Alfa Romeo 4C Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First saw the 4c in person 5 years ago at a dealership in Toronto , and knew one day I would have one.
Well, that day came. As of last Saturday i am the owner of a new black spider w/ yellow callipers . I bought this
car without a test drive and was unsure of what to expect , but an hour later -- after driving around town and on the highway -- i couldn't get the smile off my face. My immediate reaction was 'wow! this car is awesome, why all the negative reviews?'. The steering feels great , it's quick enough, the seats are comfortable ( for me), the interior is sparse but has it's charm--suits the vibe of the car. Then there's the sounds...oh the sounds this car makes!

Since that initial hour drive, i've taken it out a couple more times and so far it's exceeded my expectations; it's a fantastic little car! Want to say thank you to all of you who've answered my questions ( about this car ) privately, and to those of you who post regularly on here ---for the wealth of information. I've officially joined the club :)

Will post pics...

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo 4C Rosso Competizione Coupe
30 Posts
Welcome to the club...and just in time for some summer driving! Enjoy and post a picture when you can.

GR

·
Registered
16 Posts
Congrats! Well worth the wait, yes? We should know--we followed similar paths. You and I joined this forum less than a month apart back in 2015, both of us intuitively knowing some day we would own one of these marvels. That some day for me came last July. So glad your "some day" came on Saturday! The best things in life are worth waiting for.

But unlike you I hadn't even seen one in person until last June at a local Portland dealership, and never even drove one until I flew to Omaha to purchase the white one I have now. What caught me was that this car is even more beautiful in person than in photos. I so was NOT expecting that. And that first one I ever saw was a gorgeous black spider with yellow calipers--great choice!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First saw the 4c in person 5 years ago at a dealership in Toronto , and knew one day I would have one.
Well, that day came. As of last Saturday i am the owner of a new black spider w/ yellow callipers . I bought this
car without a test drive and was unsure of what to expect , but an hour later -- after driving around town and on the highway -- i couldn't get the smile off my face. My immediate reaction was 'wow! this car is awesome, why all the negative reviews?'. The steering feels great , it's
Welcome to the club...and just in time for some summer driving! Enjoy and post a picture when you can.

GR
thank you
142B0747-4C85-4393-AABD-1B708D6CC9D4.jpeg
D4F24908-5D34-441D-B745-FED8C6959874.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
6,501 Posts
Lots of us early buyers had no test drive. We simply bought it on trust. No regrets. Glad you've joined us. Congratulations and enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
14,482 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!

Now you know what all the fuss was about. Don’t you feel bad for those who let the bad reviews make up their minds for them? Naw, me neither. ;)

Great colour combination. Thanks for the pix.

I hope you have a great summer enjoying your new 4C. It won’t do anything against the Coronavirus, but the Alfa Virus is a strong antidote for the stay-at-home blues.

Maybe we’ll see you on the road someday. I’m near London ON.

Take care! Enjoy!

·
Registered
322 Posts
No test drive here either. I based my purchase off the reviews in a thread on Ferrarichat.com. Congrats, the car looks great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats! Well worth the wait, yes? We should know--we followed similar paths. You and I joined this forum less than a month apart back in 2015, both of us intuitively knowing some day we would own one of these marvels. That some day for me came last July. So glad your "some day" came on Saturday! The best things in life are worth waiting for.

But unlike you I hadn't even seen one in person until last June at a local Portland dealership, and never even drove one until I flew to Omaha to purchase the white one I have now. What caught me was that this car is even more beautiful in person than in photos. I so was NOT expecting that. And that first one I ever saw was a gorgeous black spider with yellow calipers--great choice!
Thank you. And yes, more than well wort the wait...a little marvel describes it perfectly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No test drive here either. I based my purchase off the reviews in a thread on Ferrarichat.com. Congrats, the car looks great!
Thank you. Pics don't do this car justice, but all of you on here already know that :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations, and welcome to the club!

Now you know what all the fuss was about. Don’t you feel bad for those who let the bad reviews make up their minds for them? Naw, me neither. ;)

Great colour combination. Thanks for the pix.

I hope you have a great summer enjoying your new 4C. It won’t do anything against the Coronavirus, but the Alfa Virus is a strong antidote for the stay-at-home blues.

Maybe we’ll see you on the road someday. I’m near London ON.

Take care! Enjoy!
Thanks 4Canada . I've definitely caught the Alfa bug but no vaccine needed, just vitamin D ( aka sunny days )

·
Registered
855 Posts
Congrats mrt.

Like you, my first test drive was as an owner, I wasn't disappointed either.

Have fun as you explore the capabilities of these amazing cars.

Cheers,

Alf.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts