3.0, Stelvio Ti
119 Posts

That’s not too far from me, a few hours. First car I ever drove was a Fiat 124 sport - a cool car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

REVIEW :: Suspension Blocks & Lower Engine Mount Bushing
Go visit my NEW post above — broken out for future ease of searching (for other members) - enjoy!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts